Fenerbahçe Doguş 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    He would have had much more important role this year in Zvezda. With Wana, Sloukas, Dixon and Guler, he will have last years Melih role.
    Taking the minutes or given minutes ? Which one is better that is the point. If you want to be a top player, you should fight for the minutes among the big fishes. He is 22 and is not a baby anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cemalex View Post
      Taking the minutes or given minutes ? Which one is better that is the point. If you want to be a top player, you should fight for the minutes among the big fishes. He is 22 and is not a baby anymore.
      Like your home players are fighting in every club from Turkey?

It's very different if you come in a club like Fener like a star or as a young player. Guduric needs most of all playing time and patience. He won't get neither if Wana comes.
      Last edited by Killer Bob; 08-18-2017, 05:36 AM.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

Like your home players are fighting in every club from Turkey?

It's very different if you come in a club like Fener like a star or as a young player. Guduric needs most of all playing time and patience. He won't get neither if Wana comes.
        Well he is not a star yet... And how is it connected to Turkish players, you know about the quota?
        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
          Well he is not a star yet... And how is it connected to Turkish players, you know about the quota?
          Fener's only objective is a title. Obra's only objective is a title. On guard positions you have Sloukas, Dixon, Guler, Melih, Guduric, Nunnally and maybe Wana. Zvezda's objective is not a title and I know almost nobody who will play as guard. In which team will a young promising player, home or foreign, get more playing time and a patience from his coach?
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Fener's only objective is a title. Obra's only objective is a title. On guard positions you have Sloukas, Dixon, Guler, Melih, Guduric, Nunnally and maybe Wana. Zvezda's objective is not a title and I know almost nobody who will play as guard. In which team will a young promising player, home or foreign, get more playing time and a patience from his coach?
            So what should we do?

Just because of CZ doesn't sign any guard should Fenerbahçe not sign any guards?

If Guduric plays well enough he will play enough mins.
            IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
            Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
            Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
            Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
            Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

• Why is this stupid discussion even held. In the aspect of the team, it's always better to have more than less. If you have a team like Fener who can afford to have 10 backcourt players (all with some sizeable quality), then from the aspect of the team like Fener it makes sense to be deep and test more players for the future, as some get older and lose the role. You can't blame the team for wanting more. The issue with that backcourt is compatibility before all but having more players on the roster is not a bad thing.

From the perspective of a young player like Guduric, it's an absolute stupidity to go into a team with such crowded backcourt. So he is primarily to blame, since he signed that contract. I would've said the same thing if he went to Real or some other team with a similar situation. Of course, the decision was influenced by the team (Zvezda) since they wanted that buyout. Still Guduric made a terrible mistake by signing a 3+1 with a team that has basically a guillotine in terms of results on their priority list. This is of course not the smartest choice for a young player. If his Fener experiment fails, he will be a 25year old guy trying to remake himself somewhere else. Fener doesn't give a fuck, the money he is costing them per year is not a problem to let him go even without a buyout if they want to.

He probably had less than 1% chance of staying in Zvezda with that buyout offer, still there are many other places he could've gone and gotten a better chance. Zvezda would still get a buyout. All he needed to say, I won't go to Fener. He said he wants to go there and he is a fanatic that believes he will be the best and outwork everyone. His right to do so, but as history has thought us with Obradovic, there will come a time when he will regret this decision...

Comment

• Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
                So what should we do?

Just because of CZ doesn't sign any guard should Fenerbahçe not sign any guards?

If Guduric plays well enough he will play enough mins.
                It's not about you, I'm talking from Guduric's perspective.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

• This saga with Wanamaker takes too long, but I am sure with him(if he comes) we will be the first favorite for the title.
                  Without him we are maybe 3rd or 4th team but we will be in F4. We will need biiig luck to repeat last year performance.
                  Realistically, he doesn't have any option but Fener or Dacka anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                    Zvezda would still get a buyout. All he needed to say, I won't go to Fener. He said he wants to go there and he is a fanatic that believes he will be the best and outwork everyone. His right to do so, but as history has thought us with Obradovic, there will come a time when he will regret this decision...
                    Zvezda would still get a buyout, but nowhere near the 7 figure sum paid by Fener. As to regretting the decision, I like the way Zoc sucks out the last drop of energy from the players. He is a Make or Break guy. So if Guduric makes it, good for him and for us. If he ain't making it, he will be a spot in our long list of failed investments. Still it will be interesting watching Guduric trying to outwork Zoc.

Comment

• So, Wanamaker couldn't get a contract in USA and decided to stay in Daçka with hoping to get one in next summer. Obra does not want to give him an NBA out incase of agreeing with us. Very risky decision, he couldn't get a contract this summer why the hell he think he can have next summer?

Comment

• Originally posted by gockun View Post
                        So, Wanamaker couldn't get a contract in USA and decided to stay in Daçka with hoping to get one in next summer. Obra does not want to give him an NBA out incase of agreeing with us. Very risky decision, he couldn't get a contract this summer why the hell he think he can have next summer?
                        Because he will put up 20 a game in Eurocup and dominate in the TBL. Same reason why some players play in Italy or some weaker leagues. Nice padding of the stat sheet.

Comment

• So these are the guys we sent to NBA:

Bojan
                          Bjelica
                          Bogdan
                          Udoh

Except for Udoh, others have gone there on rich, multi-year contracts. Even Yurtseven made the jump from here lol.

Clearly we didn't give Wanamaker NBA out, or we gave it but we didn't give a "clear leader" role etc. He didn't believe he could compete with other players and shine, so chose a place where he could pad his stats as coach said. Plus I bet he has an NBA out next year.

Personally I have no problem with him not coming. I am sick of players with one foot on the door to go to NBA.
                          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

So these are the guys we sent to NBA:

Bojan
                            Bjelica
                            Bogdan
                            Udoh

Except for Udoh, others have gone there on rich, multi-year contracts. Even Yurtseven made the jump from here lol.

Clearly we didn't give Wanamaker NBA out, or we gave it but we didn't give a "clear leader" role etc. He didn't believe he could compete with other players and shine, so chose a place where he could pad his stats as coach said. Plus I bet he has an NBA out next year.

Personally I have no problem with him not coming. I am sick of players with one foot on the door to go to NBA.
                            To be realistic only Bogdan went for a rich contract per say. The others if you put their contracts into perspective and substract the taxes in USA (all contracts are gross amounts), most of those players could've made similar amounts in Europe. Most of them went for the NBA Challenge.

Regarding Wannamaker. If it was taking so long to find an agreement it's probably better he is not coming. Also there will be an NBA cut in the fall, where there will be another chance to add a guard if necessary. It's not the end of the world...

Comment

• I am not sure this is good for us nor Wanamaker. Stupid decision by both sides. Wanamaker will never get contract from Dacka like he could from Fener.
                              On the other side we are not favorite anymore and season is almost over for us(talking about title). We don't have pass first pg/real creator,Bogdan supplemented a lot and was at the end our the most creative guy.
                              Guduric will be good like he was in CZ and that's all. Nunnalli isn't creator nor penetrator. We should arm with nerves next season
                              I expected more from Dogus sponsorship.

Comment

Plus I bet he has an NBA out next year. Personally I have no problem with him not coming. I am sick of players with one foot on the door to go to NBA.
                                He is free-agent next year, so no need for NBA out. But the problem is, in many places a nuclear winter for NBA free agents has been pronounced. So the prediction is that next year will be tough for NBA free agents, much smaller contracts are expected. I am happy with our team. We can add someone midseason if necessary, as we did with Zizis.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information