Aris Bc Salonika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    Of course Dark Humour. Most people here are familiar with the fans of Aris and their eternal dedication to their basketball team, with tons of respect to speak for myself. However statements like :

are slightly exaggerated and misleading IMO.

I presume that this sudden influx of Aris fans here is the result of the posting of the IBN's address in some greek message board (metropolis I hear?). You guys are all welcome to join us and share your thoughts with the big community we got here. However, I would like you to know that this is not a fan forum and therefore hardcore fan behaviours are going to be frowned upon.

Let's talk basketball. I understand that this is a "dead" period (eurocps over, most domestic leagues at their very end, and with the Japan World Cup months away) but let's not go off topic.
    We do our best to follow the rules of the topic...
    We are newbie members so forgive us...
    However,I do not see any exaggeration,as ARIS is the team,which lead Greek Basketball to higher level.You may have heard that at the 80s and the early 90s all the Greeks supported ARIS.Especially on Thursdays,when ARIS was playing at the Euroleague all stores were closed and the city was empty...
    Since then there is an important development in Greek Basketball which has helped other teams to succed...
    To sum up,I respect your wish but I suggest that you learn more about Aris...
    Thanks for your time
    ARIS THE EMPEROR...

Our dreams...

Your nightmares...

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK...

ARIS SUPER-3-

Comment

Welcome Aris Bc fans to interbasket

I hope that you find time to read and post on other forums as we are an international basketball forum and would enjoy your uinique points of view on all topics. Feel free to introduce yourselves if you would like.

Again, welcome to IBN.

Stuart
      http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
      http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
      http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by re5pectas
        I wonder about the results of ARIS - Maroussi previous games, during this, and even last seasons, what are realistic expectations, who is going to win (I mean objective predictions, betting?...)
        As I understad there will be a fight for a 3rd spot in Euroleague. It must a real fight on a court!
        And also, please paste the schedule of the games. Will they be online (www.etv.gr, or other sources, better? )? Or can someone share them to download in near future?

Cause here, in Lithuania, basketball season has ended, and I really want to wach some basketball! With it's passion! Of course football world cup is incomming, but still, bbl rules!

thnx in advance
        Hi mate...of course basketball rules

I have Lithuanian friends and I know how passionated you are with basketball
        I give the schedule and also a website for a satelite channel. Many times it is broadcasting live games from ARIS, PANATHINAIKOS, OLYMPIAKOS when playing at home. Actually, I dont know if you have watch before any Aris' home game...you MUST.

times are GMT

- 1st games
        WEDNESDAY 31/5
        MAROUSI - ARIS 17:00
        PANATHINAIKOS - OLYMPIAKOS 17:00
        (once more the greek excellent(!) organization...both games at the same time...)

- 2nd games

SATURDAY 3/6
        ARIS - MAROUSI 17:00

SUNDAY 4/6
        OLYMPIAKOS - PANATHINAIKOS 17:00

- 3rd games
        WEDNESDAY 7/6

- 4th games
        SATURDAY 10/6
        ARIS - MAROUSI 17:00

SUNDAY 11/6
        OLYMPIAKOS - PANATHINAIKOS 17:00

- 5th games
        WEDNESDAY 14/6

Go to http://ert.ntua.gr and then on your left click on a link "Δείτε ERT SAT" . You need Real Player.

As for the history: Aris won both regular season games versus Marousi. Last year was the opposite. The winner of the series will sign the one year Euroleague contract, as Panathinaikos & Olympiakos have signed the other two 3-year contracts.

CU again

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Salonica B.C.
          To sum up,I respect your wish but I suggest that you learn more about Aris...
          Thank for your understanding mate. It would be nice to have a large Aris group here, don't misunderstand me. I am just trying to prevent some problems we have experienced in the past.

As for me learning more about Aris, .. I think that would be pretty much impossible as I know everything about the club already . I have been a fan of them as kid, I still wish them well wherever they play, I follow the greek and european competitions they compete in very closely and I have even watched some of their games at Alexandrio.
          The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
            Thank for your understanding mate. It would be nice to have a large Aris group here, don't misunderstand me. I am just trying to prevent some problems we have experienced in the past.

