Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Fiba Asian Championships Are Junk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeroyC33
    Well...I don't want to argue with you, I guess we all can have our different opinions and still get along. I know that if other teams are naturalizing players in the next Asian Championships that eventually China will do the same. I just hope that if any of us makes it to the next level of international play, (I mean the World Championships), that the other countries don't lose respect for us that we do such a thing. I mean, I am an American, and if I thought of such a thing watching the FIBA-ASIA Championships, then I know that some people of other countries might think the same thing.

I mean, I hate to tell you this, since I know that you are all here on this message board for a different reason, but rankings are junk. It doesn't matter if you are 1st--which Lebanon might be at the end of this Asian Championships or 16th, like the United Arab Emirates, we are all equal. When judging someone, things all depend upon the person as an individual anyway.

And I would like to apologize for the behavior of some of my fellow Chinese posters here, I think that some of their responses were too much. I mean, when I read some of their responses to what some of the supporters of the RP National Team said, I was cringing that they actually said some of the stuff that they actually said to you guys. I think somne of them care about this stuff too much.

CARE TOO MUCH? Dude this is a basketball forum, of course posters here are going to care too much about their basketball team. This is not a COMPLAINING FORUM, which what you are doing right now. You got the best best basketball team in Asia, get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
      is that guy banned yet or what? can we got an ip search on him and see if it stemming from another member in these threads....
      I don't know about that ----, he hasn't logged-in for quite a while.. maybe he's using his other pseudo-accounts..who knows..
      Last edited by rikhardur; 08-04-2007, 07:57 PM. Reason: No need for that
      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by zupermann
        [/B]

CARE TOO MUCH? Dude this is a basketball forum, of course posters here are going to care too much about their basketball team. This is not a COMPLAINING FORUM, which what you are doing right now. You got the best best basketball team in Asia, get over it!
        OK, perhaps you're right.

Comment

Fine, fine, fine...I don't mean to argue with you. I guess if everything were perfectly righteous, at least some of the rules that I suggested would be followed and implemented, but since nothing is ideal on this Earth but individuals, I will just leave it at that.

Plus, on that note, I believe that if all things were perfect, I think that there is one other great wrong in terms of the rules of FIBA for Asia, as another poster previously mentioned, and that is that Asia has only 1 slot to the World Championships. I think that that is just junk and unfair. I mean, if you look at FIBA-Oceana, they also have 1 slot. And, if you followed the results of the Stankovic Cup in China, then you know that the 2nd best team in Oceana, New Zealand, was beaten by China by 30 points, so the talent level difference between New Zealand and Australia, which wins that region's FIBA-Oceana slot to the World Championships year after year is great. And yet, they only give FIBA-ASIA, a land of billions and billions of people, only 1 slot to the World Championships. They justify it by saying that they give only 1 slot to Asia because of the talent level, but I think that that is ridiculous, and is full of racism, prejudice, and racist contempt, and lack of belief of the equality of Asians by FIBA for Asians, which I think is wrong. I believe that FIBA should be multinationally run, not just run by mostly Europeans at trhe very top.
          maybe Asia needs to prove more, and thats what your China Team A is doing now, showing the other regions the Asian Style of play. promoting our Continent in terms of Basketball improvement.
          Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
            ah you mean taipan guy saying FUCK YOU FILIPINOS..lolz

that's ok, it was so childish and uncalled for
            Yeah, hahaha. I am laughing because it was embarrassing to us. I am a full-blooded Chinese person, and those crazy Chinese posters made us look so bad. I apologize to you for all of what they said. I mean, even if some of the Philippine NT team supporters started it, so what? They should have reacted with forbearance, tolerance, and humility, and instead they reacted with vengefulness and arrogance. Give me a break. They went too far, they shouldn't have said what they said, and they shouldn't have reacted at all. I mean, in my opinion, even if China were 75th out of 75th place at the bottom of FIBA's basketball rankings, they wouldn't be inferior or worse than anyone, and even if China were 1st in FIBA's rankings, they wouldn't be better or higher than anyone at all. We are still all equal, no matter who is better at basketball, and besides different people are better at different things anyway, I mean, look at the great Philippine boxer Manny "Pac Man the Destroyer" Pacquiao. He is a great boxer. And certainly the best in his weight division in Asia. So, just ignore those posters next time, think nothing of it, and just continue on with your conversation as if they didn't exist if they post more inflammatory or obnoxious messages next time.

