Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers - AMERICAs

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    I have to say ESPN+ is good for what it costs, but I also like Soccer and they have a ton of it. I have to admit even though it was pointless I still cheered when the shot went in.
    Since ESPN has the broadcasting rights, aside from the US and Canada, how many games will be aired on cable? My guess is that the lesser known quantities (Ivory Coast, Czech Rep., Jordan etc.) will only be streamed, thus forcing ppl to either pay for the online service or do without. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the 2014 tournament was shown on ESPN3 (now +) for "free" (you had to enter your cable service provider's info). I might consider subscribing to ESPN+ for a month and then cancelling once the tournament ends. Are you able to watch FIBA basketball or soccer anytime you want or is there a time limit for how long an event will be streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    Since ESPN has the broadcasting rights, aside from the US and Canada, how many games will be aired on cable? My guess is that the lesser known quantities (Ivory Coast, Czech Rep., Jordan etc.) will only be streamed, thus forcing ppl to either pay for the online service or do without. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the 2014 tournament was shown on ESPN3 (now +) for "free" (you had to enter your cable service provider's info). I might consider subscribing to ESPN+ for a month and then cancelling once the tournament ends. Are you able to watch FIBA basketball or soccer anytime you want or is there a time limit for how long an event will be streamed?
    Yep, that was how it was in 2014. As for how many games will be on cable. US games are a safe bet, beyond that maybe the knockout stage. It's hard to say, due to times zones (late night early morning) they may actually show more, but it's anyone's guess.

In regards to replays/availability, I wasn't sure so I just checked. All the games from this qualifying window are still available to watch right now, and it seems sporting events from all this month are still available, but no further back than that.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415