As for me learning more about Aris, .. I think that would be pretty much impossible as I know everything about the club already . I have been a fan of them as kid, I still wish them well wherever they play, I follow the greek and european competitions they compete in very closely and I have even watched some of their games at Alexandrio.
            OK,my friend there is no problem...
            Maybe someday we go together in Alexandrio....
            Nice to hear you 're a fan....
            ARIS THE EMPEROR...

Our dreams...

Your nightmares...

ARIS SUPER-3-

Comment

Common ARIS Guys,
              letz Kick Marousis Ass today and make tha
              brake

EUROLEAGUE WE RE COMMIN !!!

ARIS RULEZ

Comment

Young Players

I also agree that Aris has a big place in the heart of every Greek Basketball fan but I have to address a complaint.

For the last years Aris doesn't invest in Greek young players. The Club is trying to retain a fraction of its old glory but in my opinion using the wrong path. For me it is a major problem that Aris right now doesn't have at least one Greek (if not more) player under 21 that has an impact in Greece. Every year we see that they buy foreign players that are staying some one year some more with uncertain results! I believe that the mentality of a big club like Aris is to generate players and that will be for the benefit of Greek basketball as well.

I fear that if Aris continues this way the future will be very difficult because it is not certain that every year the club will have a management that will have a lot money to invest in 30 year old players. Have in mind that Aris doesnt have even one player in Greek NT and the way things are going it will stay like this and for me this is a big problem since in the past 60% was from Aris.

Comment

Hi !!!!!
                  Any of the Aris guys have matches recorded in dvd or vhs?.
                  I have a huge collection of them to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by demian
                    I also agree that Aris has a big place in the heart of every Greek Basketball fan but I have to address a complaint.

For the last years Aris doesn't invest in Greek young players. The Club is trying to retain a fraction of its old glory but in my opinion using the wrong path. For me it is a major problem that Aris right now doesn't have at least one Greek (if not more) player under 21 that has an impact in Greece. Every year we see that they buy foreign players that are staying some one year some more with uncertain results! I believe that the mentality of a big club like Aris is to generate players and that will be for the benefit of Greek basketball as well.

I fear that if Aris continues this way the future will be very difficult because it is not certain that every year the club will have a management that will have a lot money to invest in 30 year old players. Have in mind that Aris doesnt have even one player in Greek NT and the way things are going it will stay like this and for me this is a big problem since in the past 60% was from Aris.
                    You have a point my friend...
                    We are also sceptical about this and there is an opinion that ARIS should invest in young players,but it's not easy.ARIS' fans had been waiting for so many years and there are not willing to wait any more.So, our goal is first to establish ourselves in Euroleague annd then to build our youth team.Lately,there have been some moves especially in the teenage team with players who participate in Greek Youth NT like Matalon,Plioukas,Karadolamis,Karavanas,Pasalidis,M poxoridis and even Orfanos and certainly Charitopoulos that is a great talent.
                    ARIS THE EMPEROR...

Our dreams...

Your nightmares...

ARIS SUPER-3-

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Salonica B.C.
                      You have a point my friend...
                      We are also sceptical about this and there is an opinion that ARIS should invest in young players,but it's not easy.ARIS' fans had been waiting for so many years and there are not willing to wait any more.So, our goal is first to establish ourselves in Euroleague annd then to build our youth team.
                      I think because I follow as you understand Greek A1 for many years that if teams like Aris or PAOK or Iraklis had their own talents without selling them, now the situation would be different. Of course if Aris enters Euroleague this year it means a lot because the money from this are significant.
                      But from my experience it is very easy to take money and throw them away. What comes in my mind easily are examples of players that came in Thessaloniki with big salaries and low contribution (ses Sobin). The only way for a team to stay in top level is to take the money from euroleague and to invest them buying young talented players.
                      The other way is the example of Panathinaikos or Maccabi but you need a huge amount that Aris cant afford.
                      To sum up I welcome the idea that Aris will participate the Euroleague instead of Maroussi because I believe that Aris has great potential but I dont trust the management of Aris. If you recall how many times in Greece we saw Aris wasting this great potential it is sad!
                      On the other hand with the players that Aris has currently if eventually enters Euroleague it is going to be very difficult to look in the eyes top level teams. This means that if you enter before even the league starts you have to invest with new players because as you saw during playoffs the difference between Panathinaikos and Aris is big. So the benefit is not so great as you think. You may take more money but you will pay more. So again you need to base your team with a core of Aris born and raised players to avoid paying insane money. For example why Schortsianitis left is still a mystery to me ? He was not so expensive compairing with a foreign center and still Aris let him go so that he could be replaced with Alexander Coul ?!

