TBL Playoffs 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    FINALS GAME 1 : FENERBAHCE 75 - 69 BJK (1-0)

Fenerbahçe: Ali Muhammed 16 pts - 2 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl, Bogdanovic 13 pts - 5 reb - 2 ast - 4 tov, Datome 5 reb - 1 ast - 1 tov, Udoh 13 pts - 7 reb - 1 ast - 1 stl - 3 blk, Vesely 10 pts - 8 reb - 5 ast - 1 stl - 3 tov - 2 blk, Kalinic 9 pts - 2 reb - 2 stl - 2 tov, Sloukas 11 pts - 2 reb - 4 ast - 1 tov, Mahmutoglu 3 pts - 2 reb - 1 tov, Egehan Arna

Beşiktaş Sompo Japan: Kenan Sipahi 11 pts - 3 ast - 1 stl - 2 tov, Roll 6 pts - 2 reb - 3 ast - 1 stl, Weems 5 pts - 5 reb - 2 stl, Strawberry 8 pts - 8 reb - 3 stl - 1 tov, Stimac 20 pts - 11 reb - 1 tov, Clark 17 pts - 8 reb - 1 ast - 2 stl - 2 tov - 1 blk, Thompson 1 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl - 1 tov, Erkan Veyseloglu 1 reb, Sertac Sanlı 2 pts - 1 reb - 1 tov - 1 blk
    At the beggining, I thoght that is an easy sweep to Fener.
    Now, it can go to 6 or 7 games
    2022/2023:
    PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
    SG: Baldwin, Hollins
    SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
    PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
    PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

I watched the game in Ulker Arena tonight. And I've to say that we played very very bad on offense, still we scored 75 points, this is our worst.

But today, what I felt from BJK that they've accepted the fact they are the underdogs and they are playing accordingly, they didn't even feel sorry after losing a close game like this at the end, this means there is no pressure on them and this is very dangerous because BJK Sompo Japan have a lot potential as well, they have a competitive coach who has become a Turkish league champion before and they have starters like Clark, Stimac, Strawberry, Roll these are easily Euroleague level players and they can play at any Euroleague team sans FB, CSKA, Madrid - and they have very good role players such as Sipahi, Sanli, Weems, Veyseloglu.

And they played almost perfect on defense tonight, I didn't expect such a good defense from BJK, it seems that beating Efes with 3-1 wasn't luck, they could even sweep them with 3-0. I had to give credit for Sarica, he is sometimes behaving like Ataman, but he sure knows how to compete as a basketball coach. And we're lucky that he is coaching our national team.
      Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-09-2017, 10:25 PM.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

It was such a nice game and could go either way, however Fener won at the end by the help of experience factor. I don't think we deserved the lost. I am content with the effort my team has showed. We got desired opportunity during the last quarter, unfortunately Clark couldn't make that relatively easy lay-up which ended up with Kalinic's three on the next position. That one was the most crucial moment of the game. It would be great if we got this game, but keep on trying. There is an inevitable fact that there is a fair bit of quality differences between two teams, at the end of the day, we have to make progress throughout the series, no the other way around. Thompson is definitely an unpredictable player bittersweetly, you can never guess which Thompson comes into his own, the one who can shoulder the offensive schemes or the one who screws up everything just like this evening. If we want to be competitive in this final series, we can start with tasks on how to improve the effect of Thompson during the game. If he could have showed some lethal performance today, we would have talked about another story right now. That’s exactly the main difference between two teams. Players in Fener’s system have luxury to make mistakes, as there are always be someone who can pick up after them, compensate their mistakes. We can't forespeak the same thing for Beşiktaş. Everyone needs to display their maximum potential, even if a piece in rotation hinders, the whole system collapses. We present ourselves when the appetence dimension of game appears, but need to put more basketball quality on display if we want to win.
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

FINALS GAME 2 : FENERBAHCE 83 - 74 BJK (2-0)

