Page 579 of 588 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 11743

Thread: FIBA Asia Pacific World Cup Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by donlyn View Post
    Tab made Calvin play the way he is supposed to, He had a few games that he was really instrumental to get us to the Finals last 2015 Fiba asia. Thats why i really dont know why he was cut for Ryan Reyes or Even Ray parks.
    I don't see any player who been part of the Nat'l team as passionate as him (Abueva)!!! In his debut in 2015, He make his doubters wrong and become one of assets in our Nat'l team (Although credit to Tab that make Calvin effective in FIBA), In 2016, even he has Injury at that time, he never stops practicing to be part of our Nat'l team... did you imagine after back to back finals loss of Alaska, he never hesitate to be part of team.. No "PAGOD" for him (Hello LA).. he never stops learning of system that Tab wants.. When he cut on the final 12, He even cried after of non-Inclusion.. That's the way we need to see in our future generations of our Nat'l team, Country above else, I don't see this in other players especially in the SMC camp.. not even Junmar, Japeth and others do this if they not Included, But he still there and support our Nat'l team and even watch the games live to support his teammates.. In 2017 until the Brawl, He always ready when his name called, Even he has problem with his family, whenever what happens, He still there to represent, even he has cough (Hello Marcio), even also he suspend by the Alaska management, He always present to represent us.. He sacrificed himself to become a bad guy to fight against the bullies (China & Australia) and also sacrifice for the team.. So that it's unfair for him that he will judged him and never to be part of our Gilas again!! He deserves a comeback, He deserves a farewell inclusion on our National team even in non-FIBA tournaments!!! and I will be one of them that excites a lot if he makes a comeback.. Yes he make a mistake and a bad influence for our team in the past that cause suspension of some of our players and heavy penalty fine!! But he deserves a respect to us, pointing to our new generation players that if called to serve the country then go for it, No hesitation..

isn't he suspended for the rest of the windows
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean by this?
    tanking

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    so jordan can still be a the best 4th place team at 6 wins if we also have 6 wins..because again if no matter wht happens to china jordan is in consideration as 4th best place team..

buti nga sila sure 4th placer yun jordan at leabnon sa atin yikes hahah
    Yeah!! because they have high point differential... our hope is Japan lose even 1 game (possibly vs Iran) and sweep 2 road game, very tough but doable!! But if Japan wins both games.. We need to pray that we have a high record over between Jordan or Lebanon, whoever which of them will become 4th placer.. We will doomed if Japan, Lebanon and Jordan will win their last 2 straight games... Unless we defeat Qatar and Kazakhstan by the total margin lead of 123 points (If Lebanon will be the 4th placer due having +101 point quotient)...

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    isn't he suspended for the rest of the windows
    Yeah!!! 6 games suspension.. so he will be out until final game of qualifiers...

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    If China stays at top 3 or 4, Jordan is out. Again, if Jordan qualifies, 5 teams from group e will qualify including China and that’s glaring disparity. There games would be senseless if fiba allows that. Would fiba allow that?
    Read the link. This what I've been saying about our qualification.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...dow-to-qualify

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Warriors have 4 players that has clear advantage 1-on-1 by they opted to do crisp passes.
    But did you see how long sometimes Curry dribbles the ball or how KD post up or take the ball on the top of the key. They do have alot of weakside screens or movement which we do lock sometimes. But the one on one moves of Curry and KD creates double team coverage which leaves their other teammates open. Similar thing that the Rockets do with its iso with Harden or CP3.

for me, it does not matter who will end up 4th. In this 6th window, Gilas should show urgency and fierceness that can't be matched. Also, they should not let up even if they are ahead by one hundred, this is because they need to train to be dominating and has the mentality to oppress, demoralize and trample the opponent. Masyado kasi tayong complacent at kind hearted eh. If we see that the game is our of reach we tend to let go na. Even if there is still 5 minutes of game time left. If we want to let go, be ahead by at least 30 pts., and be relaxed in the last 10 seconds of the game. Yan siguradong IMPOSIBLENG abutan pa tayo.