I think that the last team that had the potential in Greece to create a low budget value for money team was Iraclis but as I mentioned before the management was terrible and the result is common to all of us.
                      Last edited by stuart; 05-31-2006, 04:04 PM. Reason: quote formatting

Comment

Hi guys !!!
                        Although i am spanish ,i am a aris fan too.
                        I would like to use this topic to comment you some doubts i have about the past of the team.
                        First of all,i would like to know when Aris played the 1993/94 cup winners cup home matches.
                        In Alexandrio (close doors) or in Athens?.
                        I know than after the incidents of the final against Efes,FIBA sanctioned Aris but i dont know what type of sanction received the club.

Second,what happened in the 1991/92 euroleague? Aris had a great team with Berry (he only played five matches in europe that year) but played most of the season with young players and Gallis.
                        I think the problemm that year were economic,debts with the players.
                        Hoewer,i saw Aris matches of that year in the greek championship and Ars played with Jones instead Berry (did the club cut Berry?).

By last ,i would like to comment with you another strange situation:
                        It was on the 1995/96 korac cup second qualification ound.
                        Aris played against a weak polish team ( stal bobrek bytom) and lose in the first match by 26 points!!!
                        What happened?? Because in the return leg Aris won easily by 43 !!! playing only with greek players (that season the foreigns were Ellis and Gouda).

I hope someone of you know something about these questions and put his knowledges here.
                        Regards to all.
                        Vamos Aris !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by demian
                          I think because I follow as you understand Greek A1 for many years that if teams like Aris or PAOK or Iraklis had their own talents without selling them, now the situation would be different.
                          Aris never had its own talents. On the other hand PAOK and Iraklis did.
                          Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                          Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by wilson
                            Hi guys !!!
                            Although i am spanish ,i am a aris fan too.
                            I would like to use this topic to comment you some doubts i have about the past of the team.
                            First of all,i would like to know when Aris played the 1993/94 cup winners cup home matches.
                            In Alexandrio (close doors) or in Athens?.
                            I know than after the incidents of the final against Efes,FIBA sanctioned Aris but i dont know what type of sanction received the club.
                            Aris had to play in Athens behind closed doors for one season because their fans attacked the Efes fans and players.

Second,what happened in the 1991/92 euroleague? Aris had a great team with Berry (he only played five matches in europe that year) but played most of the season with young players and Gallis.
                            I think the problemm that year were economic,debts with the players.
                            Hoewer,i saw Aris matches of that year in the greek championship and Ars played with Jones instead Berry (did the club cut Berry?).
                            Berry was not cut, but left because he wasn't paid. So after he left Aris signed 39 year old Edgar Jones for something like $90,000. Another player that left all together was Miroslav Pecarski.

Aris promised money it did not have and ended up playing with only Galis and youth players. They were losing every game by 30+ points. In the Greek league though they also used Misounow and Subotic who where naturalises. Yiannakis only played in the derbies against PAOK and again in the play offs.
                            Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                            Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

well, aris lost big time to maroussi today, so...
                              Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Thanks a lot Evergreen by your information !!!!.
                                By the way,congratulations by the difficult victory in the final series.
                                Ps: someone know where i could get results of the greek league beetwen 1984/85 and 1998/99?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information