Fener : Duverioglu 4 pts, Hersek 1 ast, Ali Muhammed 5 pts - 1 ast - 2 tov, Vesely 16 pts - 4 reb - 1 ast, Udoh 7 pts - 10 reb - 2 ast - 2 stl - 1 tov, Bogdanovic 19 pts - 7 ast - 1 stl - 3 reb - 4 tov, Kalinic 15 pts - 6 reb - 3 ast - 2 stl, Sloukas 11 pts - 1 reb - 3 ast - 1 stl - 2 tov, Mahmutoglu 2 reb, Nunnally 6 pts - 2 ast

Bjk : Weems 5 pts - 2 reb - 3 ast - 1 stl, Veyseloglu 12 pts - 2 stl, Roll 16 pts - 5 reb - 4 ast - 2 tov, Stimac 15 pts - 11 reb - 3 tov, Thompson 1 ast - 2 stl, Strawberry 12 pts - 5 reb - 5 ast - 1 stl, Clark 4 pts - 6 reb - 3 ast, Sanli 2 pts - 2 reb, Sipahi 2 reb - 3 tov
          Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-17-2017, 07:37 AM.
          FENERBAHÇE
          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

I couldn't count how many open 3pt shots we missed today.

Sloukas and Datome showed very bad performance tonight.

I am sure that Obra isn't pleased with Sloukas' uncertainly performance last two years.

Comment

FINALS GAME 3 : BJK 80 - 86 FENERBAHCE (0-3)

Fener : Ali Muhammed 11 pts - 2 ast, Vesely 12 pts - 8 reb - 2 ast - 2 blk, Udoh 11 pts - 12 reb - 4 ast, Bogdanovic 23 pts - 8 reb - 3 ast, Datome 6 reb, Kalinic 5 pts - 6 reb - 6 ast, Datome 3 pts - 1 ast, Mahmutoglu 12 pts, Sloukas 7 pts - 3 ast, Duverioglu 2 pts

Bjk : Stimac 13 pts - 9 reb, Roll 11 pts - 3 ast, Strawberry 22 pts - 2 ast, Weems 10 pts - 3 ast - 3 stl, Veyseloglu 8 pts - 4 reb, Sipahi 10 pts - 4 reb - 1 stl, Clark 2 pts - 4 reb - 1 ast, Thompson 2 pts
              Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-15-2017, 05:50 AM.
              FENERBAHÇE

Comment

What a miserable game. Not because of the basketball quality or the fact we lost the game and on the verge of being swept out. It is all about the attitude of our fans. They simply screw over the hard efforts of our players and coach Sarıca. These so-called Beşiktaş fans don't deserve anything good. We really need to take actions to put an end to violence in sport halls. It is really frustrating to see all these meaningless hatred towards the opponents as they just played their natural game fairly without running wild. Congratulations to our players, they have done great job against Fener even though we couldn't have passed the efforts on the result yet. Also, congratulations to Fenerbahçe, unrivalled team in Turkey, there is nothing you can do.
                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                    What a miserable game. Not because of the basketball quality or the fact we lost the game and on the verge of being swept out. It is all about the attitude of our fans. They simply screw over the hard efforts of our players and coach Sarıca. These so-called Beşiktaş fans don't deserve anything good. We really need to take actions to put an end to violence in sport halls. It is really frustrating to see all these meaningless hatred towards the opponents as they just played their natural game fairly without running wild. Congratulations to our players, they have done great job against Fener even though we couldn't have passed the efforts on the result yet. Also, congratulations to Fenerbahçe, unrivalled team in Turkey, there is nothing you can do.
                    I know you are a dedicated fan of BJK, and thank you for this sane approach. The events yesterday is actually one main reason why many Efes fans do not like the idea of merging with BJK, even if it would seem logical on the surface. BJK fans are capable of amazing shows (I loved the Bosphorus parade this year, do you have a video of it?), but they also may act uncontrollably. I remember years ago some fans were putting their dicks out on a women's league game. Moreover, BJK/Fener/GS are too big fan bases, they will swallow clubs like Efes, deleting it completely in a few years.

