No announcement yet.

Lithuanians in Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think it's time recognise that Sederskis snatched a role in EL team finally. Even though he is not scoring at all, he is bringing his big body on defensive end. Curious how he will proceed further. A bit sad that he looks this passive and does not defined role on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
      Well I think it's time recognise that Sederskis snatched a role in EL team finally. Even though he is not scoring at all, he is bringing his big body on defensive end. Curious how he will proceed further. A bit sad that he looks this passive and does not defined role on offense.
      Might be psychological thing, cause even last season in Neptunas, where he was one of the leaders, he took some 5 shots per game on average... and guy definitely has good touch and can score. That's worrisome

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        Might be psychological thing, cause even last season in Neptunas, where he was one of the leaders, he took some 5 shots per game on average... and guy definitely has good touch and can score. That's worrisome
        I think you got it spot on here and kid just doesn't seem to have the right mentality and aggression for succeeding in professional sports ..he always seems timid, passive and even confused offensively, and I don't really think that's gonna go away either...

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          I think you got it spot on here and kid just doesn't seem to have the right mentality and aggression for succeeding in professional sports ..he always seems timid, passive and even confused offensively, and I don't really think that's gonna go away either...
          He's starting on EL team, that's pretty professional IMHO
          /nitpicking
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Sedekerskis with another good game. But look at Baskonia. They at 13th spot. We thought Giedraitis landed to EL powerhouse prett much, soon he will stand in the same position as with Alba in previous season.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Sedekerskis is defensive role player any winning team needs,Tadas turned 23 as basketball history formula shows and he can start helping even on seriuos level by that point.

But in Baskonia team star power is not good enough to win in euroleague.

euroleague through 6 to 12 will be dog fights in remaining 15 games.

How lately Fene,Efes and Maccabi started balling Zalgiris and Bayern will need to finish with atleast 18-19 wins overall to secure their places in playoofs or big dogs will overtake smaller ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Sedekerskis with another good game. But look at Baskonia. They at 13th spot. We thought Giedraitis landed to EL powerhouse prett much, soon he will stand in the same position as with Alba in previous season.
                Baskonia is hardly a powerhouse, maybe it was back in early 00s, but now they are simply PO contenders. No matter current EL positions, its still step forward compared to Alba, also bearing in mind strength of local league

Comment

I hope Zalgiris will take down Baskonia. I want Dusko gone. The guy is nuts with over running his players in the practices. It might hurt Sedekerskis in the first place. Baskonia sucks, Dusko never was a good coach in the first place (all legends as Scola, Macas trashing him...). He gave some chances to Sedekerskis recently, but the guy is ready to play under any coach and probably more than he does now.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

2020/2021

Euroleague averages

M.Grigonis 27min 14,5pts eff. 15,1
                    L.Lekavicius 18min 7,5pts eff. 8,7
                    R.Jokubaitis 20min 7,4pts eff. 7,9

A.Gudaitis 21min 10,7pts eff. 14,2
                    E.Ulanovas 20min 4,7pts eff. 4,9
                    R.Giedraitis 28min 11,3pts eff. 10,4
                    T.Sedekerskis 14min 3pts eff.5

Uleb

M.Kuzminskas 26min 12,3pts eff.13.5
                    M.Kalnietis 27min 7,8pts+7,3asist. eff.13,7
                    G.Masiulis 28min 11,5pts eff.14,5

6 euroleague players, 2 Uleb players, 2 nba players thats basically 10 locks in olympic team.

Sedekerskis,Maciulis,Butkevicius,Masiulis,Bendzius main candidates take last 2 spots.
                    Last edited by Shawshank; 01-31-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Doubt Butkevicius stands a chance. We already have Ulanovas. Butkevicius besides him would make our SF section too similar and one dimensional. Kuzminskas has a record of success in NT, Butkevicius barely has.

