No announcement yet.

Lebanon breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if ali m played we would,ve won , anyway 5-2 and 6-2 ?? leb beat qatar,CT,korea,iran and qatar.......RP beat chinese 2nd team and all the others are not worth mentioning....RP didnt have 1 impressive victory this tournament...they deserve to be 9th...CT and qatar are much better than them...and atleast we,ll be playing in the pre olympic tournament against strong teams unlike RP who will now have their team released probably since their results werent much better than the amatuer league
    Last edited by karim; 08-05-2007, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karim
      if ali m played we would,ve won , anyway 5-2 and 6-2 ?? leb beat qatar,CT,korea,iran and qatar.......RP beat chinese 2nd team and all the others are not worth mentioning....RP didnt have 1 impressive victory this tournament...they deserve to be 9th...CT and qatar are much better than them...and atleast we,ll be playing in the pre olympic tournament against strong teams unlike RP who will now have their team released probably since their results werent much better than the amatuer league
      as if you can win pre olympic tournament you cant even win fiba asia championship

Comment

its not all abt winning...its abt playing against world level teams , thats wat the 2002 and 2006 WBC were about , smthng RP hasnt done in 50 years and wont do for another 40 years as well.......

Comment

its not all abt winning...its abt playing against world level teams , thats wat the 2002 and 2006 WBC were about , smthng RP hasent done in 50 years and wont do for another 40 years as well.......
          i think karim is bitter because they got beaten by iran. you have to move on karim even without china team a still you cant win fiba asia championship. wait for the next international competition when we beat your team as always. lets see if your still competitive as khatib and vogel are getting old. as for Pilipinas NT you aint see nothing yet. Our future in basketball is bright while Lebanon's NT is on its twilight.

Comment

its not all abt winning...its abt playing against world level teams , thats wat the 2002 and 2006 WBC were about , smthng RP hasnt done in 50 years and wont do for another 40 years as well.......
            relax bitterness will go to hatred atleast Lebanon has a chance in the wild card
            PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

well, lets not feast on Lebanon's defeat.. shall we.. we have nothing to do with it..
              It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

iran was the batter team throughtout the tourmant and deserve to be champions , we depend on fadi too much on the offense also fahed was horriable on D and we still haven't found a replacement for paul khoury our Defanse ancher in the last tourment .
                now that our olympic chance is very little i still belevie in our team and can make an upset against the south american and euro , anyway if we were to be champs of asia i would rather be against a real china team .

Comment

man, we have a good player who's better than roy and bassem and it's ahmad ozeir...we needed him 2day but what can i say....i was about to cry 2day because i wanted to be in the olympics...i love u lebanon...i will always cheer for u in bitterness or goodness.....allah yehmik ya lebnen

Comment

adriano machado the brazilian/lebanese PF could,ve filled this gap but we couldnt give him the citizenship cuz of the politics here + we need a backup PG for ali mahmoud fahd isnt a true one we got lost today without ali mahmoud.........this guy mahdi kamrani used his elbow a few times b4 they scored baskets i dont know how the REF didnt call anything on them........

Comment

hey karim, any information about this BRAZ-LEB guy? is he gonna play for your NT in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by YAROUNI10
                        iran was the batter team throughtout the tourmant and deserve to be champions , we depend on fadi too much on the offense also fahed was horriable on D and we still haven't found a replacement for paul khoury our Defanse ancher in the last tourment .
                        now that our olympic chance is very little i still belevie in our team and can make an upset against the south american and euro , anyway if we were to be champs of asia i would rather be against a real china team .
                        Finally, a lebanese guy who accepts that his team rely too much on fahdi for points, unlike others who continue to claim that there are other scorers on the team, even when all the statistics say otherwise. I know how you feel bro. we felt the same here when our team got eliminated early. defense is good, but you need to work on your offense. khatib won't be as good as he is right now forever. how old is he anyway? if he's 29, I suspect only about 3 years, maximum 4, that he can keep this up. being a guard, he relies too much on his quickness outside shot. 2 years from now, maybe vogel retires. you need to rebuild quickly, or jordan and qatar will overtake you.

Comment

Originally posted by zouz
                          man, we have a good player who's better than roy and bassem and it's ahmad ozeir...we needed him 2day but what can i say....i was about to cry 2day because i wanted to be in the olympics...i love u lebanon...i will always cheer for u in bitterness or goodness.....allah yehmik ya lebnen
                          man, twas the same here when RP got eliminated right in the first round. what's funny is, most people here will not have felt as bad if we got eliminated in the quarterfinals or even in the finals. 9th place here was unthinkable.

although some here will say that we even placed 13th in another ABC, those teams were made up mostly of collegiate players or proffesionals who got cut from the pro league, not the top players in the country. most people here just shrugged their shoulders on those losses.

anyway, just don't think about it too much. that's how we deal with these kind of things here.

Comment

Originally posted by dgenx View Post
                            i think karim is bitter because they got beaten by iran. you have to move on karim even without china team a still you cant win fiba asia championship. wait for the next international competition when we beat your team as always. lets see if your still competitive as khatib and vogel are getting old. as for Pilipinas NT you aint see nothing yet. Our future in basketball is bright while Lebanon's NT is on its twilight.
                            Ignorance at it best!!!!

fadi is only 30 years old. Vogel is a neutralized player and can be changed with few papers signed a bag full of dollars.

Several of the current Lebanese players are in their mid-twenities like Ali mahmoud, jean abdul nour.
                            Many young and coming players on serval postions like Rodrigue Akil and Mohammad hamdar....

Do i need to talk abt the NCAA players? like Bassel Bawji. tarek ammoury...

and abt the pre-olympics players, it was the worst we could ever play due to many many reasons... but wait is the phillipines team better? no way in hell, we lost in a finals game in fiba asia due to a superior effort by kamrani and ehhaddi .. while u guys lost in the first round

get ur facts first amigo

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr View Post
                              Ignorance at it best!!!!

fadi is only 30 years old. Vogel is a neutralized player and can be changed with few papers signed a bag full of dollars.

Several of the current Lebanese players are in their mid-twenities like Ali mahmoud, jean abdul nour.
                              Many young and coming players on serval postions like Rodrigue Akil and Mohammad hamdar....

Do i need to talk abt the NCAA players? like Bassel Bawji. tarek ammoury...

and abt the pre-olympics players, it was the worst we could ever play due to many many reasons... but wait is the phillipines team better? no way in hell, we lost in a finals game in fiba asia due to a superior effort by kamrani and ehhaddi .. while u guys lost in the first round

get ur facts first amigo
                              I can assure that Lebanon will be a power in Asia in many years to come with or without Khatib your basketball program seems to be very good and proven before unlike us... it is only starting
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Ignorance at it best!!!!

Brian bechara is neutralized? hahahahhahaah you just made my day

ya also me, dani and Khalid are neutralized. hahahhaahahahaha
                                now i understand that "neutralized" thingy. we filipinos and almost the entire world call that "naturalized".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information