No announcement yet.

IRAN is the ABC Champion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulatioins to the Iranian NT for being the 2007 FIBA-Asia Men's Basketball champions.

I expect this team to play their hearts out in the Olympics against tougher competitions. Who knows, if they play well enough, guys like Ehadadi & the Bahrami brothers could get an invitation to an NBA training camp again. From there, who knows how far they'll go.
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWalker
      whew man! what a game! 74-69 is the score I think. And i must say that Iran deserves to win this tournament. haddadi is great downlow, topscored for Iran and scored all the much needed points during the last minutes of the game. CONGRATS! nice game for lebanon by the way.
      IT WAS AN NAIL BITING FINISH.CONGRATS IRAN.
      bank of america credit cards

Comment

Originally posted by onono1
        Are you sure about that dude? Their 2nd stint in the olympics for men's basketball? When was that happened?
        In 1956 i think.
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by javasandreen
          Congratulations to Iran! The team deserves a ticket to the next year's Olympic Games.
          Hm Iran lost to Bommer though

thx

MS

Comment

Jordan 69 - 78 Korea
            Korea has rise in rank

Comment

KOR / JOR – Louay’s injury lays Jordan low; Korea progress

TEHRAN (FIBA Asia U18 Championship for Junior Men): An injury to their mainstay at a crucial juncture of the game hampering their rhythm, Jordan went down 78-69 to Korea in a pivotal Group B game on Friday.

Korea, who finished runners-up to China at the last edition of the Championship, thus became the first team to book their place in the Championship cluster of the Quarterfinal round having won both their games. Korea had beaten Kazakhstan on Thursday.

Jordan, who scored a runaway win against Saudi Arabia on the opening day, began rather confidently, going ahead 10-4 early in the game. But Korea staged a 17-5 run midway through the quarter to move ahead. Back-to-back three pointers from Louay Obeidi and Odai Abuqamar helped Jordan narrow the deficit to 22-23 at the end of first ten minutes.

Things went on par and the game seemed headed for an exciting course, when disaster struck Jordan.

Obeidi landed rather awkwardly when coming down with an offensive rebound and fell down clutching his left ankle and writhing in pain. That was with 6:50 left in the second quarter and the score tantalizingly locked 27-27.

Obeidi did return to action, midway through the third quarter and continued from where he left earlier, but during the time of his absence the pendulum had swung the Korean way.

Obeidi had scored 16 points in the 13 minutes he played before the injury. And scored 16 more in the 14 minutes he was on court with the injury.

Obeidi, thus finished with a game-high 32 points. That he led the rebounds for his team with eight collections, despite his absence spoke for his importance for Jordan.

But Korea, in the meantime had made steady progress with an all-round attack. And with Obeidi’s absence affecting Jordan’s scoring rate, Korea’s 20-9 advantage in the second quarter proved more than sufficient to clinch the game.

“We have met our first target (that of making the Quartefinal round),” said Korea coach Lee Hyosang.

“We have lots more to meet before we wind up in this tournament,” he added.

Lim Jongill continued to lead the scoring for Korea with 29 points

“It hurt like hell. I couldn’t even stand on both feet. I was literally hopping on one foot,” Obeidi said.

“Hopefull it’ll improve tomorrow,” he added.

Jordan next take on Kazakhstan, who play Saudi Arabia later in the day. Should the Kazakhs beat Saudi Arabia tonight, their clash with Jordan on the morrow would be a virtual play-off to decide the second team to make the elite round from this group.

Scores

Korea 78 (Lim Jongill 29, Kim Yumin 15) bt Jordan 69 (Louay Obeidi 32, Odai Abuqamar 14). Quarterwise Scores: 23-22, 43-31, 62-46.

S Mageshwaran
              FIBA Asia

------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Louay Obeidi is a good SF .

I find Louay Obeidi's name in Jordan NT .He is from San Francisco.
              But I find he is a senior in US university league PAL.
              Then how old is Louay Obeidi?????

