Page 660 of 660 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660
Results 13,181 to 13,194 of 13194

Thread: FIBA Asia Pacific World Cup Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Well if he is not that quick then fine. But there are slow type of tall SFs like Ingram and that former Spurs guy. They use their size and length to score and defend but not necessarily their explosiveness or speed.

For me Edus physical measurements are below average for a 4 in the NBA. I think he is just around 7' wingspan. PFs usually have around 7'2 wingspan.

If he gains weight, his speed and vertical might decrease somewhat. He will be more effective offensively but his D might suffer a bit. But if he improves his O it might compensate. Weight gain or not there are risks.
    basis please
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    basis please
    7'0 wingspan. His shotblocking is mainly due to his timing and good laterals. He is not extremely explosive or long. At least in the US.

https://eurospects.com/?page_id=10497

https://eurospects.com/?p=11269

https://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/...pinas-in-2023/

at least the statement is more of an article statement than official one..it might be at least seven feet or close to it, we never know.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

7'0 wingspan. His shotblocking is mainly due to his timing and good laterals. He is not extremely explosive or long. At least in the US.

https://eurospects.com/?page_id=10497

https://eurospects.com/?p=11269

https://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/...pinas-in-2023/
    The Deng Camp was in 2017, we don't know if this is still accurate or not.Considering he has a fairly average wingspan, this does not speak about what position he has to play.Remember even Blake Griffin has a relatively short wingspan.Most NBA "white" centers have 7 foot wingspan (Olynik has 6'10 wingspan but his actual height is measured at 7 feet) as well, at least Edu has an average wingspan (considering his height).

Last edited by Alex07; 03-25-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

about other prospects.. seems bobby parks metabolism is slowing down as he started to get baby fats..but if he can somehow convert it to muscle without dust then he is a shoo in senior team and with how badly beat up alab team as a whole, it was surprising to see him not injured..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    about other prospects.. seems bobby parks metabolism is slowing down as he started to get baby fats..but if he can somehow convert it to muscle without dust then he is a shoo in senior team and with how badly beat up alab team as a whole, it was surprising to see him not injured..
    Perhaps because ray-ray got sidelined for a while. But the good news is he's been getting consistent from beyond the arc and been nailing clutch threes now. That's big because, from what I see, that was one of the little weaknesses in his game that has kept gilas coaches from including him in lineup. Why did we even have to choose Pringle over stanhardinger for the naturalized spot when Ray parks can play as a local

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Perhaps because ray-ray got sidelined for a while. But the good news is he's been getting consistent from beyond the arc and been nailing clutch threes now. That's big because, from what I see, that was one of the little weaknesses in his game that has kept gilas coaches from including him in lineup. Why did we even have to choose Pringle over stanhardinger for the naturalized spot when Ray parks can play as a local
    Agree with this.

And nice to know that Parks has been shooting well from beyond the arc as of late. While I don't expect Parks to shoot from the arc as good as a Paul Lee or a Marcio Lassiter, hitting those 3's from time to time will really make him a solid offensive player. I like Parks slashing ability & aggressiveness in running the break. Though sometimes he has the tendency to become passive. The good thing about Parks is that he is a good size shooting guard/off-guard with good ball handling & defensive skills. Having Parks in the National team improves our National team's size at the backcourt. It has always been my dream to have 6-foot-3/6-foot-4 shooting guards in the National team.

I think think the next "tall" (by Philippine basketball standards) shooting guard to play for the senior's team in the future could be Dave Ildefonso.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

he was never really sidelined that long and he already playing nons top because he make papawis in mpbl... no real off season or high level training for him (which will happen in pba when there is no off season)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Agree with this.

And nice to know that Parks has been shooting well from beyond the arc as of late. While I don't expect Parks to shoot from the arc as good as a Paul Lee or a Marcio Lassiter, hitting those 3's from time to time will really make him a solid offensive player. I like Parks slashing ability & aggressiveness in running the break. Though sometimes he has the tendency to become passive. The good thing about Parks is that he is a good size shooting guard/off-guard with good ball handling & defensive skills. Having Parks in the National team improves our National team's size at the backcourt. It has always been my dream to have 6-foot-3/6-foot-4 shooting guards in the National team.

I think think the next "tall" (by Philippine basketball standards) shooting guard to play for the senior's team in the future could be Dave Ildefonso.
    I like Dave ildefonso too, he's got guard skills yet is also strong like his dad. That's is why he had little trouble transitioning to college basketball. How about the kid CJ Cansino? He was a triple double machine for UST and also had a good rookie college season

I like Dave ildefonso too, he's got guard skills yet is also strong like his dad. That's is why he had little trouble transitioning to college basketball. How about the kid CJ Cansino? He was a triple double machine for UST and also had a good rookie college season
    cansino needs to develop his shooting at least to the level of fonacier.. he’ll be hard to guard if he develops that..

Cansino also has good potential. Too bad he suffered an ACL injury. I hope he recovers well from that injury & his development wouldn't be hampered by that injury.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

There is one pet peeve I have on Dave that I saw in the u19. He rarely drives strong to the basket. When he drives he stops fakes and pivots instead of taking it hard to the basket. Hopefully he is polishing that part of his game. Or maybe he is scared with the physicality of our local game that he might get injured ny doing that.

There is one pet peeve I have on Dave that I saw in the u19. He rarely drives strong to the basket. When he drives he stops fakes and pivots instead of taking it hard to the basket. Hopefully he is polishing that part of his game. Or maybe he is scared with the physicality of our local game that he might get injured ny doing that.
    he will be doing that the rest if his life..he will not slsh to the hoop.. he will post up.. I am the only one seeing. ranidel in him

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    he will be doing that the rest if his life..he will not slsh to the hoop.. he will post up.. I am the only one seeing. ranidel in him
    Can't believe this actually had me rewatching some of the games LOL. While there were occasions he would stop and pivot, I saw him drove straight into the basket more often. Kid is smart he'd post up when that's to his advantage, drive when guarded by bigger players

Page 660 of 660 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660