X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Forum: Some things that should be followed

Dear IBN members,

it was me who offered stuart the idea of video forum, so i'll try to describe my vision how it could be.

First of all, I think that there should not be many threads, each league/competition should have one thread (including preparation tournaments, friendlies before competition) with summarized first post (including link, type of downloading source, like HTTP / Torrent / eLink / Youtube)

i.e. thread name: "European championship"; or it may be "BBL" or "ACB"; etc

1st post:

FULL GAMES

EC 2007 Qualifier Group A

Team A vs. Team B (Torrent)
    Team X vs. Team Y (eLink)
    When posting a torrent it would be better to post a link to description page (especially in private trackers). You also should note if you can give any invites to the tracker (it's your decision if you give them to anyone or just quality members )

This way with summarized first post it'd be really easy to find what's needed.

Smaller clips should also go in these threads, same 1st post, just below FULL GAMES:

Smaller clips

EC 2007 Qualifier Group A

Team A vs. Team B (Torrent)

Player A dunk (Youtube)
    Player C block (HTTP)
    I also think that leagues with less clips (lets say some Austrian league's (no offense to them though ) videos) should be all in one stickied thread (that would be not to have so much threads)

I hope this doesn't sound too complicated and people will follow these things just to make things clear and clean. Thanks for readin, feel free to offer your ideas etc. I'm going to post teh starting thread of European Championships soon (as an example )

MOST IMPORTANT RULE: do not post links to BETTER BASKETBALL DVDs, it may bring lots of trouble to the forum, so the links would be deleted ASAP.

I have an observation to make. Should the post be updated or should new posts be added to a thread? I actually go for the second option, since if not the thread ends up becoming virtually dead and the users don't have a clue when it's updated, unless they check it on a regular basis. It would be more simple to keep adding posts, that way a user would always know the thread had new content.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
      I have an observation to make. Should the post be updated or should new posts be added to a thread? I actually go for the second option, since if not the thread ends up becoming virtually dead and the users don't have a clue when it's updated, unless they check it on a regular basis. It would be more simple to keep adding posts, that way a user would always know the thread had new content.
      Well I think that pretty much would be spam the thread. Like if during EC me alone would post 30-40 posts in a row that wouldn't be good, I think probably post 2nd time if there's big update (4-5 new games) -- just my thoughts, probably someone has better idea?

Comment

I still disagree (for the reasons previously mentioned) and I don't think it would be spam at all, spam is a different thing.
        But anyway, it seems no one else has a say about this, I guess I'll just have to follow what you have in mind.
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Im with rikhadur. the sense i got from him, is that all games, eg.92 olympics or ec will all be grouped together. i like it because then if you keep starting new threads, you have to keep going back for old ones, where if there all in one thread, its easier to find.
          i think it should get a whole section and two sub forums, videos and requests/wants.
          My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
          1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
          1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
          1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
          1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
          1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
          1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
          1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
            I still disagree (for the reasons previously mentioned) and I don't think it would be spam at all, spam is a different thing.
            But anyway, it seems no one else has a say about this, I guess I'll just have to follow what you have in mind.
            Only take my vote as one -- but I agree with Rikh on this one. The idea is for a video thread to make organization easier. And I think when there is a new video posted, users that are interested in that particular thread, should know that a new video has been posted. So when a new post is made, members are easily able to see that the thread has new posts.

So new posts = new videos (most of the time)

Stuart
            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Well, I'm OK with it then, as long as 1st post is updated and people don't need to cruise throuout whole thread Are others OK too?

Comment

Thats cool, as long its in sme thread for me. i know i wont be posting videos, but i love looking and watching them and from experience in other video threads, we should have 2 sub forums, videos and requests.

in short:i agree with what rikh and stuart say
                My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Oh well that is perfectly useful, I haven't tried to post video with in a forum.
                  Thanks for sharing that, really needs to follow that.
                  Learn how to increase vertical jump
                  Vertical Program
                  Jump higher basketball

Comment

i have a question ... if i want to post my youtube videos ( streetball videos ) where and what should i do it ???

Comment

Originally posted by alex123 View Post
                      i have a question ... if i want to post my youtube videos ( streetball videos ) where and what should i do it ???
                      Feel free to post them as you wish as there is no specific/relevant time or place associated with them I suppose.
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

aight thanks !!!

Comment

Is it OK to post links to classic NBA games here - like Jordan's debut?

Also, I have a stack of Jordan's videos (Come Fly with me, To the Max, etc.) - is it OK to post those here?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by marsm View Post
                            Is it OK to post links to classic NBA games here - like Jordan's debut?

Also, I have a stack of Jordan's videos (Come Fly with me, To the Max, etc.) - is it OK to post those here?

Cheers.
                            Yes, you can post those videos in the video section.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Hey, Rik (or if anyone else has a suggestion)
                              There's this guy, underPFC (link to his youtube channel), that has started uploading (full length) Partizan games on youtube...
                              There are over thirty uploaded basketball games so far, from different seasons and competitions. There are also some Partizan games in other sports.

Is there a point to create a "Partizan games on youtube thread" here (or in the Serbian section)?
                              Or should we add the posts with links to games in the existing threads?
                              "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information