Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lithuanians in Euroleague

Pistons remaining being crazy (they added 3 more players to training camp after the media day, just to avoid uncomfortable questions, while there's no spots in the roster anymore). And irrational story with Sirvydis and Pistons continues as well. I like the comparison with Furkan Korkmaz though. If Sirvydis would stick for couple of really solid G league seasons, I think he would eventually snatch some role in the NBA if he's not a bust.

What makes his continued presence with Detroit perplexing is, there is no result that does not make the Pistons management look bad.

1.If Sirvydis actually makes the Pistons, why was he cut to begin with? You didn’t open up a roster spot, because Sirvydis would still be on the roster.
    2,Even if Sirvydis ends up with the G-League Motor City Cruise, again, what is the point? The G-League is to develop into NBA players. The Pistons have already decided Sirvydis is not a prospect for them. Again, if Sirvydis does look good enough to call up to the Pistons, they look bad for cutting him in the first place.
    3. If Syrvidis is simply released at the end of camp, what was the point of having him return for training camp and summer league? You cut him, so, to quote noted basketball expert Elsa from ‘Frozen’: Let it go.

Thrown into the mix, is the fact that Sirvydis’ agent is Michael Tellen, the son of Pistons vice chairman Arn Tellen. Does it mean anything? Didn’t mean enough to stop Sirvydis from getting released to begin with.

Personally, I thought Sirvydis showed some nice flashes at the end of the season, and I would have kept him on the roster. He is 20-years-old, 6-foot-8 and has a nice shooting touch. Furkan Korkmaz of the 76ers has played in the league for a while with similar skills and size.

https://pistonpowered.com/2021/09/28...idas-sirvydis/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Sedekerskis' career high, 15pts, 22ef. Perfect from the field and finally a win for Baskonia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjBG...annel=Baskonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Nice game from Tadas...Still the most physically imposing and athletic lith player currently - hopefully he's finally turning a corner in his career and will become a complete player for his club and our NT

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789