This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
    Arsonist - Let me know your thoughts on the Venezuela roster and how it compare to our match-up last December. I'm curious if VEN is fielding a full squad or giving some younger guys a chance to prove themselves (seems to be the case we a few teams that have already qualified).
    Most of key players are there as I see, except for Echenique, but on other hand - Cubillan is back.

P.S. Kyle Landry doesn't play for Buducnost this season

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
    Brazil officially qualifies, joining the United States as the only countries to play in every World Championship/Cup

Dominican Republic gets a big win over over Venezuela, a win over Brazil on Monday will get them in.
    I think DR are already through thanks to big points difference (still in theory of course). They has just too big advantage here over Puerto Rico and Uruguay, whoever will finish 4th in other group and they can't overcome DR on victories, might have 7 at best like DR has now already. So it's between Puerto Rico and Uruguay now to grab the last ticket to China. It will be hell of the game in San Juan on 25th. Looking to the future, I think it's unfair to decide the last qualifier this way, one gets in group with Chile and Virgin Islands and you can expect some blowouts to improve points difference, other Mexico and Panama, where win alone is good. There must be some additional game held between 4th place finishers, maybe on neutral territory to decide it

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Most of key players are there as I see, except for Echenique, but on other hand - Cubillan is back.

P.S. Kyle Landry doesn't play for Buducnost this season

I think DR are already through thanks to big points difference (still in theory of course). They has just too big advantage here over Puerto Rico and Uruguay, whoever will finish 4th in other group and they can't overcome DR on victories, might have 7 at best like DR has now already. So it's between Puerto Rico and Uruguay now to grab the last ticket to China. It will be hell of the game in San Juan on 25th. Looking to the future, I think it's unfair to decide the last qualifier this way, one gets in group with Chile and Virgin Islands and you can expect some blowouts to improve points difference, other Mexico and Panama, where win alone is good. There must be some additional game held between 4th place finishers, maybe on neutral territory to decide it
      Yeah you're almost certainly right, considering it's a guarantee that either Uruguay/Puerto Rico will lose a game, I can't see them making up the massive point differential.

As for what to do in the future, I'd say when comparing 4th place teams they should drop the results against the last place team but there's always going to be flaws in the system. At least Puerto Rico and Uruguay will be able to settle it on the court.
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Puerto Rico wins the confetti game, what a cluster fuck of an ending. Anyway Puerto Rico guarantee that the final game will be a straight do or die game.

DR 7-4 +66
        PR: 7-4 +24
        UG 6-5 -81

Dominican Republic is sitting nicely. If Puerto Rico loses the do or die game, it means they will at most have 23 points, meaning so as long as DR don't lose by 43 to Brazil they should be fine.
        Last edited by Dtown; 02-23-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I'm already so nervous for tonight's game against URU. Wish I could've been in PR today even though the game sold out almost immediately.

Comment

• Puerto Rico holds on in a thriller vs. Uruguay 65-61 clinching the last two spots for them and the Dominican Republic.

Also in a complete meaningless game US hit a buzzer beater to win the group vs Argentina.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
              Puerto Rico holds on in a thriller vs. Uruguay 65-61 clinching the last two spots for them and the Dominican Republic.

Also in a complete meaningless game US hit a buzzer beater to win the group vs Argentina.
              Would've loved to have seen both of those games...ON CABLE. There was some bragging rights on the line for the US. We had a 31 game home winning streak (combined NBA and non-NBA) heading into today's game. Spain was the last country to beat us on US soil way back in 2002, but if you recall, Argentina handed us a loss that year also. Today's result pushes the US's home record to 62-3 in the professional era.
              Last edited by Federoy; 02-27-2019, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                Would've loved to have seen both of those games...ON CABLE. There was some bragging rights on the line for the US. We had a 31 game home winning streak (combined NBA and non-NBA) heading into today's game. Spain was the last country to beat us on US soil way back in 2002, but if you recall, Argentina handed us a loss that year also. Today's result pushes the US's record to 62-3 in the professional era.
                I have to say ESPN+ is good for what it costs, but I also like Soccer and they have a ton of it. I have to admit even though it was pointless I still cheered when the shot went in.

Comment

• GROUP E CHAMPIONS!!!! Nice little comeback there at the end.

Impressive choke attempt by Puerto Rico. At the end of the day the seven teams that were favored to qualify ended up qualifying.
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Comment

• So proud of the Puerto Rican team. It was a great game. I enjoyed the physicality from the start. I loved how the 36 year old veteran Carlos Rivera came into the game and set the pace. And Yao Lopez had the best game with the NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                        I have to say ESPN+ is good for what it costs, but I also like Soccer and they have a ton of it. I have to admit even though it was pointless I still cheered when the shot went in.
                        Since ESPN has the broadcasting rights, aside from the US and Canada, how many games will be aired on cable? My guess is that the lesser known quantities (Ivory Coast, Czech Rep., Jordan etc.) will only be streamed, thus forcing ppl to either pay for the online service or do without. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the 2014 tournament was shown on ESPN3 (now +) for "free" (you had to enter your cable service provider's info). I might consider subscribing to ESPN+ for a month and then cancelling once the tournament ends. Are you able to watch FIBA basketball or soccer anytime you want or is there a time limit for how long an event will be streamed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                          Since ESPN has the broadcasting rights, aside from the US and Canada, how many games will be aired on cable? My guess is that the lesser known quantities (Ivory Coast, Czech Rep., Jordan etc.) will only be streamed, thus forcing ppl to either pay for the online service or do without. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the 2014 tournament was shown on ESPN3 (now +) for "free" (you had to enter your cable service provider's info). I might consider subscribing to ESPN+ for a month and then cancelling once the tournament ends. Are you able to watch FIBA basketball or soccer anytime you want or is there a time limit for how long an event will be streamed?
                          Yep, that was how it was in 2014. As for how many games will be on cable. US games are a safe bet, beyond that maybe the knockout stage. It's hard to say, due to times zones (late night early morning) they may actually show more, but it's anyone's guess.

In regards to replays/availability, I wasn't sure so I just checked. All the games from this qualifying window are still available to watch right now, and it seems sporting events from all this month are still available, but no further back than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information