Go Gilas!

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Actually put only Blatche and Romeo for the last window and they are now good to go!!! Chemistry wise (Blatche, Romeo, Castro, Aguilar, Fajardo, Rosario, Wright, Norwood) are already there.. That core can beat Qatar and Kazakhstan conveniently!! Add only Thompson (as 3rd PG), Lassiter (main gunner), Erram (Back Up at 4 spot) and Lee (Insurance scorer also).. Then we have atleast 90% to make it in the World Cup next year!!! I don't see he will consult to Tab due to his pride and ego... So that this is the other option.. put back the core who has experience already especially under Tab then we will expect better results!!!
    As I said, SBP will have to choose either to have CYG without Blatche/Romeo or Blatche/Romeo with CYG.....putting CYG and Blatche/Romeo will not be good for the chemistry to the team......it will make the team worse.

If I read it right, we need 2 wins and hope Jordan, Lebanon, and Japan will lose one each of their last two games.

Our team is in disarray with Yeng at the helm after the brawl.
    What is the likelihood that Gilas will lose 2 games in our opponents' home court and with CYG as the coach...duh

What is the likelihood that Jordan/Lebanon or Japan will at least win one game?

I check the remaining schedules of the fiba world cup qualifiers of the teams that still hunt for the remaining spots for the world.. And i notice that we are the easiest schedule in terms of rankings and strenghts of .500 of the teams that they will play for..

We look at the schedules of teams that on still hunt for remaining spots in the world cup..

Iran - they have Japan and Australia
    Japan - they have Iran and Qatar
    Kazakhstan - they have Australia and Philippines
    Lebanon - they have New Zealand and Korea
    Jordan - they have China and New Zealand
    Philippines - they have Qatar and Kazakhstan

So it is easy that we have they easiest schedule rather than the other teams that still on hunt.. except us, the other teams they will still face teams that ahead of them in terms fiba rankings and records have .500 and above in their standings or ahead of them in terms also in standings.. we have the highest chance to make it in the world cup if we based on these statistics but as we said bilog ang bola, but we are not fools, i think other teams right now telling on their minds "sana sa atin nalang ung schedule natin".. also one commonly says "isusubo nalang, papakawalan pa"!!
    I couldn't agree with you more. Very good points bro.

I'm confident we will sweep our games in the 6th window. I'm confident Kazakhstan can't beat us twice in a row. I don't believe Kazakhstan is that good. Its just that we sucked in the entire 5th window & Kazakhstan just played its best game ever. Still we can't take Kazakhstan & Qatar lightly, specially Kazakhstan. I believe that if Gilas & coach Yeng do things right, we will make it to the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

Beat Qatar & Kazakhstan in the 6th window & we would be in a very good position of making it to the world stage once again.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree a Blatche and Romeo will make a big impact. A fat Blatche is still a skilled former NBA player, and Romeo despite of not being a good defensive player, he is still a very good scorer. But to be honest, Abueva fantards are being noisy again but no more Abueva please. He already has allot of Fiba games and given a chance but his style and skill is not really suited for FIBA basketball. He does more harm than good to our team.
    What about the Calvin Abueva version of the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship where we finished 2nd behind China? I think Abueva was among the key components of Gilas in that tournament along with Blatche, Castro & Romeo.

One can't just simply ignore, marginalize or underestimate Abueva's value to the National team
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

so jordan can still be a the best 4th place team at 6 wins if we also have 6 wins..because again if no matter wht happens to china jordan is in consideration as 4th best place team..

buti nga sila sure 4th placer yun jordan at leabnon sa atin yikes hahah
    You envy Jordan or Lebanon? Eh tingnan mo nalang mga makakalaban nila in the 6th window: Jordan has to deal with China & New Zealand. Lebanon on the other hand has to face New Zealand & Korea.

Gilas on the other hand will face Qatar & Kazakhstan.

