Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Fiba Asian Championships Are Junk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinoycyberwebs
    FIBA ASIA suck! Game is Fixed!

I still remember Philippines V Iran! That game is Fixed! That referee is a good friend of iranian coach!

I will not respect FIBA! shame on you FIBA!
    if all Filipinos will have that kind of mentality..then our basketball will never grow at par with Asia's best..LOL..blaming everything on variables which are constantly out-of-hand is a recipe for disaster
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
      does half-bred sounds animalistic? oh, I'm sorry for the term, but I don't see anything foul about it though.
      it sounds like your talking about a dog or a horse. half-blood is fine. if you don't find anything offensive about it, then good for you. but others will and do find it offensive. nothing against you though. peace

Comment

Originally posted by joel23
        Hey hey i'm not agree with you guys. Why Carlos Loyzaga is half-Filipino-Spanish?
        well he has Basque lineage but still he's pure pinoy 'cause he's born here in the PH with Filipino parents. Its like saying that Atoy Co or Samboy Lim is half Filipino and Half Chinese which is not because both of their parents are Filipino citizen even if they descended from Chinese immigrants.
        you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by budz17
          it sounds like your talking about a dog or a horse. half-blood is fine. if you don't find anything offensive about it, then good for you. but others will and do find it offensive. nothing against you though. peace
          well, I'm not into pets, sorry I have no idea.
          It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
          I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

It should be born in the land only.
            What if the baby was born on the sea or by air

Comment

FIBA is the law of European ballers...

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC33
                I can't say this to team USA, because nobody on Team USA now would not believe that they are not Americans. I live in America, and if I said this to any basketball fan here on the streets of America, they would not believe me and they would laugh at me. I understand what you mean, but obviously most Americans do not now believe that they are using naturalized players. The American players who are on their USA Senior National Team obviously of course do not even think that they are naturalized players either by now, and that they are not 100% American. So, it wouldn't work, even if you said this to Americans, because they do not believe that they are naturalizing anyone anymore, even if they wrongly forced certain minorities into their country to use as slaves before.
                You either have a short memory or a highly selective one. The US HAS used naturalized players, and they've been acknowledged as such. Even the most inbred redneck can't deny that Hakeem Olajuwon is Nigerian, his name and accent just scream it. And yet he played for Team USA, and was accepted by the American public. Or less well known is the fact that Patrick Ewing was originally Bahamanian. (Tim Duncan doesn't count, btw, since Virgin Islanders have US citizenship).
                First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Hand Grenade
                  You either have a short memory or a highly selective one. The US HAS used naturalized players, and they've been acknowledged as such. Even the most inbred redneck can't deny that Hakeem Olajuwon is Nigerian, his name and accent just scream it. And yet he played for Team USA, and was accepted by the American public. Or less well known is the fact that Patrick Ewing was originally Bahamanian. (Tim Duncan doesn't count, btw, since Virgin Islanders have US citizenship).
                  Yah Hakeem Olajuwon is Nigerian, Ewing is Jamaican, Duncan is Virgin Island, Rolando Blackman is Panama. I mentioned they've US Citizens...

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC33
                    Well...I don't want to argue with you, I guess we all can have our different opinions and still get along. I know that if other teams are naturalizing players in the next Asian Championships that eventually China will do the same. I just hope that if any of us makes it to the next level of international play, (I mean the World Championships), that the other countries don't lose respect for us that we do such a thing. I mean, I am an American, and if I thought of such a thing watching the FIBA-ASIA Championships, then I know that some people of other countries might think the same thing.

I mean, I hate to tell you this, since I know that you are all here on this message board for a different reason, but rankings are junk. It doesn't matter if you are 1st--which Lebanon might be at the end of this Asian Championships or 16th, like the United Arab Emirates, we are all equal. When judging someone, things all depend upon the person as an individual anyway.

And I would like to apologize for the behavior of some of my fellow Chinese posters here, I think that some of their responses were too much. I mean, when I read some of their responses to what some of the supporters of the RP National Team said, I was cringing that they actually said some of the stuff that they actually said to you guys. I think somne of them care about this stuff too much.
                    oh...that fatpanda guy...
                    good essay man... i think they should ban fully foreign players, but not half-blood players...
                    NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

FIBA is the law of European ballers...
                      exactly! its french name also! no wonder why they always win, south americans also!
                      NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Originally posted by onono1
                        What if the baby was born on the sea or by air
                        HAHAHA!!! LOL ka talaga!
                        trans: very funny

sorry for triple post...
                        NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Whoops! You're right, I'm sorry, I actually did not know that before you mentioned it. I actually thought that when Dinamita meationed naturalized players on the Team USA Team, that he was talking about slavery when he said that, and I misunderstaood what he truly meant. Now I agree with Dinamita in his original post, and I think that the standard should be applied equally to everyone, and that Team USA has no right to use foreign-born naturalized players on their national basketball team either. But I stll believe that my original post was valid, and I believe that naturalized players should not be used in any FIBA-sanctioned basketball tournament, because it tends to shift the odds in another teams favor, especially if the naturalized player is very good, and so I believe that FIBA should eliminate that rule from the rulebook, and should only allow contries to compete with whoever was genuinely born in their own country and/or who grew up in their own country.

Comment

So, speaking purely hypothetically, you'd be against it if Michael Chang (in his prime) offered to play for China in the Davis Cup? Or if Michelle Kwan offered to skate under the Chinese flag for the Winter Olympics?
                            First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Comment

So, speaking purely hypothetically, you'd be against it if Michael Chang (in his prime) offered to play for China in the Davis Cup? Or if Michelle Kwan offered to skate under the Chinese flag for the Winter Olympics?
                              Michael Chang and Michelle Kwan are both US Citizens. Both are Chinese blood but they're long lived in US. I remember Michael Chang lost to Filipino blood but long lived in US too Cecil Mamiit in Sybase Open. But Chang and Kwan cannot transfer to Chinese flag because the rule is play for only one country only there.

Comment

^
                                Dude, kaya nga "hypothecially."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information