Lithuanians in Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are third from Europeans in points scored in EL:

Points cored: Ignas Brazdeikis (111), Edgaras Ulanovas (98), Rokas Giedraitis (88), Donatas Motiejūnas (79), Artūras Gudaitis (75), Marius Grigonis (74), Tadas Sedekerskis (64), Tomas Dimša (62), Lukas Lekavičius (62), Rokas Jokubaitis (55), Arnas Butkevičius (47), Laurynas Birutis (33) ir Karolis Lukošiūnas (6).

Basketnews.lt source.

PS: It's crazy that Dimsa scored as much as Lekavicius and more than Jokubaitis.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Dimsa is helping zalgiris more than Strelnieks/Webster disasters did last season.More importantly is not his pts,but defence he shows is way better than other NT players like Brazdeikis,R.Giedraitis,Lekavicius shows.

From top 5 scorers 2 C dont get place in NT because we 2 have nba centers,3rd is not really welcome anymore by fans ?

7th on list coaching staff didnt wanted him and he was only one euroleague real PF position player.

We have alot of one sided players with obviuos minuses right now and its difficult to built team that fits and works together.

Coaching staff job is to find 9 men rotation that makes sense together for 2023.
      Last edited by Shawshank; 11-29-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• OK, so T. Sedekerskis is the most efficient Lithuanian in EL among guys who plays outside Zalgiris. 11,1eff. He shoots 2s 77.8% and 3s 35.3%. It's time to give him a role at 4 in the NT.

In comparison Sedekerskis is more efficient than ex Barca's player Rolands Smits who has 9,1eff and shoots threes 29% (takes tons of them though).

Sedekerskis is second most valuable overall after Ulanovas who's having really good season, 13.6eff

If I was the coach, I project NT starting 5 for 2023 like this ATM:

Jokubaitis
        Grigonis
        Ulanovas
        Sedekerskis
        Sabonis

I would hope Sedekerskis would nail open three here and there, Ulanovas too. Ulanovas this season showed more offensive versatility than I thought he has. If he can bring that to the NT, it would be pretty nice.

Generally, I see only Sabonis as a starting level piece, but 4 quality EL role players are not the worst thing to build around. At least ATM.
        Last edited by Straight forward; 12-23-2022, 11:02 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Last 2 games in EL:

17, 17eff

Sedekerskis starting to brake out or just a good stretch? He's still 24 so not even reaching his prime yet, but probably about time to brake out. Maybe prime Sedekerskis won't be all that bad player after all. Has a chance to have at least Maciulis' career.

Toda la información también en:Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/baskonia1959​​ Twitter: https://twitter.com/Baskonia​​Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/...
          Last edited by Straight forward; 12-23-2022, 11:47 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            Sedekerskis Has a chance to have at least Maciulis' career.
            What's this ''at least'' is supposed to mean? 4 medals with NT and EL champ. A monster game in play offs saving NT's ass and big points in the end of EL final. The best defensive Lith player. Are you sure that ''at least'' are the right words?

Comment

• Hell Brazdeikis with every month looks worse and worse.

I like Iggy the most in June when he was showing fantastic offensive individual skills, in eurobasket already was obviuos he has long way to go to start playing smart basketball.

But what is happening in November/December is beyond any my believes. He is not improving at all.

All he does now in every game shoot shots every time he can,dont get teams defensive rotations at all and argue with coaches in every game like some superstar.

For those 600k Zalgiris could buy Evans-2 level SG .So far Brazdeikis huge dissapointment i had no clue he is such a brainless player even after watching him in eurobasket.

Kazys today also rather putting Dimsa,Giedraitis even Lukosiunas atleast they dont destroy how team want to play.

I hope is just difficult learning progress,but my god if Iggy would be foreigner i dont even wanna imagine what kinda talks would go his way being best paid player and look like player coach dont even trust anymore.

ps. Evans plays like elite euroleague guard 21pts in first half wow and making almost everything. Give such level guard to LTU NT would be in semifinals.

Comment

• It's sucks not to see a single name among top 20 EL players:

PS: I think there are names not better than Grigonis, Jokubaitis, Ulanovas. Mike Kotsar f.e.

Anyway, our situation is very clear. We lack elite players in the EL. Bunch of good role players, but you have to get some elite pieces one or another way. There's no way we can't have them when at some point we had Saras, Macas, Siska, Stomba and even Kaukenas playing at the same time. This shit gonna change and it will happen this decade.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It's sucks not to see a single name among top 20 EL players:

PS: I think there are names not better than Grigonis, Jokubaitis, Ulanovas. Mike Kotsar f.e.

Anyway, our situation is very clear. We lack elite players in the EL. Bunch of good role players, but you have to get some elite pieces one or another way. There's no way we can't have them when at some point we had Saras, Macas, Siska, Stomba and even Kaukenas playing at the same time. This shit gonna change and it will happen this decade.
                  Finally you got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                    What's this ''at least'' is supposed to mean? 4 medals with NT and EL champ. A monster game in play offs saving NT's ass and big points in the end of EL final. The best defensive Lith player. Are you sure that ''at least'' are the right words?
                    Well, I meant club career primarily. It seems like now Sedekerskis slowly working his way up to becoming a role player of either Barca/Real, which was the ceiling of Maciulis' club career. I say at least cause we are talking about the guy who was projected as first rounder for several years and dominated Youth basketball more than J. Maciulis.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                      Finally you got it.
                      No worries. 2-3 more years of mediocrity in EL and elite guys will be emerging.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

No worries. 2-3 more years of mediocrity in EL and elite guys will be emerging.
                        I hope so otherwise you wont be able to compete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          I hope so otherwise you wont be able to compete.
                          No Turkish guards dropping 20ppg in Youth tournaments or winning EL Rising Star awards though...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Sedekerskis starting to brake out or just a good stretch? He's still 24 so not even reaching his prime yet, but probably about time to brake out. Maybe prime Sedekerskis won't be all that bad player after all. Has a chance to have at least Maciulis' career.
                            Watching Sedekerskis in ACB tonight. The best version I've seen so far, he's progressing. Not too fast, but progressing. He's quicker decision maker offensively than ever was now, i like that he finds his teammates which quick decisions, his athleticism slowly reaching his prime, moves really smoothly on the court with lengthy athletic body. Hope he will still add a bit more aggressiveness coming to his prime and he should be pretty nice player. He must make 2023 NT.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Watching Sedekerskis in ACB tonight. The best version I've seen so far, he's progressing. Not too fast, but progressing. He's quicker decision maker offensively than ever was now, i like that he finds his teammates which quick decisions, his athleticism slowly reaching his prime, moves really smoothly on the court with lengthy athletic body. Hope he will still add a bit more aggressiveness coming to his prime and he should be pretty nice player. He must make 2023 NT.
                              And here comes the highlights:

Toda la información también en:Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/baskonia1959​​ Twitter: https://twitter.com/Baskonia​​Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Giedraitis finally had a good game - 21 pts (26 PIR) against Real.

And i more or less liked Motiejunas against Zalgiris - not everything fall in the basket, but he was active and eliminated Hayes from he game in 3rd quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information