Turkish Basketball League (BSL) - 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    yeah, and we have to mention that Efes and Mr Perasovic are now the worst in this aspect. it's actually embarrassing. In a team loaded with young talent (Saybir, Bitim, Mustafa, Demir, even Erdogan), no one plays a single fucking minute, even in TBL... instead, they signed mediocre players like Muric...
    Peras already said that, it i impossible for the young to get a minute in euroleague and state that he may give some in BSL.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
      Peras already said that, it i impossible for the young to get a minute in euroleague and state that he may give some in BSL.
      I did not see that. I'd fire him immediately then if I was the GM. and I'd fire the GM right away too if I was the president
      he does not play them in domestic league either.
      I'm wondering what he thinks he will do in the EL with this roster. becoming 10th instead of 15th?
      besides, these kids probably cannot do worse than some of the expats in the team.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        I did not see that. I'd fire him immediately then if I was the GM. and I'd fire the GM right away too if I was the president
        he does not play them in domestic league either.
        I'm wondering what he thinks he will do in the EL with this roster. becoming 10th instead of 15th?
        besides, these kids probably cannot do worse than some of the expats in the team.
        I watched Es-es vs Efes game, Onuralp Bitim entered the game in the first half and he found 5 points in transitions; unfortunately other Efes players ignored him on offence. He seem confident and his shooting stroke is almost exellent.

Comment

Hope he`ll take the Furkan route and leave soon. Banvit or Beşiktaş might be nice fits

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
            Hope he`ll take the Furkan route and leave soon. Banvit or Beşiktaş might be nice fits
            Sarıca's team is a disaster for every young player just like Ene's. But I agree about Banvit, plus Karşıyaka, Kunter's GS, Giresun could be other options. However it is still too early for this kind of move I think.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
              Sarıca's team is a disaster for every young player just like Ene's. But I agree about Banvit, plus Karşıyaka, Kunter's GS, Giresun could be other options. However it is still too early for this kind of move I think.
              yeah, it's a bit early... maybe Perasovic will be sacked soon

For talents like Bitim, I don't get why it's such a big deal to give them playing time. They'll do fine at 16 or 18. He did pretty well as you said in TBL game and I was counting seconds to maybe see him again, but of course it did not happen.

with this current approach, Hido or Mirsad would never become serious players. They both were taking serious roles at 18 yo, and sometimes tuning the games over. I still remember Mirsad's bringng us the win in Athens by coming out-of-nowhere. Memo would be playing in 2nd league. Ibo would be getting 5mpg.

Comment

so..
                Yiğit Arslan getting lost week after week, hope him to escape from Ene as soon as possible
                Trifunovic is a nice detail, Turen and Karahan getting better, a bit disappointed with Ugurlu and Güven, it is sad to see them in the bottom of the league
                J. Birsen awakening, a rebounding machine (one of the league's top rebounder so far)
                Enes Taşkıran groving up every week
                Mert Çevik played some nice games
                Ogulcan Baykan made some flames
                Ege Arar is a huge disappointment so far.
                Obradovic and Perasovic doesn't trust youngters obviously. As a Fener fan I want Arna and Duran to go on loan just like Ugurlu next year at least.

Comment

Don’t really know where to write this down but they started knocking down Abdi Ipekci Arena... The end of one legendary indoor arena for Turkey’s basketball has come.
                  Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                  Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Originally posted by SaliH View Post
                    Don’t really know where to write this down but they started knocking down Abdi Ipekci Arena... The end of one legendary indoor arena for Turkey’s basketball has come.
                    I watched only a couple of games there, but it was a "monument", and it was cemented in our bball memories. Sad to see it go.

Comment

So, Fener won aganist Daçka, 49th consecutive win in home games at TBL, record improving. According to eurohoops, it is also the longest series in europe too.
                      Banvit defeting Tofaş with young guns (Tolga, Şehmuz, Rıdvan) combined 41 points, 13 asists is the cherry of the week. It makes it sweeter aganist Ene who is proclaiming himself to be developer of young players (but actually ofcourse not).

