FIBA Asia Pacific World Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    In the interview he had alongside Terrence Romeo, he arrogantly stated that it would be fun to meet Ateneo in the finals. lol

Bo? The guy is a classic example of a Jurassic coach.
    ok lang yan. with ricci and paras on board im sure they can go back to the finals since DLSU is not having samuels back and with new coach. i do think it will be another battle of katipunan.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      As this a Philippine thread this is my last post on the matter (it is not appropriate to knock our own even if it is not the intention)
      But I'll put it this way there is absolutely no way Junmar if a local in Australia would start at center for any of the 8 Australian NBL teams, in fact he would struggle to even get playing time in the NBL. Additionally Junmar is not an import prospect like Blatche, Fotu, Korean Naturalize player, Rui etc etc for mainstream foreign leagues (CBA, Europe etc etc, that should tell you something,
      In both the NBL starter and foreign league import example I mentioned, there definitely more than 10 players in Asia Pacific who at least are reasonable prospects for that level
      Your argument again is everywhere. The question was top 10 centers in asia that are not naturalized. Yet you mention them. Do you really think Haidar, Zhengulin can play better in NBL than Junmar. If not then your point is loss. I know Junemar played well in some games to make his stat among the top ten in efficiency not points but overall efficiency, including the Australia game. Many here will definitely will chose Junemar over Japhet because of later decision making. Junemar needs thou a good rim protector and a outside shooting PF (like Blatche) to compensate his weakness. And also Junemar injuries and ofcourse SMB not allowing him to play with Gilas consistently hampers his progress. Look at Paul Lee, one game he didn't do a good job, people think he doesn't belong in FIBA but yesterday's game prove otherwise and also remember the FIBA WC 2014 games.

Hope Junemar will have more PnR offensive just like the one with Kiefer Ravena in Kazakh game.

Comment

• I wasn't answering your question, look at my original post I included naturalize players, I was also referring to how efficiency performance in the Asia Pacific qualifiers isn't a good gauge for determining who are the top centers in the region, why? Simple, the top bigs are all concentrated in Australia, some in New Zealand and probably China, so you can easily have a college or Euro league player or even Australian NBL center who can't crack the Boomers lineup as a big, because they're to many quality bigs. Junmar gets the benefit of being one of the Philippines centers to get actual selection and playing time in the qualifiers. There definitely at least 10 bigs in Australia alone that are better than Junmar, but don't get to play in the qualifiers. That's why the question to begin with is flawed, the qualifiers isn't a good gauge of determine the best bigs in the region
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          ok lang yan. with ricci and paras on board im sure they can go back to the finals since DLSU is not having samuels back and with new coach. i do think it will be another battle of katipunan.
          OT but Ricci ,Kobe and Bright on the same team is a fight waiting to happen hahaha. And it's and should be Juan's team. I dunno how those primadonnas are going to adjust. They're not really known for their shooting, defense and playmaking. Good luck trying to move the ball around

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
            He needs to have an attitude adjustment first. The guy is an attention seeker at bulakbol pa. Instead of improving his skills, mas importante sa kanya ang porma.
            I wonder if a trip to Baler will solve that.

Comment

• If Gilas can tap a Thirdy Ravena, I hope if health and time issue permits, the SBP and Gilas team will extend the same invitation to BRP,Jr.
              I think the guy is more mature now to take a lead role in Gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
                If Gilas can tap a Thirdy Ravena, I hope if health and time issue permits, the SBP and Gilas team will extend the same invitation to BRP,Jr.
                I think the guy is more mature now to take a lead role in Gilas.
                If brp signed his pba contract and be allowed to be traded to his ninong.. shoo in yan..

if he decides to stay in smc.. hahahah
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                  OT but Ricci ,Kobe and Bright on the same team is a fight waiting to happen hahaha. And it's and should be Juan's team. I dunno how those primadonnas are going to adjust. They're not really known for their shooting, defense and playmaking. Good luck trying to move the ball around
                  see problem on bright/cs type of players. they are being paid to produce numbers but it sacrifices basic shooting rhytym..basic post moves and even basic big man defense as they are doing all they can just to score points and be in the game..being hacked here and there and always uses their muscle strength to manufacture points