Well, I know you're just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    You envy Jordan or Lebanon? Eh tingnan mo nalang mga makakalaban nila in the 6th window: Jordan has to deal with China & New Zealand. Lebanon on the other hand has to face New Zealand & Korea.

Lol...but we arent so sure what will be the thinking of china korea and new zealand now that they are qualified and not playing at home..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Lol...but we arent so sure what will be the thinking of china korea and new zealand now that they are qualified and not playing at home..
    China will start preparing for the world cup as they already given enough opportunity for their young players

Kiwis? As analyzed mentioned some post here that tall blacks might send their u19 squad..

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post

With the way Gilas or is it Team Pilipinas now? Played these teams the last time around, yeah the jokes on us.

I hope we get those 2 wins even if we do not qualify just to show that we are still above them. I also hope we win convincingly.

Actually I am looking forward now to the cadets with with 3-6 PBA players.

Yeah!! because they have high point differential... our hope is Japan lose even 1 game (possibly vs Iran) and sweep 2 road game, very tough but doable!! But if Japan wins both games.. We need to pray that we have a high record over between Jordan or Lebanon, whoever which of them will become 4th placer.. We will doomed if Japan, Lebanon and Jordan will win their last 2 straight games... Unless we defeat Qatar and Kazakhstan by the total margin lead of 123 points (If Lebanon will be the 4th placer due having +101 point quotient)...
    Practically & realistically speaking, that is where our chances would depend: If we beat Qatar & Kazakhstan in the 6th window, we also have to pray that Jordan loses at least one of its games vs. China & New Zealand (both of course are pretty tough games).

With these scenarios, Jordan ends up with a 6-6 win-loss record & would probably finish 5th in Group E. Gilas on the other hand would finish with a 7-5 record & would probably ends up 4th in Group F. So Gilas will take the last spot among the qualified teams to the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

My take is Jordan would lose at least 1 of their games in the 6th window. Jordan might even lose both games.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Familarity does not just refer to players and coaches who've worked together in FIBA before, but even more importatant is familariy to system they've been using. It's simply not realistic to incorporate Yeng's new system with whoever ( even if it's the original core group from round 1) in the time we have left. The earliest the team can get back to practice is mid January , that's a month away basically from the 6th window- simply not realistic for any team to incorporate new system sets and execute it in game situations.
    Its sad that even in IBN, people underestimate the importance of really knowing the system. Sure Ateneo might perform better but that ateneo team has been playing together for 2+ yrs already.

If they already planned to only give 2wks prep for the nt on this window, they should've tapped one of Chot's assistants. You can't just put a totally different system midway into a tournament and not give him time to prep. If I were Yeng naman, I would've gotten Chot's assistants and implement a hybrid system. Keep the plays that the players already know and comfortable and slowly integrate his own system and style. Ang nangyari complete reboot with 0 prep and planning. I hope we somehow survive and get into the worlds. Sayang yung experience playing against top competition. I really like Yeng's system but what we saw the past 2 games wasn't remotely close to what he wanted to implement.

With the way Gilas or is it Team Pilipinas now? Played these teams the last time around, yeah the jokes on us.

I hope we get those 2 wins even if we do not qualify just to show that we are still above them. I also hope we win convincingly.

Actually I am looking forward now to the cadets with with 3-6 PBA players.
    lol at the team.pilipinas gilas reference.... this was the root of disunity and bad omen..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Remember even when Tab took over in 2015, he still used DDO and started introducing tweaks slowly(Swing), And note Jong Alapag nd Josh were still there to provide some continuity and transitioning, Even if he brought Compton

Really that's on Yeng for making bad decisions in planning an unfeasible implementable plan, he should know better that it takes time to Introduce and implement his system. IT was like he was born yesterday, saying stuff like Iba pala yung PBA, dapat 15 lang yung pool etc etc. Hello didn't we learn that already a decade ago

The role of National team coach requires better competence. Sorry from a. decision management perspective Yeng should be fired for incompetence. The role deserves better.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Page 579 of 588 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581 ... LastLast