Anyway, since EL playoffs, Fener is a massive steam-roller. No way to stop them. not even by Besiktas players' gallant efforts.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      I know you are a dedicated fan of BJK, and thank you for this sane approach. The events yesterday is actually one main reason why many Efes fans do not like the idea of merging with BJK, even if it would seem logical on the surface. BJK fans are capable of amazing shows (I loved the Bosphorus parade this year, do you have a video of it?), but they also may act uncontrollably. I remember years ago some fans were putting their dicks out on a women's league game. Moreover, BJK/Fener/GS are too big fan bases, they will swallow clubs like Efes, deleting it completely in a few years.

Anyway, since EL playoffs, Fener is a massive steam-roller. No way to stop them. not even by Besiktas players' gallant efforts.
                      Merging with Efes is something that I don't approve as well. The two clubs have different dynamics, can't coalesce in one pot. All these rumors are just coming from delusional minds, everyone who is following Turkish basketball knows that the merging project will never be actualized. We already have enough number of teams who tend to import success instead utilizing their own dynamics upon building long-term, well based projects. Efes is one of the few basketball teams when the basketball terms matter, if they shut their operations down one day, I sense a huge crisis in Turkish basketball. They of course have a lot of problems especially related with administration, however, on no account, they have been adding value to country basketball for years. The Big Three is not doing anything so as to being competitive in future, they are just living the moment. I haven't heard any acceptable projects from these three teams so far. Fener has a great budget, at least can budget handsome proportion of money from yearly budget to found a basketball academy to boost youth Turkish basketball players to carry them into future. You see they don't invest in future when Efes does and people who became basketball fans all of a sudden want Beşiktaş Efes merging. Yeah, all we need another basketball team under the thumb of foreign holders. Turkish Basketball at its best.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

End of the game was like a scene from the third class American movie. Wasn't this kind of a comeback would be regarded as a annoying cliche if we would have watched all these things happened in last two minutes in the cinema? Anyway, congratulations guys.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Any site with statistics for the 4rth game?
                          Thanks!

Comment

FINALS GAME 4 : BJK 94 - 98 FENERBAHCE (0-4)

Bjk : Sipahi 22 pts - 3 reb - 5 ast - 2 stl, Roll 15 pts - 6 ast - 2 reb, Strawberry 20 pts - 4 reb - 4 ast, Clark 7 pts - 5 reb - 2 blk, Weems 8 pts - 3 ast - 3 stl, Stimac 13 pts - 8 reb - 1 stl, Sanli 4 pts - 2 reb - 1 blk, Veyseloglu 3 pts - 3 reb - 1 ast - 1 stl

Fener : Vesely 26 pts - 11 reb - 2 blk - 1 stl, Udoh 12 pts - 3 reb - 2 ast - 5 blk, Ali Muhammed 14 pts - 4 reb - 1 ast - 3 stl, Bogdanovic 23 pts - 3 reb - 9 ast - 2 blk - 1 stl, Mahmutoglu 2 pts - 1 reb, Kalinic 7 pts - 3 reb - 1 ast, Sloukas 2 pts - 3 reb - 4 ast - 1 stl, Egehan 2 pts - 1 stl, Datome 4 pts - 3 stl, Duverioglu 6 pts - 3 reb, Berk 1 reb

Turkish finals MVP : Bogdan Bogdanovic

19.5 pts - 5.25 ast - 4.75 reb

Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-17-2017, 07:39 AM.
                            FENERBAHÇE

Comment

FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Congrats to Fener fans, this has been possibly the most dominant closing of the season by any team I could remember.
                                The only sad thing is that the celebrations had to be done in an empty area.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information