Comment

Regular season is over; playoff teams & relegated are decided.

rkg Team W L
                        1 Fenerbahce Dogus 27 3
                        2 Tofas 24 6
                        3 Anadolu Efes 22 8
                        4 Besiktas Sompo Japan 20 10
                        5 Banvit 18 12
                        6 Darussafaka Basketbol 18 12
                        7 Eskisehir Basket 16 14
                        8 Sakarya BSB. 14 16
                        9 Galatasaray Odeabank 13 17
                        10 Pinar Karsiyaka 12 18
                        11 Istanbul BSB. 11 19
                        12 DI Buyukcekmece 10 20
                        13 Trabzonspor 10 20
                        14 Gaziantep Basketbol 10 20
                        15 Yesilgiresun Bld. 9 21
                        16 Muratbey Usak 6 24
                        ps. links go to tblstat.net, for details of each team's stats.

Playoffs:

Fenerbahce - Sakarya
                        Tofas - Eskisehir
                        Efes - Darussafaka
                        Besiktas - Banvit
                        Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-13-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

first games:

Fenerbahce - Sakarya: 81-66

Tofas - Eskisehir: 85-58
                          Efes - Darussafaka: 78-69
                          Besiktas - Banvit: 77-79

(links to boxscores are from the tblstat.net)

I watched the Tofas-Eskisehir & Besiktas-Banvit games.

the first one was a disappointment, game was over in the first Q. and that's a wasted opportunity for Eskisehir who managed to avoid Fener by their last week win. was expecting a better display.

Besiktas-Banvit game was much better, went to the wire, Banvit managed to steal this one with the help and energy of 2 young players (97-born Oncel and 99-born Hazer). Congrats to Filiposvski & Banvit who actually make use of their great youth program.

Comment

rkg Team W L European Competitions
                            1 Fenerbahce Dogus 27 3 Euroleague, F4, 2nd, 25-11
                            2 Tofas 24 6 EuroCup, RS, 4-6
                            3 Anadolu Efes 22 8 Euroleague, RS, 7-23 (last)
                            4 Besiktas Sompo Japan 20 10 BCL, Top16, 10-5-1
                            5 Banvit 18 12 BCL, 1/4 final, 12-6
                            6 Darussafaka Basketbol 18 12 EuroCup, Champion, 19-3
                            7 Eskisehir Basket 16 14
                            8 Sakarya BSB. 14 16
                            9 Galatasaray Odeabank 13 17 EuroCup, Top16, 6-10
                            10 Pinar Karsiyaka 12 18 BCL, Top16, 12-6
                            11 Istanbul BSB. 11 19 FibaEurope Cup, 2nd rd, 10-6
                            12 DI Buyukcekmece 10 20 FibaEurope Cup, 2nd rd, 10-6
                            13 Trabzonspor 10 20 FibaEurope Cup, QR1, 1-1
                            14 Gaziantep Basketbol 10 20
                            15 Yesilgiresun Bld. 9 21
                            16 Muratbey Usak 6 24

Comment

Tofaş beats Efes with 91-63 on the first game of the semi-finals.

TOFAŞ: Morgan 11, Crocker 16, Mejia 12, Henry 8, Owens 2, Berkan Durmaz 4, Barış Ermiş 7, Yiğit Arslan 11, Efe Beşok, Mert Konuk, Kadji 11, Muhsin Yaşar 9

Anadolu Efes: Doğuş Balbay 6, Motum, Weems 12, Dunston 12, Simon 13, McCollum 3, Brown 10, Birkan Batuk, Arda Erdoğan, Onuralp Bitim, Berk Demir 4, Muhaymin Mustafa 3

Comment

semifinals:
                                > Fenerbahce - Banvit: 3-0
                                > Tofas - Efes: 3-1

the final; Fenerbahce - Tofas.

Tofas is in the finals first time after 18 years. They were a formidable team back then, with David Rivers, Rashard Griffith, Serkan Erdogan, Mehmet Okur, etc. They had won the league, and then strangely pulled out of the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information