Comment

I think deep down inside in your heart of hearts and sould of souls you know that it IS cheating, Karim, even though you seem to be willing to do anything to win, all for the glory of Lebanon. I mean Joe Vogel 15 rebounds? 6 Offensive? I mean he helped Lebanon to win the game over Korea. In fact, he was instrumental in helping Lebanon win. Daniel Sandrin also should not be there on the South Korean side, he helped them also. Those 2 players should be taken out, and they should do a rematch over again. All I know is that VERY FEW European or Latin American powerhouse basketball Nation Teams do this and use this tactic. It is dirty and underhanded, and that is part of the reason why. And I think that honestly that if China should do such a thing, especially at the guard spots, that they would do better against international competition, even outside Asia. I mean, imagine if they naturalized a Jason Kidd, or even a retired Gary Payton, then I think that China would do better even against the great European and Latin American powerhouse basketball teams, and then I think that they would win even more. They might just do that in the future, as more and more countries are doing it around the world, not just in Asia. But then it wouldn't truly be them that won, would it? And then their victory would truly be hollow, and not their own victory of their ownb people.
              man china is more than 1 billion which means u will find somehow 12 players who can win everything...we lebanese are only 4 million so yes i believe naturalizing a player is good for small countires like ours

Comment

Taipan is a racist, he hates every letter posted by a Filipino here in this forum..anyway, I'm not racial, I even criticize and argue with my own race. how I wish more educated and well-mannered Asian will come and invade IBN.
                I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Yeah, hahaha. I am laughing because it was embarrassing to us. I am a full-blooded Chinese person, and those crazy Chinese posters made us look so bad. I apologize to you for all of what they said. I mean, even if some of the Philippine NT team supporters started it, so what? They should have reacted with forbearance, tolerance, and humility, and instead they reacted with vengefulness and arrogance. Give me a break. They went too far, they shouldn't have said what they said, and they shouldn't have reacted at all. I mean, in my opinion, even if China were 75th out of 75th place at the bottom of FIBA's basketball rankings, they wouldn't be inferior or worse than anyone, and even if China were 1st in FIBA's rankings, they wouldn't be better or higher than anyone at all. We are still all equal, no matter who is better at basketball, and besides different people are better at different things anyway, I mean, look at the great Philippine boxer Manny "Pac Man the Destroyer" Pacquiao. He is a great boxer. And certainly the best in his weight division in Asia. So, just ignore those posters next time, think nothing of it, and just continue on with your conversation as if they didn't exist if they post more inflammatory or obnoxious messages next time.
                  I mean, I hate to say this to those Chinese posters, but even if other people attacked you first and put you down first, revenge and arrogance are bad things. I hope some of them read this, I know that some of them will attack me for being "soft" and "weak" for what I say after reading this, but I believe that it is just the opposite, a TRUE MAN can take anything and bear any burden without complaint. He doesn't respond to every little attack that other people do to him, and he doesn't just explode because other people don't agree with him. Besides, if he is right, then the truth will prove itself, even if other people don't believe it or see it. This is just something for those Chinese posters to read, just so those flame wars don't take up the whole board again, and posters don't dominate the whole board with their fighting and turn the board into a worse place for everyone.

Comment

Taipan is a racist, he hates every letter posted by a Filipino here in this forum..anyway, I'm not racial, I even criticize and argue with my own race. how I wish more educated and well-mannered Asian will come and invade IBN.
                    man i really repect u...i've read a lot of ur quotes and u always talk with reason and not offending anyone......i really respect ur opinion and ur behavior

Comment

Originally posted by zouz
                      man china is more than 1 billion which means u will find somehow 12 players who can win everything...we lebanese are only 4 million so yes i believe naturalizing a player is good for small countires like ours
                      Well, OK. I guess that as long as the rule is applied to everyone, (which I know that it is), then it is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by zouz
                        man i really repect u...i've read a lot of ur quotes and u always talk with reason and not offending anyone......i really respect ur opinion and ur behavior
                        well, thanks Lebanese bro

Comment

well, thanks Lebanese bro
                          no problem

Comment

Sure vogel is one of important player in Lebanon but many countries used the naturalizion like Russia,Lebanon,Jordan,Quatar,Japan,Korea and Rp have a lot of mix-blood.
                            Anyway btw Lebanon 4 millions people and china the largest population in the world big different.
                            And one player will not changed all the team if these team isn't good.Like lebanon joe vogel not only in our team,el khatib and all the players have an equal in importance.

The naturalizion are used also in many sports, like germany in football,Quatar in atheltic, .....
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

if having half-breds is a crime..then RP NT is guilty..LOLZ

well I guess the flames already died down on this thread..

Comment

OT - on a lighter note..

Manny " Pacman " Pacquiao vs. Marco Antonio Barrera II
                                October 6, 2007 at Las Vegas, Nevada
                                Live PPV
                                once again showing that he is a proud Asian!
                                Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information