No announcement yet.

Brose Bamberg 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't understand why you sacked Trinchieri.

He was incredibly successful at Bamberg and a single bad season doesn't seem like reason enough for such drastic measures. Is there something more going on here?

I really doubt you're going to find a better coach than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Loggo View Post
      I really don't understand why you sacked Trinchieri.

He was incredibly successful at Bamberg and a single bad season doesn't seem like reason enough for such drastic measures. Is there something more going on here?

I really doubt you're going to find a better coach than him.
      Couldn't agree more....such a bad move from Bamberg management. As I sad before the season, the roster selection was terrible this year,and he couldn't do anything about it.You'll regret this decision,unless Radonjic improves his English
      Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
      SG/PG: Walden
      SG: Loyd
      SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
      SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
      PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
      PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
      C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

He selected the roster.

He is an unbelievable coach, a true genius - without any doubt, but I absolutely understand the decision. I am to tired and have to average english skills to translate my opinion/arguments into a long text, so I use notes:

1) After this season the Trinchieri-Saga would have ended, no matter the outcome.

2) We already missed our goals: Euroleague Playoffs are gone and the BBL Championship is (without any homecourt advantage) completely unrealistic based on our roster and shape, against a strong Bayern Munich and also Alba Berlin

3) He got all he wants in Bamberg. Everything. He was the decision maker; he wanted the ultimative power, so he also has to take the responsibility for his failures

4) He has meetings with other teams during the Season - with a contract for the next one. That was a bitch move for sure.

5) Rumors of at least two different reliable sources: Baiesi, Causeur and Strelnieks are likely to ne in Bamberg yet, without their personal "problems" with Trinchieri. I heard some stories in detail, can´t tell them, though Trinchieri is definitely no saint.

6) Social qualities: One week ago one of the most serious newspapers published an article about Brose Bamberg and it told, some players will leave the club, regardless their contracts if Trinchieri stays. Last season, we had the same problem including some key players which were not even mentioned so far. All in all Trinchieri has no control about his emotions. He screams at the sensitive ones and leaves the confident ones alone with their mistakes. So, I can understand some players want to leave.

7) His shoulder injury. He is "just" a coach, I know. Nonetheless this shoulder injury is super serious and obviously his way of coaching is limited after the surgery.

Don´t get me wrong: the last three season were amazing. We played one of the most attractive ball in europe even we couldn´t always translate our performances into Euroleague from my point of view. Nonetheless we had unbelievable three years! I guess the best in the history of our club. Also the interviews were super entertaining based on a great rhetoric and an intelligence way above average (could study at Harvard).

BUT the numbers of made mistakes are way to high: We lost our roots which included improving young, hungry, talent, character proven players and decided to go all in for the Euroleague. After the season we will push the reset button as it was published by our owner and I guess this means we go back to our roots. New coach, new young hungry players with no polluted areas.

From my point taking all the facts into consideration this decision was the only right one at this moment. We have to wake up some players and we should protect the sensitives...The goal has to be to reach the semifinals of the national league to reach the qualification for the Eurocup. This is more likely to reach with a players coach like his assistant Katzouris than with a perfectionist like Trinchieri. With this bunch of players he will never ever create the ball-movement of the last seasons. So we should take our main emphasis on building a better team chemistry and an atmosphere in which every players feels - based on his personality - a healthy way of pressure.
        Last edited by thiago94; 02-19-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for such a thorough post. Always interesting to know what goes on behind the scenes, because I've always thought Trinchieri was well loved by players. But of course it's a pity what happens to your team. I really wish Brose somehow to win the BBL and remain in the EL.

Comment

100 % agree to thiago 94 !!!

Trincheri is a great coach and we will NEVER forget his work in Bamberg.

BUT !!!
            Maybe it would have been better last season to let him go, than that you have allowed him too much (in principle EVERYTHING)
            In return, he got all Trust power and we lost Baiesi for this.

Regrettable for us fans is also just Baiesi to our biggest opponent changes !!!
            He knew everything about our organization and now use his knowledge for Bayern Munich.

And I'm sure Andrea would not have stayed in Bamberg any more after this season anyway, he actually wanted to leave last year, but then he stayed well since he was given the utmost confidence from the Club & Mangement.

A successful era is over now but Bamberg will also get up again, although maybe not in the front line anymore, as it is an open secret that the EL does not want small towns in your league, rather BIG names like Bayern Munich
            BROSE BAMBERG
            Manager : Leo de Rycke
            Coach : Roel Moors (New )

Guards : LEE /
            K.Taylor / Font / Stuckey /Weidemann
            Forwards : McLean / B.Taylor / Olinde /
            Bigs : Clarke / Marei / Sengfelder / Harris

www.telekombasketball.de/news/bamberg-wie-im-rausch-hinter-den-kulissen-des-8-titels/1281"
            youtube.com/watch?v=vIoybUM6HIw / min 0,44 FREAKS

Comment

Seems we will sign Luca Banchi for real. This is so insane. Kleiza and Bargani are FAs right?

Comment

Banchi is fact @ thiago

would be nice if one or the other of him knows us more about him
                here please .
                BROSE BAMBERG

www.telekombasketball.de/news/bamberg-wie-im-rausch-hinter-den-kulissen-des-8-titels/1281"

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
                  Seems we will sign Luca Banchi for real. This is so insane. Kleiza and Bargani are FAs right?
                  ahaha .. I know that Andrea was in hong Kong 1-2 months ago ahahaha

you could call him eheheh
                  Originally posted by Franke View Post
                  Banchi is fact @ thiago

would be nice if one or the other of him knows us more about him
                  here please .
                  He is a great 2nd coach,defensive minded

Based on the recent experience in Italy with Siena and Turin,where he got very good achieve, i think he's a good coach,but not on Andrea's level

in the first year with Milan he had very talebted team (Langofrd,Gentile,Hackett,Samuels),great chemistry(thanks to him) and for some details they didn't get the pass for the final 4 against Maccabi

in the second year completely disaster

i think is a medium coach,not euroleague level like Pianigiani in my opinion,but better than other for sure

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
                    Kleiza has a spot in Lietuvos Rytas GM's office.

Comment

I don't like Banchi at all, I would have kept Trinchieri till the end of the season.

His basket philosophy includes lots of 3pts and a quite disorganised defence.

But who knows, sometimes these coaches who give a lot of freedom bring good results at the beginning.

Comment

Andrea had the team no longer under control - unfortunately too many mistakes but in himself, he sought no fault
                        After this weekend I already see progress under Banchi .
                        Today with an important away win in Ulm which are also under enormous pressure ( 67:90 )
                        The team is relaxed and focused again.
                        BROSE BAMBERG

Comment

I don't know how Banchi finds the time to coach Brose and also be the Mayor of Athens.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information