IMO, we'll see this scheme as I posted in NT thread:

Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Kalnietis
                      Grigonis, R.Giedraitis
                      Ulanovas, Kuzminskas
                      Sabonis, Sedekerskis, Whoever
                      Valanciunas, Gudaitis

The only other scenario what I would seriously consider if was a coach, it's to let Kuz go and to use R. Giedraitis in his place. Now Giedraitis probably is even more vital offensively than Kuzminskas and I think a better defender at SF than Kuzminskas. This way we would open up one spot for another true guard which would be Velicka in my book. You know that I'm fan of pro guard lineups and would be looking forward to use Grigonis and Giedraitis at SF while having another 2 guards on the court, expanding creativity and scoring punch. The problem is that it's a bit risky cause Giedraitis never proved himself yet in NT and Kuz gives another PF option in force majeure scenarios. I wouldn't consider to let go R. Giedraitis because he's simply too good these days and balling in EL. In this case I would use Jokubaitis similarly like Shiller does (more as 2 who plays p'n'r and so on) and Velicka at the point. So I would see something like that, using Jokuabitis at both 1/2 and Lekavicius strictly at 2 (besides it's all blurred these days to some degree in the backcourt). Have in mind that I pretty much project Jokubaitis to be a better player already than Lekavicius.

Kalnietis, Velicka,
                      Grigonis, Jokubaitis, Lekavicius
                      Ulanovas, R. Giedraitis
                      Sabonis, Sedekerskis, unknown
                      Valanciunas, Gudaitis

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Maybe nominally not the strongest Lithuania of all times but a damn hard team to play. Man I really would chose anyone else in Europe in a knock out game. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                          Maybe nominally not the strongest Lithuania of all times but a damn hard team to play. Man I really would chose anyone else in Europe in a knock out game. Literally.
                          Even Spain and France? This is gonna be close from now own, but I still surely give an edge to these teams. Fully packed, those still have more talent and some difference makers like Fournier, Rubio, or even some Rodriguez, Lull.

Lithuania is on the growing path, but these Olympics, if we make it, still to me like a transitional phase. We are close, but not yet to be among true contenders. USA, Serbia, Spain, France, Australia and at least normally packed Canada are most legit contenders now, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Even Spain and France. I have nightmares of games where you have beaten us up like shit in the past and won on grind. I am 100% real when I say I would like more playing Spain than Lithuania. France is a different pair of shoes as they really have a hard time against us. We simply don't fit them well.

I think this team of you has incredible potential for playing a great tournament. But as I wrote to Mindozas, first of all let's qualify and then let's avoid each other

Comment

STF i know you see only offensive side ,but playing Lekavicius at 2 and Jokubaitis we gonna get burned by best world sg every single game,i mean every.There is no chance that rookie 20 kid or 1m80 super small Lukas has a chance in defence against them.

Grigonis will play 30min as SG in every playoof type game either way.

There is reasons by Walkup is playing 25min in euroleague and guarding all the toughest guards.Who gonna play defence from backourt players?

Who will be Seibutis/Walkup? Thats alone why i give Butkevicius decent chance making the team.We need help defending perimeter .

We cant have like 5 offensive backourt players and no extra options to stop anybody in those positions.We were killed by backourt players in last few years and not adress that is just being blind.

Kuzminskas i feel his best years already passed,so i dont argue too much about him.In older years player have to rely on brain and character more,Kuz always relied on his athletics. I could live without watching once again how he pushed around like some kid every game.

That Maciulis still is higher in pecking order than Sedekerskis on most NT people eyes im sure.

I believe critical matchup for last spot will be between Sedekerskis vs Butkevicius. They bring similiar things all around game and defence,but Butkevicius is more suited help guarding smaller players.But Tadas give defence in PF that NT also need. It will be tough call.

If Walkup would be lithuanian he would lock for NT.Such tough nose perimeter defender NT need badly.
                              Last edited by Shawshank; 01-31-2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Jugoslavia/Serbia always had more individual tallent,but Liths always fighted them hard.

Serbia is big,tough team that is very physical and win playoofs game with that element. Lithuanians dont mind grinding and fighting in such game we wont back down.Even in bad tournaments for us we match up well with Serbia style.

From 3 basketball giants Spain,France,Serbia .Serbia is best matchup for LTU.

Liths have way more problems guarding those Spains soft,but very skilled guards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information