Zalgiris Kaunas 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zalgiris Kaunas 2017-18

Any rumours about Žalgiris? Šaras is staying in Kaunas, they are looking forward to replace Motum, Seibutis, Lima, Javtokas (probobly with jungster like Birutis), maybe Westermann, because he attracted interest from Unicaja and Valencia. Richard Solomon and Aaron White are in site of Žalgiris, but they are not the first options. Lekavicius and Pangos will extend 99%. The team wants to replace Seibutis with more athletic guard, maybe even swingman (SG/SF). Grigonis might come to Žalgiris too, but he is not the first option too. Roster looks like that, with Pangos and Lekavičius (because they will stay):
    PG Pangos, Lekavičius,
    SG ----(PG/SG), Milaknis
    SF ----(SG/SF), Ulanovas
    PF Jankūnas, -----, Masiulis
    C -----, Kavaliauskas, Birutis

Žalgiris will get a huge buyout for Hartestein, from NBA team, that will be about 700k. Don't ask how, maybe he will pay a part by himself, because NBA can pay only 450k or something. Also, for Westermann we are getting 100k buyout (if he decides to part ways, but Šaras is staying and it gives hope). Maybe some new rumours or something?

I don't see Saras's decision to stay a good one. I don't think there will be better opportunities to take over Barca or MTA. Those teams had the worst seasons and a decent one in upcoming season would be a good one in comparison with the last. Also with Barca's money you can fight for f4, in Kaunas - to fight hard for play off and still in the end you will likely not make it, especially when mentioned Barca and MTA should be better in upcoming season. Personal reasons are decisive of course, just it would be more interesting to see Saras in some Barca than in Zalgiris where he could return in any moment after the last season.

Comment

You know, Šaras don't want to be responsible for player's he didn't pick. Barca ant MTA will not allow Šaras to pick players by his own. Every coach can win a title with a power house, but maybe Šaras wants to reach that with underdog like Žalgiris. Yeah, that's naive, but you have to have hope, because if you don't, there's no need to play ant compete. I heard a little rumour, that James Anderson is showing interest in returning to Žalgiris. That should give you a little hope for Žalgiris

Comment

Bring back home Grigonis. Under Šaras he would be really good most likely and he shouldn't be expensive ATM. They could use him both at 2 and 3. Than one really strong guard needed instead Leo and athletic center.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Bring back home Grigonis. Under Šaras he would be really good most likely and he shouldn't be expensive ATM. They could use him both at 2 and 3. Than one really strong guard needed instead Leo and athletic center.
          Whats up with these Grigonis talks. The guy has if Im not mistaken 3 years contract and is a future player. Why would tenerife let him go? We know that Zalgiris wont pay a buyout for him either so I see no real possibility to get thim this year.

Comment

zalgiris zu aaron white from zenit, useful addition, solid player

Comment

Is it a solid four? I mean, yeah, he can run, pass, dunk, but can he defend a players like Printezis, Melli or Shengelia? His shooting isn't so impressive, as it was with Motum. It would be great if his 3pt would upgrade a little bit. In VTB he was shooting 38%, that would be solid in EL. Motum was averaging 45%...

Comment

Grigonis may be added, but we are searching for stronger and more atchletic player. He will add only if we don not find anything to replace Westermann

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                  I don't see Saras's decision to stay a good one. I don't think there will be better opportunities to take over Barca or MTA. Those teams had the worst seasons and a decent one in upcoming season would be a good one in comparison with the last. Also with Barca's money you can fight for f4, in Kaunas - to fight hard for play off and still in the end you will likely not make it, especially when mentioned Barca and MTA should be better in upcoming season. Personal reasons are decisive of course, just it would be more interesting to see Saras in some Barca than in Zalgiris where he could return in any moment after the last season.
                  do you think Saras has a long-term plan about his coaching career? Maybe he did not want to go to Barca, MTA etc where there are always big expectations even if their current status is quite bad. Maybe he wants to improve/test himself further in a club where he is very familiar with and has a lot more credit and patience?
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                    do you think Saras has a long-term plan about his coaching career? Maybe he did not want to go to Barca, MTA etc where there are always big expectations even if their current status is quite bad. Maybe he wants to improve/test himself further in a club where he is very familiar with and has a lot more credit and patience?
                    We don't know his thoughts, that's right. I just said that it was a good opportunity to take over o big club (in both cases - good Saras's work in Zalgiris and the worst seasons in Barca and MTA), that may not happen in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
                      Is it a solid four? I mean, yeah, he can run, pass, dunk, but can he defend a players like Printezis, Melli or Shengelia? His shooting isn't so impressive, as it was with Motum. It would be great if his 3pt would upgrade a little bit. In VTB he was shooting 38%, that would be solid in EL. Motum was averaging 45%...
                      To be honest I cant imagine that his D would be worse than Motums. Dude looks like he is not affraid of contact.

Overall better rebounder, passer, quicker. Maybe worse shooter and finisher at the rim, but if Saras believes in him I have no reason to hate the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                        To be honest I cant imagine that his D would be worse than Motums. Dude looks like he is not affraid of contact.

Overall better rebounder, passer, quicker. Maybe worse shooter and finisher at the rim, but if Saras believes in him I have no reason to hate the guy.
                        His temper is a fighter, that's a BIG + for him. I believe, that he will develope his 3pt shot. At the end, we will have a walking highlight, that dunks everytime he sees the opportunity, that's allways fun

Comment

Sports.es (Barcelona newspaper) says Šaras is staying in Kaunas. Great news. We extended with Lekavičius and Pangos. Seibutis, Westermann(CSKA), Lima, Javtokas(retired) and Motum(rised his salary too much) are OUT. White is replacing Motum. We still need someone to replace Westermann, who was playing PG/SG/SF positions. He was our brain, like Šaras said. Hard to find something similar. Huertel would be something similar, but he is too expesnive and too arogant. Richard Solomon may replace Lima, but I can't see EL team, that has Kavaliauskas and Solomon as their only centers He is only a 10th option tho. Zach Auguste, Alex Tyus or even Patrick Young would be much better. This will be much more exiting season, because Šaras said that team is searching for more athletic players. You can see that in the first sign Aaron White and his leaping and dunking skills.

Comment

Sports.es could be basing that on 24sek.lt article. How would they have any clue what is happening here? Maybe Saras declined Barcas offer , but that doesnt mean he is staying.

Were did you find info that Lukas and Kevin have extended?

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
                              Sports.es (Barcelona newspaper) says Å aras is staying in Kaunas. Great news. We extended with Lekavičius and Pangos. Seibutis, Westermann(CSKA), Lima, Javtokas(retired) and Motum(rised his salary too much) are OUT. White is replacing Motum. We still need someone to replace Westermann, who was playing PG/SG/SF positions. He was our brain, like Å aras said. Hard to find something similar. Huertel would be something similar, but he is too expesnive and too arogant. Richard Solomon may replace Lima, but I can't see EL team, that has Kavaliauskas and Solomon as their only centers He is only a 10th option tho. Zach Auguste, Alex Tyus or even Patrick Young would be much better. This will be much more exiting season, because Å aras said that team is searching for more athletic players. You can see that in the first sign Aaron White and his leaping and dunking skills.
                              Tyus may demand around 700k,it will be expensive for us.I think Lasme can be very useful signing if he keep himself away from weed.He is very good player that can play both pf and c

In addition even tough he is not an athletic player ,Gasper Vidmar is pretty good defender He also has very good character.He has the size and toughness ,he is very good rim protector.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information