Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Basketball Pictures/Photos (Past and Present)

OK, here's one from Sports Life magazine, Nov. 15, 1995. After scoring his 10,000th point in the PBA, game ball is awarded to Allan Caidic by non-other than Earvin Magic Johnson. Magic was in the country to play an exhibition game between his team and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's team.

Skywalker Samboy Lim skywalks into Manny Victorino. Sports Weekly Magazine Aug. 24-31, 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat
    This was when the 1998 Centennial team toured for a set of exhibition games against US NCAA Division I teams. There was one incident, a brawl that involved Andy Seigle. I just forgot which team they faced when the brawl happened.

That would be University of Minnesota and the player that Andy Siegle had a fight with was Joel Pryzbilla 7'1 Center now plays with the Portland Trailblazers.

Quote Originally Posted by donlyn
    That would be University of Minnesota and the player that Andy Siegle had a fight with was Joel Pryzbilla 7'1 Center now plays with the Portland Trailblazers.
    No, it was actually Miles Tarver. I have it on video which I have yet to post on YouTube. Here are some pics and articles.

hey dude... post the video on youtube so we can watch the fight.
    CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

that brawl give some former gophers karma. their star player that time quincy lewis couldn't land team in the NBA.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Default ARTHUR HERRERA 1975 pba/micaa star

hey do u have pictures or videos of sharp shooter arthur herrera? this is his son. hes been askin me if anyone has pics of him...he wanted to show me and the rest of the family and friends...thank you

he played for great taste/concepcion industries etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mherrera17
    hey do u have pictures or videos of sharp shooter arthur herrera? this is his son. hes been askin me if anyone has pics of him...he wanted to show me and the rest of the family and friends...thank you

he played for great taste/concepcion industries etc.
    I do remember him in some old box scores but pictures of games then are not as many taken these days. Anyway I'll try to look in archives of old newspapers and magazines in our school library.

Got this from MyPBA.com:

Art Herrera - This would be Arthur Herrera. Great shooter for Concepcion Industries. Played for Presto in the PBA. He played for Seven-Up in the MICAA though.
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iation_players

Art Herrera
    Forward
    5'11"
    178 lbs
    University of the East
    Last edited by nardy; 11-12-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Default Arthur Herrera

yea we saw that and another site before had pics of him but now they deleted it. my dad is asking where are u from?

Default Battle Of The Giants

Bonel Balingit and E.J. Feihl

Nice old school pics...

and we need more old school pics!

Default Darius Rice

Here is one of my college pictures from the University Of Miami (2001). Former Purefoods import Darius Rice was one of my neighbors. Thats me to the far right. During my last year James Jones and Darius Rice were our star players.

nice posts jamez, i hope you dont mind if i posted this and a couple of others to the mypba forums..they were credited to you of course

comment on this pic:

this was the 1990 all filipino conference finals series won by presto.

during the conference elims, caidic broke his left hand, his shooting hand, but still managed to score almost 30 ppg and led the tivolis to the AFC title, the series went seven games, but presto routed the TJ hotdogs in game 7 by at least 19 points.

this was also the conference before the 1990 Asian Games, the milestone event where the very first all-pro pinoy team competed...

do you have copies of sports weekly mags during that asian games? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesz
    Last edited by RetiredJordanStopper; 11-13-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

I think this is not a school game...Mon Fernandez graduated from Univ. of San Carlos in Cebu.
    SMART GILAS: all the way

No, it was actually Miles Tarver. I have it on video which I have yet to post on YouTube.
    any updates on the video upload dude?

i'd love to see Andy Seigle in action!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bolabasket
    I think this is not a school game...Mon Fernandez graduated from Univ. of San Carlos in Cebu.
    The group picture was actually from a reunion game between Ateneo and La Salle. Ramon Fernandez, at that time still an active PBA player, was allowed to suit up for the Green Archers because he spent a semester with them.

Quote Originally Posted by marlon22701
    any updates on the video upload dude?

i'd love to see Andy Seigle in action!
    I promise I will! It's on the same VHS as the Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Centennial Team game. I recorded the fight from an ESPN news broadcast from my friends VCR and it came out in black and white. When I do this I may start another thread so everyone will be notified. I'm just dreading the VHS to DVD to YouTube transfer. Maybe it's not so bad and I'm just being lazy.

Thumbs down ngiih!

Hey I like this thread. I've got lots of early 90s Sports magazines. I'll start scanning soon. But first enjoy this pic I've posted before.

http://archive.columbiatribune.com/1...1110spor06.htm

Missouri's freshman Keyon Dooling (New Jersey Nets) posterizing Alvin Patrimonio. November 9, 1998

[English or provide translation] YOURE TOO SMALL TO PLAY FORWARD IN INTERNATIONAL ARENA. YOURE A PATHETIC SITE TO SEE.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 11-15-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast