This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamas roster featuring Buddy Hield:

Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield will headline the roster for the third window of the Americas Group qualifier as the Bahamas gets set to take on the US Virgin Islands on June 28 and the Dominican Republic on July 2 in Puerto Rico.

#Other current professional players on the roster include Jaraun "Kino" Burrows (FOS Provence Basket - French B), Michael Carey Jr (Etoile -French B), Zane Knowles (Etoile - French B), Kadeem Coleby (Akita, Japan), Shaquille Cleare (LNG - Switzerland), Lynden Rose of the NBA G-League's Salt Lake City Stars and G-League draftee Danrad 'Chicken' Knowles.

#Team Bahamas will also feature recent NCAA Division I graduates Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr (Michigan State), Dwight Coleby (Western Kentucky) and current Division I players Jaron Cornish (Stony Brook) and Travis Munnings (ULM Warhawks).
    MEN’s senior national basketball team head coach Mario Bowleg called this current Bahamas roster “one of the most talented the federation has put together” as they continue to seek FIBA World Cup qualification.Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield will
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Having Buddy Buckets could be a game-changer. He's probably second only to RJ Barrett (if he really is second) out of the two guards in this zone from outside the US.

Comment

• Canadian 12 man Roster Announced

R.J. Barrett
        Anthony Bennett
        Khem Birch
        Dillon Brooks
        Melvin Ejim
        Brady Heslip
        Cory Joseph
        Andrew Nembhard
        Kelly Olynyk
        Dwight Powell
        Phil Scrubb
        Tommy Scrubb

Solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
          Canadian 12 man Roster Announced

R.J. Barrett
          Anthony Bennett
          Khem Birch
          Dillon Brooks
          Melvin Ejim
          Brady Heslip
          Cory Joseph
          Andrew Nembhard
          Kelly Olynyk
          Dwight Powell
          Phil Scrubb
          Tommy Scrubb

Solid.
          No Pangos?
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• USVI takes down Bahamas.

Comment

• Puerto Rico in a tight fight with Cuba.

Fairly sure that was the worst quarter any team USA has ever had. Though I'm open to being proven wrong.

45-28, at half. 2nd quarter was better, but that's not really saying anything.
              Last edited by Dtown; 06-29-2018, 02:17 AM.
              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                No Pangos?
                Pretty sure Pangos is in contract neogtiations.
                We The North

Comment

• Well that's more like it. Van Gundy at halftime was probably must see. 55-51 Mexico, anyone's game going into the 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                    Well that's more like it. Van Gundy at halftime was probably must see. 55-51 Mexico, anyone's game going into the 4th.
                    I had a feeling this would be the US's bump in the road game. The Mexicans have upgraded their roster since we last met, and they always were a well coached group with great chemistry. At this point, getting to the second round is what's important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                      I had a feeling this would be the US's bump in the road game. The Mexicans have upgraded their roster since we last met, and they always were a well coached group with great chemistry. At this point, getting to the second round is what's important.
                      talking with a minute left, and it looks like Mexico's gonna win. Figured if we lost this round would be at Mexico. Important thing is beat up on Cuba on Sunday. Even with this loss we own the tie breaker on Mexico with the 36 pt beatdown in November.

Mexico/Puerto Rico will definitely be worth a watch on Sunday.

Edit: Alright that's game, congrats to Mexico. Technically the first team since Greece 2006 to beat us in a Sr. Men's National team game...technically...

Comment

• FUN FACTS: Heading into this game, non-NBA US Senior National Teams had won 12 straight, a program record for non-NBA teams and the longest winning streak for non-NBA players in 20 years (Canada was the last team to defeat the US at the 2015 Pan American Games). The US is now 7-2 against Mexico in the professional era, with their only previous loss coming in 2011 at the Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. The USA falls to 3-2 against Mexico all-time on Mexican soil. The US's last victory came in 1989 at the Tournament of the Americas in Mexico City. The US's next opponent, Cuba, hasn't hosted an American team since the 1991 Pan American Games.
                        Last edited by Federoy; 06-29-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                          talking with a minute left, and it looks like Mexico's gonna win. Figured if we lost this round would be at Mexico. Important thing is beat up on Cuba on Sunday. Even with this loss we own the tie breaker on Mexico with the 36 pt beatdown in November.

Mexico/Puerto Rico will definitely be worth a watch on Sunday.

Edit: Alright that's game, congrats to Mexico. Technically the first team since Greece 2006 to beat us in a Sr. Men's National team game...technically...
                          Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game, but I imagine it probably went like so many of our losses go...jacking up untimely 3s, getting broken down on half-court defense, and struggling to find offensive options...does that sum it up or was there a new twist? I've got tremendous respect for the Mexicans. Their program has made leaps and bounds over the past 7-8 years and they actually have a respectable record against some of the best in the Americas. You're right, MEX vs. PUR is setting up to be a heavy weight fight. I don't expect Cuba to give us much resistance even though they made things interesting against PR for a little while.

Comment

• I had a feeling this would happen. Great win for Mexico. Now they need to take care of business again.

We always add these terrible ball-dominant combo guards who belong nowhere near the NBA (Caruso, McKinney-Jones). Funny thing is I like some of our additions in the frontcourt and the addition of scoring machine Thornton. It's a shame he can't get exposure on ESPN the way guys like Drew II did but I think he'll be in Summer League.

Comment

• Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
                              Pretty sure Pangos is in contract neogtiations.
                              Ya pretty sure Pangos is technically unsigned with Barcelona at this moment. They are trying to finalize a deal. He is also getting married in a couple weeks. That could be a factor.

Pangos was on our original 18 man roster but not on the camp roster that came out a couple weeks later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                                Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game, but I imagine it probably went like so many of our losses go...jacking up untimely 3s, getting broken down on half-court defense, and struggling to find offensive options...does that sum it up or was there a new twist? I've got tremendous respect for the Mexicans. Their program has made leaps and bounds over the past 7-8 years and they actually have a respectable record against some of the best in the Americas. You're right, MEX vs. PUR is setting up to be a heavy weight fight. I don't expect Cuba to give us much resistance even though they made things interesting against PR for a little while.
                                The big thing with this game vs. some of others was the absolute god awful start. Mexico went off on a 20-0 run to start the game, under FIBA and the quicker games, that's an absolute monster of a deficit to overcome. Factor in raucous crowd and the game was almost won in the first few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information