X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• predictions for olympics and pre olypics qualifying tournament

Olympics : *Host-China
    *WBC champion : Spain
    *Asia :Iran !! (they are gonna be trashed , took full advantage of ali mahmoud,s injury and lebanon,s bad game and theres no way they will lose by less than 50 each game !!)
    *Africa :Angola
    *Americas:USA and Argentine
    +Europe:Greece and France
    *Oceania:Australia

Pre Olympics : *Asia:Lebanon and S.Korea
    *Africa:Egypt and Nigeria
    *Americas:Brazil,Puerto Rico and Venezula
    *Europe:Lithuania,Germany,Turkey,Serbia
    *Oceania:New zealand

three teams from this tournament will play at the olympics...the 3 teams in my opinion will be Lithuania,Tukey and Serbia......Lebanon in my opinion can beat venezuala as they beat them twice last year in less than a week and this team will be even weaker since they are rebuilding with younger players...i think we can beat south korea as we beat them last week and new zealand(they are maybe the worst team here(watched their game a few days ago against china who were without Yao Ming and lost by 30 pts...i think we can also play more close games wid Nigeria and Egypt but other than these i dt think leb can beat any1 else or qualify to the olympics.....Hopefully we can get the lebanese/brazilian center who was supposed to play in asia this year if politics were nt involved nd we wldve won it for sure had he played since we had weakness under the basket especially against Iran , where the coach doesnt like to put the largest lineup on the court...and we can get the talented plays from the U19 like rodrigue akl and the tall players like tarek hauchar(208)...and leb can use this mostly for experience and building for the future

Anyway who do u think will be the teams at the olympics and pre olympics and who do u think will be the 3 teams who will top the pre olympics and qualify to the olympics ?

hard competition but we should try and essay maybe the luck will be with us.
    We haven't anything to loose,we should prepare well even our chances are too low but this is a good experience for our players.

I think Lithuania canada and maybe Lebanon why not ?? everything can happen in basketball.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
      I think Lithuania canada and maybe Lebanon why not ?? everything can happen in basketball.
      Lithuania and Canada aren't higher than france so maybe we repeat what we did in WCC 2006
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

its a bit to early to tell especially in South America and Europe we don't know yet on which team will not get through on their sub qualifier zones but if Lithuania and France don't do well in Eurobasket they are the hot favorites I'm not counting out Lebanon and South Korea they'll give some surprises in the pre olympic tournament as long as Khatib and Ha will give their best By the way how many remainng slots will be given in pre olympic tourney
        PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

for the Olympics if the US team will include Lebron James, Jason Kidd and Michael Redd and Tim Duncan they can reclaim their supremacy in the sport but they'll have to surpass Greece, Argentina and Spain. For China eventhough they have the homecourt advantage the highest attainable place can they achieve is 7th place they'll be lucky if they'll be in quarterfinal stage same goes to IRAN

Comment

Originally posted by rycorpz
            By the way how many remainng slots will be given in pre olympic tourney
            3 teams
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
              3 teams
              Dude I think Lebanon has a chance to snatch 3rd place in the pre olympic tourney

Comment

Dude I think Lebanon has a chance to snatch 3rd place in the pre olympic tourney
                My lebanese friends This is only my suggestion If I were the Lebanese Basketball President your Senior team must give priority to prepare for Pre Olympic tourney and for the Pan arab games let your under 22 team or 18 under team handle it. It might be very beneficiary to gain experience of your future stars in your Senior NT

Comment

My lebanese friends This is only my suggestion If I were the Lebanese Basketball President your Senior team must give priority to prepare for Pre Olympic tourney and for the Pan arab games let your under 22 team or 18 under team handle it. It might be very beneficiary to gain experience of your future stars in your Senior NT
                  You're right man.
                  I hope our Basketball federation,our players take it seriously even our chances isn't too high .
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

where are the preolympic games? i hope in lebanon (i joke)
                    liban a la vie a la mort
                    lebanon for the end
                    lebnen lal mawt

Comment

Originally posted by thelebanon
                      where are the preolympic games? i hope in lebanon (i joke)
                      Yeah, it will be near Nahr l bared camp in tripoli
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

for the Olympics if the US team will include Lebron James, Jason Kidd and Michael Redd and Tim Duncan they can reclaim their supremacy in the sport but they'll have to surpass Greece, Argentina and Spain. For China eventhough they have the homecourt advantage the highest attainable place can they achieve is 7th place they'll be lucky if they'll be in quarterfinal stage same goes to IRAN
                        I think that the US is really very serious about this coming olympics. I read that jason kidd will be playing, and with kobe, lebron and wade, they'll be tough to crack. they got some bigs as well. I've got a feeling that they'll win the olympics next year.

about the the wildcards for the olympics, I think lebanon really has tough opponents. almost all of those teams are all bigger than lebanon, in terms of players size I mean. but agree, lebanon must go to the tournament with the aim of winning. as we say here in RP, "bilog ang bola" (the ball is round), anything can happen in a basketball game....

Comment

Originally posted by budz17
                          I think that the US is really very serious about this coming olympics. I read that jason kidd will be playing, and with kobe, lebron and wade, they'll be tough to crack. they got some bigs as well. I've got a feeling that they'll win the olympics next year.

about the the wildcards for the olympics, I think lebanon really has tough opponents. almost all of those teams are all bigger than lebanon, in terms of players size I mean. but agree, lebanon must go to the tournament with the aim of winning. as we say here in RP, "bilog ang bola" (the ball is round), anything can happen in a basketball game....
                          I would like to see USA win the olympics ball again...
                          NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

World Olympic Qualifying Tournament July 7-13, 2008 TBD (Brazil or Croatia probably host)

Basketball at the 2008 Summer Olympics will be held from August 9 to August 24, 2008.

A
                            EUR1 (Russia/Lithuania/Greece)
                            AME3 Canada
                            ASI1 Lebanon

B
                            EUR2 (Croatia or Germany)
                            AME2 Puerto rico
                            ASI2 Korea

C
                            EUR3 (Croatia or Germany)
                            AME1 Brazil
                            AFR1 Cameroon

D
                            EUR4 (Slovenia/France)
                            OCE New Zealand
                            AFR2 Cape Verde

1/4
                            Russia/Lithuania/Greece - Puerto rico
                            Croatia or Germany - Canada (or Lebanon)
                            Croatia or Germany - New Zealand
                            Slovenia/France - Brazil

Comment

Puerto Rico is AME1, because we win the bronze medal in the preolympic!
                              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information