Comment

Originally posted by FEIFEI
                KOR / JOR – Louay’s injury lays Jordan low; Korea progress

TEHRAN (FIBA Asia U18 Championship for Junior Men): An injury to their mainstay at a crucial juncture of the game hampering their rhythm, Jordan went down 78-69 to Korea in a pivotal Group B game on Friday.

Korea, who finished runners-up to China at the last edition of the Championship, thus became the first team to book their place in the Championship cluster of the Quarterfinal round having won both their games. Korea had beaten Kazakhstan on Thursday.

Jordan, who scored a runaway win against Saudi Arabia on the opening day, began rather confidently, going ahead 10-4 early in the game. But Korea staged a 17-5 run midway through the quarter to move ahead. Back-to-back three pointers from Louay Obeidi and Odai Abuqamar helped Jordan narrow the deficit to 22-23 at the end of first ten minutes.

Things went on par and the game seemed headed for an exciting course, when disaster struck Jordan.

Obeidi landed rather awkwardly when coming down with an offensive rebound and fell down clutching his left ankle and writhing in pain. That was with 6:50 left in the second quarter and the score tantalizingly locked 27-27.

Obeidi did return to action, midway through the third quarter and continued from where he left earlier, but during the time of his absence the pendulum had swung the Korean way.

Obeidi had scored 16 points in the 13 minutes he played before the injury. And scored 16 more in the 14 minutes he was on court with the injury.

Obeidi, thus finished with a game-high 32 points. That he led the rebounds for his team with eight collections, despite his absence spoke for his importance for Jordan.

But Korea, in the meantime had made steady progress with an all-round attack. And with Obeidi’s absence affecting Jordan’s scoring rate, Korea’s 20-9 advantage in the second quarter proved more than sufficient to clinch the game.

“We have met our first target (that of making the Quartefinal round),” said Korea coach Lee Hyosang.

“We have lots more to meet before we wind up in this tournament,” he added.

Lim Jongill continued to lead the scoring for Korea with 29 points

“It hurt like hell. I couldn’t even stand on both feet. I was literally hopping on one foot,” Obeidi said.

“Hopefull it’ll improve tomorrow,” he added.

Jordan next take on Kazakhstan, who play Saudi Arabia later in the day. Should the Kazakhs beat Saudi Arabia tonight, their clash with Jordan on the morrow would be a virtual play-off to decide the second team to make the elite round from this group.

Scores

Korea 78 (Lim Jongill 29, Kim Yumin 15) bt Jordan 69 (Louay Obeidi 32, Odai Abuqamar 14). Quarterwise Scores: 23-22, 43-31, 62-46.

S Mageshwaran
                FIBA Asia

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Louay Obeidi is a good SF .

I find Louay Obeidi's name in Jordan NT .He is from San Francisco.
                But I find he is a senior in US university league PAL.
                Then how old is Louay Obeidi?????

http://www.examiner.com/a-594894~Ver...verything.html
                old enough to drink beer I suppose lol

Comment

Originally posted by pachador
                  stop those persian! where is sparta?
                  destroyed by the Thebans Sacred Band who defeated an army of 1800 Spartans with only 300 men, talk about all hype then by Alexander and then by the Romans.

Comment

Iran surprise Asia

Comment

2007 FIBA Asia Championship Team Photos

CHINA

CHINESE TAIPEI

HONG KONG

INDIA

INDONESIA

IRAN

JAPAN

JORDAN

KAZAKHSTAN

KOREA

LEBANON

PHILIPPINES

QATAR

SYRIA

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
                      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                        In 1956 i think.
                        its 1948
                        AKO ANG SIMULA!!! BABANGON ANG PILIPINAS!!!

Comment

SmartGilas.com
                          TeamPilipinas.info
                          www.facebook.com/SmartGilas
                          www.IBN.SmartGilas.com <<-- Share IBN's PBA forum to the world!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoycyberwebs View Post
                            FIBA ASIA suck! Game is Fixed!

I still remember Philippines V Iran! That game is Fixed! That referee is a good friend of iranian coach!

I will not respect FIBA! shame on you FIBA!
                            Its COACH T the new coach of Team Pilipinas.
                            sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

The beginning of our reign!!!

Comment

Toroman or Matic?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information