Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Fiba Asian Championships Are Junk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holy Hand Grenade
    So, speaking purely hypothetically, you'd be against it if Michael Chang (in his prime) offered to play for China in the Davis Cup? Or if Michelle Kwan offered to skate under the Chinese flag for the Winter Olympics?
    Well, yeah, I think that I'd be against it if Michael Chang in his prime offered to play for China in the Davis Cup, and if Michelle Kwan offered to skate under the Chinese flag for the Winter Olympics, because in my opinion, they are not native-born Chinese, they are Chinese Americans, and China must learn to stand and win on its own, with its own athletes. I'm not in favor of a double-standard, and I think that the rules should be enforced equally on everyone all across the board.

Comment

We would all like to see Leroy's idea come true, but there is one problem: if FIBA decides to ban naturalized players from NT's, they would get sued by many players and all kinds of human-rights organizations because of discrimination, since naturalized citizens have the same rights as native citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoycyberwebs
        FIBA ASIA suck! Game is Fixed!

I still remember Philippines V Iran! That game is Fixed! That referee is a good friend of iranian coach!

I will not respect FIBA! shame on you FIBA!
        woah, hold on their cowboy, we lost that game fair and square, you make us pinoys sound like conspiracy theorists, yes, may be the Amercians didnt land on the moon, JFK was assassinated by Aliens and Richard Nixon is an alien...

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC33
          Well, yeah, I think that I'd be against it if Michael Chang in his prime offered to play for China in the Davis Cup, and if Michelle Kwan offered to skate under the Chinese flag for the Winter Olympics, because in my opinion, they are not native-born Chinese, they are Chinese Americans, and China must learn to stand and win on its own, with its own athletes. I'm not in favor of a double-standard, and I think that the rules should be enforced equally on everyone all across the board.
          what is your opinion of the Chinese Equestrian team? I believe they were half British or Britons and half Chinese and most live in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishmael
            woah, hold on their cowboy, we lost that game fair and square, you make us pinoys sound like conspiracy theorists, yes, may be the Amercians didnt land on the moon, JFK was assassinated by Aliens and Richard Nixon is an alien...
            what are you talking about?You said " we lost fair and square". What was discussing is the the 2007 FIBA ASIA championships not the just concluded FIBA ASIA youth championships.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

lets close this thread again, its already dead and majority of the postewrs here have already moved on
              you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by Sakamoto
                what are you talking about?You said " we lost fair and square". What was being discussed is the the 2007 FIBA ASIA championships and not the just concluded FIBA ASIA youth championships.
                Yes we did, I watched the game and we did lose fair and square. it is my opinion and I see it as it is. The Iranian team improved game to game hence their lose to Lebanon was turned into victory in the finals.

By the way corrected your syntax and grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                  if having half-breds is a crime..then RP NT is guilty..LOLZ

well I guess the flames already died down on this thread..
                  Bro we could not help it as the great majority of the Philippine population is half-breds. We are more open to marriage to different nationalities. We are not particular into ethnic divisions as we can interact with anybody. Caloy Loyzaga has Spanish blood. Sonny Jaworski has Polish blood. Freddie Webb has American blood. Samboy Lim has Chinese blood. ..... Asi Taulava has Tongan blood. Hehehe Filipinos are everywhere.
                  LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                  Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                  THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information