Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Basketball Game Ever

Default Best Basketball Game Ever

What is the basketball game that you enjoyed the most in your life?

Nba Live 95- I think it was the first game allowing people to play with the actual squads and the names, before then the team and players were made up due to to the copyright infringement. Besides that, The gameplay quality was a huge leap for that time, somehow i could never had the same fun again with the games of today..

and Tv sports basketball for Amiga..

NBA live 06-08

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    NBA live 06-08
    I liked NBA Live 06, but always preferred the 2k games.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexler View Post
    Thanks for posting this, wouldn't mind playing some of that right now!

and this one of course

I had bought NBA 2k17, but deleted it along with the Stream as it was taking too much of my time
    Its a great game, especially career mode and my park mode.

Concerning other basketball video games I'm just gonna revoke my (and hopefully yours) childhood memories by saying "BOOM SHAKALAKA"

One on one Dr J vs Larry Bird for Commodore 64. What am I giving away my age ?

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Oh boy I know that game... Its older than me

Quote Originally Posted by Black.Mamba View Post
    Great thread And, this game is a masterpiece. The first game I played on a game console is this one. This game has a great custom menu soundtrack that may be the best Chiptune these ears have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Great thread And, this game is a masterpiece. The first game I played on a game console is this one. This game has a great custom menu soundtrack that may be the best Chiptune these ears have ever heard.
    It's pretty similar to a game that i used to play in my black&white no colour gameboy called "double dribble"

Does anyone remember Tv Sports Basketball in Amiga? I used to edit all the squads and players stats to actual NBA players or the complete Turkish League by checking the squads from the basketball magazines and my saved game including the edited squads was always getting broken after playing few games and i was re-doing the same editing taking hours

Different ages different favorite basketball games.

My first one on Amstrad CPC6128 (yes I am THAT old)
    Fernando Martin (before internet didn't know who that was and didn't know what jugador meant either :-)

hqdefault.jpg

Later on TV Sports basketball on Amiga was my go to basketball game (my favorite sport game was Beach Volley though)

When NBA Jam came out on our local arcade it so happened me and a friend of mine were the first to sit on it as they plugged it in, against 2 other guys (it was 2 vs 2). The settings were so that the winning couple kept playing without putting any more money. We picked Utah Jazz. Long story short, 7 hours later thumbs sore and blue, dizzy, hungry and in desperate need to go to the bathroom, we were still playing without losing and the owner of the store came to us and gave us the money back so that some other people could get to play and maybe win. Best basketball electronic game memory ever for me.

Nowadays I rock NBA 2K though I skipped the last 2 versions due to not having enough time. I really really like the Career mode (playing usually small forward) and is by far the more nuanced basketball game I have played so far and probably the best.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    I had bought NBA 2k17, but deleted it along with the Stream as it was taking too much of my time
    What team do you like to play as on 2k? Did you use the European teams much?
    Last edited by Jazz; 04-25-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post

Concerning other basketball video games I'm just gonna revoke my (and hopefully yours) childhood memories by saying "BOOM SHAKALAKA"

Good memories, It was such a luxury around that time to play with the real player names and real appearances right?

Hey Nba2k'ers... Which Nba2K is the best one to play nowadays?

Good memories, It was such a luxury around that time to play with the real player names and real appearances right?

Hey Nba2k'ers... Which Nba2K is the best one to play nowadays?
    If you can't buy new ones, 2k14 is pretty decent. But of course you can't play online.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    If you can't buy new ones, 2k14 is pretty decent. But of course you can't play online.
    I have a jtagged xbox360 i can also download the last one, so in this case do you recommend the last one?

I have a jtagged xbox360 i can also download the last one, so in this case do you recommend the last one?
    2k17 for xbox360 is actually decent, I played it recently, not any major differences in comparison to its previous versions but still it's an OK one IMO. Go for it if you can download it for free.
    Last edited by R1ou; 04-25-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Ill go with 17 then.. Career mode is the most fun one right??

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I spent hours on that game too. It was the same era with Emlyn Hughes International Soccer which I spent months on. Boy I am old.

There is a version of NBA Jam for the 360 too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast