No announcement yet.

Lithuanians in Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I think about Gudaitis, there is always that thought in my mind that he had made a huge mistake by moving to Lrytas , yet somehow miraculously he came out of it as a better player. I think he matured just enough to make the move away from Lrytas only to find out for us that he had matured as a player as well. His biggest improvement for me is his free throw shooting. He went from what, 50 or 55 percent to well above/around 80 ? Hight percentage from a big man from a charity line is like a godsend gift for coaches , hence he gets some extra playing just for that, I assume. So who knows , maybe them last two years were just a kick to his ass he needed, or maybe he just delayed his rise by 2 years. Funnily enough not that many players improve their stats or game after they leave Žalgiris, bar their bank balance . Sonny, James and Dedmond?(spelling) had their best seasons in Žalgiris , only to fade away later on into mediocrity . Lekavičius seems to be latter . But he is still young.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      Funnily enough not that many players improve their stats or game after they leave Žalgiris, bar their bank balance . Sonny, James and Dedmond?(spelling) had their best seasons in Žalgiris , only to fade away later on into mediocrity . Lekavičius seems to be latter . But he is still young.
      That's very superficial impression. Off course, if player doesn't play you can say he just lost the battle of competition, but the thing is that most likely Lekavicius' abilities haven't decreased a bit, maybe contrary. The problem is he doesn't have the role in EL, or it is very inconsistent. 12minutes and 2 shots per game is not a role, it's chaos that you are being thrown in. Yet Lekavicius deals with that extremely effective - 50% from 2, 60% from 3, 80% FT. In 3 games when he played more than 15 minutes, he averaging 11pts. He is red hot and simply is not played enough. IMO, he should be fine, be it PAO or other EL team. I just hoped that PAO's coach would at least give him 20 minutes per game, It's a bit sad, but fair situation because PAO has even better guards than Lekavicius is at the moment. He would be absolutely beasting along with Pangos in Zalgiris at the moment, but hopefully this situation only will accelerate his progress and will make him even bigger hard worker. Yet a good game in A1 today.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        That's very superficial impression. Off course, if player doesn't play you can say he just lost the battle of competition, but the thing is that most likely Lekavicius' abilities haven't decreased a bit, maybe contrary. The problem is he doesn't have the role in EL, or it is very inconsistent. 12minutes and 2 shots per game is not a role, it's chaos that you are being thrown in. Yet Lekavicius deals with that extremely effective - 50% from 2, 60% from 3, 80% FT. In 3 games when he played more than 15 minutes, he averaging 11pts. He is red hot and simply is not played enough. IMO, he should be fine, be it PAO or other EL team. I just hoped that PAO's coach would at least give him 20 minutes per game, It's a bit sad, but fair situation because PAO has even better guards than Lekavicius is at the moment. He would be absolutely beasting along with Pangos in Zalgiris at the moment, but hopefully this situation only will accelerate his progress and will make him even bigger hard worker. Yet a good game in A1 today.
        On the contrary to your contrary , the last game i watched him play , which was Panos last euroleague game , he seemed lost and out of his place. So maybe them 12 minutes he gets it's all he deserves , because he no way looks like 300k plus a year player . He looks like a guy who could have done with another year or two in Zalgiris . Having said that , all i meant is that Gudaitis looks like he could have done without them 2 years away from euroleague ,as in he was ready back then .

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
          On the contrary to your contrary , the last game i watched him play , which was Panos last euroleague game , he seemed lost and out of his place. So maybe them 12 minutes he gets it's all he deserves , because he no way looks like 300k plus a year player . He looks like a guy who could have done with another year or two in Zalgiris . Having said that , all i meant is that Gudaitis looks like he could have done without them 2 years away from euroleague ,as in he was ready back then .
          Your contrary to my contrary is not exactly a contra-argument cause that's exactly the question of a role that i talked about. When a plaeyr knows he has few minutes to show up, he's stressed out, he's not confident and Lukas is a young anxious PG. Yet when he has coach's trust he is able to drop 30 against TOP opposition in EL. That's all about the role. Those tiny roles for PG is extremely hard, it's very hard to cover them. If Pascual wants consistency and solidity from Lukas, he should give him credit and play exceeded minutes for quite few games, than he'll deliver. But he doesn't have that luxury and maybe doesn't even need that cause Calathes is playing his BB ever and so on. Lukas will be fine, IMO, as I said. He won't play much this season, but he will show up here and there and next season will be even a better player, hopefully in other club which will need him more.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Your contrary to my contrary is not exactly a contra-argument cause that's exactly the question of a role that i talked about. When a plaeyr knows he has few minutes to show up, he's stressed out, he's not confident and Lukas is a young anxious PG. Yet when he has coach's trust he is able to drop 30 against TOP opposition in EL. That's all about the role. Those tiny roles for PG is extremely hard, it's very hard to cover them. If Pascual wants consistency and solidity from Lukas, he should give him credit and play exceeded minutes for quite few games, than he'll deliver. But he doesn't have that luxury and maybe doesn't even need that cause Calathes is playing his BB ever and so on. Lukas will be fine, IMO, as I said. He won't play much this season, but he will show up here and there and next season will be even a better player, hopefully in other club which will need him more.
            With all respect to you mate , and you know i have one for you , you again go back to your " i talked about it , matter is closed because i said so and so" .
            The fact is that Lukas is not playing well at all . Or is he ? I honestly do not know . Had he stayed in Zalgiris , he would have had 20-25 minutes per game at least , and there would be no Dee in our team as well .
            The last game vs Zalgiris did not add any credits to his game as well .

Comment

Lukas is doing just fine. First year in the team, right after injury, with Calates playing very well. He will be better next year.

Imo playing 12 mins for Pao is better then being main pg in some Neptunas.

Comment

Kuzminskas chose the worst team in euroleague. Not ambicious at all, great athlete , weak character.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                  Kuzminskas chose the worst team in euroleague. Not ambicious at all, great athlete , weak character.
                  That's why he never was and never will be the leader. He is simply not that type. Being EL's elite clubs option he took Armani...took the money instead of a chance to fight for the trophy.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Good thing is that he will not drag the alpha male level of Zalgiris down. You guys dodged a bullet
                    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

trololol, all this "alpha male" talk makes me cringe so bad lmao...

Comment

There was very interesting discussion in "Gincas" show yesterday about Maciulis and Ulanovas. Very divided opinions on who is the better player. Recommended for everyone.
                        At the same time its curious what do you guys think? Who would you want in Zalgiris next season, baring in mind that both players would cost the same?

Comment

Last year my pick for the year would have been Jonas Mačiulis. For next year though it's Edgaras Ulanovas. Time flies, and things change.

I'd like to see what Mačiulis can still do given playing time. Hopefully he signs with a club that needs him within a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                            Imo (Lekavičiu) playing 12 mins for Pao is better then being main pg in some Neptunas.
                            That's why he(Kuzminskas) never was and never will be the leader. He is simply not that type. Being EL's elite clubs option he took Armani...took the money instead of a chance to fight for the trophy.
                            You fellows are ignoring playing time as a consideration, and that is indeed an important consideration for athletes. At least it would be for me were I any kind of an athlete.

Comment

Easy choice for me as well. I dont see Maciulis being as effective now as he used to be and also I dont think that Ulanovas has reached his ceiling.

Comment

Jankunas 5th best all time scorer of Euroleague now. 56pts separates him from Marcus Brown who stands at 4.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information