FIBA Asia Pacific World Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    i noticed that succesful local teams today enjoy the extrwme small ball so much.We got UP,Ateneo ( a litte bit) and professional teams like Magnolia and Alaska.Now they may seem succesful in the local leagues but this would not translate in the international tournaments.FIBA as Standhardinger mentioned is very physical.This gives the bigger players an advantage because they can basically use their brute strength to gain advantage.Now can we imagine the likes of Paul Lee,Mark Barroca and Justin Melton to work against an Iranian squad or even a Kazakhstan team?It may be fun to see midgets play basketball but we have to remember that this is a physically demanding and very competitive sport.A person like Thirdy may be an ideal small forward in the PBA but not necessarily in FIBA.Thirdy should be better with his 3pt field goal so thay he could be the replacement of Matthew Wright.
    even in d pba, his ideal position is sg

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
      The cloak of invincibility of Gilas is gone with Guiao at the helm... You know he will do something head scratching will make Gilas lose...
      Wow! Wasn't even aware we had one. After the whupping we constantly get from Korea, Iran, China and Australia pre CYG? Maybe it was a cloak of invisible invincibility. lol
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
        i think he has d most dunks in a season this year. i even think he has more dunks this year compared to his previous 3 years combined or at least close to it.
        Uaap in general seemed to have a lot of dunks not just from imports but even local guys

Comment

• Im just gonna be upfront we could possibly have the same problem with Kiefer as we would potentially have with Thirdy. Thirdy could be a little more serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
            Im just gonna be upfront we could possibly have the same problem with Kiefer as we would potentially have with Thirdy. Thirdy could be a little more serious.
            So Thirdy also has scandalous leaked photos and are more serious than the ones by his Kuya?

Comment

• If only Thirdy has Kobe's height, we won't be having a problem at the 3 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kutsonatics View Post
                If only Thirdy has Kobe's height, we won't be having a problem at the 3 spot.
                If only Kobe has Thirdy's focus and discipline, we won't be having a problem at the 3 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kutsonatics View Post
                  If only Thirdy has Kobe's height, we won't be having a problem at the 3 spot.
                  You think he would play the 3 still? Probably end up like Troy Rosario.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                    You think he would play the 3 still? Probably end up like Troy Rosario.
                    Troy played mostly center before learning to be an effective 4 in college and the PBA. Not comparable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                      Im just gonna be upfront we could possibly have the same problem with Kiefer as we would potentially have with Thirdy. Thirdy could be a little more serious.
                      peds?

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                        What physicality are not called as fouls? Bumping your opponents with your body before they get the ball? Hip checking? Is that it? It seems it is more than it for a big guy like JF to need to adjust to it. Well I guess if 6'10 or 7'0 guys keep bumping you or plant their elbows on you on rebounds you will feel it even if you are as big as JF.
                        There are no written specifics as to what contacts are non-fouls, but to be sure just follow one general rule: DON'T GET CAUGHT.
                        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG 3000 View Post
                          Troy played mostly center before learning to be an effective 4 in college and the PBA. Not comparable.
                          No that's kind of what I mean. IF thirdy was 6'6 he would be a center and at best learn to play 4

Comment

• What really did on our lost to Iran is the offensive rebounding. Both our bigs CS and JF are not high leapers and even outboxed. I don't know what the final stats is but there is really a discrepancy in the offensive rebounding department. Our dominant big men are just average players in international (Asian) level with no one to challenge them locally, even imports are handicapped with height limitation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG 3000 View Post
                              So Thirdy also has scandalous leaked photos and are more serious than the ones by his Kuya?
                              No. Love triangle. Him and 2 volleyball players from rival schools. But seriously, by association alone, you'll think he's into something like his brother. But by seeing how swoll he is, then yeah, doubly suspicious. Im not insinuating, it's just my observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                                No. Love triangle. Him and 2 volleyball players from rival schools. But seriously, by association alone, you'll think he's into something like his brother. But by seeing how swoll he is, then yeah, doubly suspicious. Im not insinuating, it's just my observation.
                                I think thirdy is using PEDS...its hard to maintain a very lean and ripped body like his even if he is a basketball player...
                                Originally posted by PeeZones
                                Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information