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    Simple, the top bigs are all concentrated in Australia, some in New Zealand and probably China, so you can easily have a college or Euro league player or even Australian NBL center who can't crack the Boomers lineup as a big, because they're to many quality bigs. Junmar gets the benefit of being one of the Philippines centers to get actual selection and playing time in the qualifiers. There definitely at least 10 bigs in Australia alone that are better than Junmar, but don't get to play in the qualifiers. That's why the question to begin with is flawed, the qualifiers isn't a good gauge of determine the best bigs in the region
                    IMHO, another way to explain this is by analogy. Australia is to FIBA Asia as the Philippines is to SEABA. Majority of the top players from SEABA are in the PH. When we won the gold medal in the last sea games, we sent a college selection but we are all aware that we could've easily formed at least 3-4 different rosters made up of college/semi-pro/non-pba players and still win simply because of the gap in the talent level. Another good example is Australia and NZ produces D1 level talent every generation while the PH can hardly produce one.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikepogi View Post
                      Honestly if there is any bigs that compliment Blatche's game now, that would be AJ Edu. I don't think there is any bigs who are actively playing in the UAAP, PBA, ABL that can compliment Blatche's game in Fiba matches.. Either they are too raw (Kai Sotto), too small (Erram, Rosario), not mobile enough (Fajardo), or ineligible (Standhardinger).....

I think the game has evolved now that it's not about height, but more about length... That players who are athletic and with long wingspan will have more impact on the game. I really like to see this starting line-up.. Maybe not on Monday but hopefully in the WC if we are able to qualify...

C - Blatche (6'11)
                      PF - Edu (6'11)
                      SF - Norwood (6'6)
                      SG - Paras (6'6)
                      PG - Castro (5'11)

I really think with the right mentor, Paras with his athleticism can be a good defensive guard. He doesn't have to bring the ball up too much.. Norwood and Blatche can help Castro with that...All he has to do is just make open shots, and learn how to defend the wings...
                      I agree that the game now is more on length. However, I think the real point here is that the game had evolved into rhythm/ pace and spacing.
                      This had always been the case in basketball, but it is more evident now. Hence, if a player doesn't have the length but is great at changing pace and reading space, will be a very important player for any team.
                      Hence, I believe that even in today's game, a prime Duncan, Garnett, Jabar, and Hakeem will still be freaking monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_d View Post
                        IMHO, another way to explain this is by analogy. Australia is to FIBA Asia as the Philippines is to SEABA. Majority of the top players from SEABA are in the PH. When we won the gold medal in the last sea games, we sent a college selection but we are all aware that we could've easily formed at least 3-4 different rosters made up of college/semi-pro/non-pba players and still win simply because of the gap in the talent level. Another good example is Australia and NZ produces D1 level talent every generation while the PH can hardly produce one.
                        Despite being cloistered from top level competition in Europe or the Americas, Australia still manages to produce quality talent from the grassroots level. It really says a lot about how good their basketball program truly is.

They are leagues ahead of everyone in FIBA Asia.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• You can say that it was unfair because jordan got their big wins against low tier teams like India and Syria.. but we battle the same level team in qatar and also Jordan faced more stiffer competition the next round...

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                            junmar is under the weather. so yeng preserved him for the kazak game. i do disagree that junmar is as slow as slaughter. he is significantly faster than slaughter.
                            Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                            Despite being cloistered from top level competition in Europe or the Americas, Australia still manages to produce quality talent from the grassroots level. It really says a lot about how good their basketball program truly is.

They are leagues ahead of everyone in FIBA Asia.
                            With japan beating them even with 3 nba players, theres nothing impossible... Bilog ang bola,

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                              With japan beating them even with 3 nba players, theres nothing impossible... Bilog ang bola,
                              Australia without Mills, Simmons, Baynes, Ingles, and Exum is not the real Australian team.

I'm not downplaying Japan's victory but Australia is simply too strong.

Bilog ang bola pero mahirap lang talaga silang talunin given the quality and depth of their talent.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                                Japan is prime example of you get the upsets if you play the game right and have skills to do it..Koreans have unorthodox style but its only good ina sian level where they capitalize on every weak aspect asian teams have, it took a Julio LLamas to identify the talent gap between the twins Joji and Kosuke as even Atsuya Ota was ahead of the other takeuchi on Japans rotation..kung local ang coach niyan sabay lagi yun kambal..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information