Puerto Rico at Las Vegas 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waneko
    I read somewhere that Santiago announced he will not play for the national team so he can focus on "other aspects" of his basketball career. What is his problem? That is going to hurt Puerto Rico's chances. There is a serious drop-off in talent at the center position.
    You are correct...he anounced his retiement from international play. In other words, he does not want to play for Puerto Rico. The NT will have to rely on Peter and Angelo in the center position and Valenzuela and Luis Villafañe will have to be developed. Villafañe has potential, but need to add more muscle weight...plus he is a smart player...in two years he could really help..Valenzuela could help right now because of his size...

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard
      You are correct...he anounced his retiement from international play. In other words, he does not want to play for Puerto Rico. The NT will have to rely on Peter and Angelo in the center position and Valenzuela and Luis Villafañe will have to be developed. Villafañe has potential, but need to add more muscle weight...plus he is a smart player...in two years he could really help..Valenzuela could help right now because of his size...
      He does not want to play for Manolo Cintron. Since 2004 rumor have been that something happend between danny, and former NT and Ponce Lions players eddie casiano boby joe hatton and the assistant coach ( at that time the head coach for the Lions, Manolo Cintron, now head coach). Many expeculated that he would not play for him. They were right.

The most concerning aspect is that PJ Ramos is a compulsive fouler. I hope he can control that. Too bad for Narvaez who is injured. Valenzuela need to play more.

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79
        He does not want to play for Manolo Cintron. Since 2004 rumor have been that something happend between danny, and former NT and Ponce Lions players eddie casiano boby joe hatton and the assistant coach ( at that time the head coach for the Lions, Manolo Cintron, now head coach). Many expeculated that he would not play for him. They were right.

The most concerning aspect is that PJ Ramos is a compulsive fouler. I hope he can control that. Too bad for Narvaez who is injured. Valenzuela need to play more.
        Whatever happened between them must have been pretty bad, otherwise it looks real petty. Puerto Rico is better off with Ramos on the bench. Angelo Reyes may be smaller but he is better all around player than Ramos who is not even a low post threat and can't block shots or rebound very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Waneko
          Whatever happened between them must have been pretty bad, otherwise it looks real petty. Puerto Rico is better off with Ramos on the bench. Angelo Reyes may be smaller but he is better all around player than Ramos who is not even a low post threat and can't block shots or rebound very well.
          Apparently Santiago gave a hard pick to Casiano, he fell to the floor and had some words with Santiago and started to get ugly, Manolo and BJ Hatton got involved. This is the part I am sure of.

Later some people said that what really happened after that was that manolo and BJ were trying to hold him/grab him (santiago) down to give Casiano a chance to hit him.
          Sound possible but i am not sure if it is 100% accurate.

BTW I think that Manolo is going to be out soon, sooner than any of his predecessors. The team does not have any plays and looks extremely disorganized. Although I give him credit of getting some new players involved and getting rid of puruco, fajardo, hatton and dalmau (although the last two had said they would not play for the NT anymore after the WC2006). They should get rid of vilella who is a white collar thief.

Individual offense is not the way to go. Morales will come back soon.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information