Thread: Tallpeople.org - Daily Habits For Growing Taller (Good for Future Cagers)

Default Tallpeople.org - Daily Habits For Growing Taller (Good for Future Cagers)

This is a good guide for our future players....

http://www.tallpeople.org/forum/show...33&postcount=1

Tallpeople.org - Daily Habits For Growing Taller (For Teenagers)

The following is a compilation of habits that are thought to induce growth. This is a discussion board, so feel free to comment.

Even though most tall people wouldn't find this helpful, maybe you can now figure out why you grew those extra few inches:

These habits apply to those who are still growing. (Under 20 for men, under 18 for women in general) If the growth plates in your bones are fused together, you will not grow no matter what kind of habits you have. However, you may be able to look a little bit taller with a good posture.

Sports & Exercises

There are hundreds of exercises that are thought to help your body grow.

Sports that involve jumping - jumping ropes, basketball, volleyball will help the bones be stimulated for growth.
    Sports that involve stretching - swimming, pilates, will help the bone alignment.
    On the other hand, sports that involve lifting excessively heavy weights should be avoided.

Massaging
    Ear Massaging:

Right below of the front of the earhole is a soft bone. Massaging this area is thought to stimulate pituitary gland, which will in turn secrete growth hormone.

Foot Massaging:
    Massage convex part of the bottom of the big toe. This massage is also useful for treating headache.

Back Massaging:
    Massage 2 points that are about 1-2 inches away from the spinal column. It is important to give bones enough space to grow.

Ankle Massaging:
    Massage between the inner ankle bone and the Achilles' Heel. This stimulates the kidney. Kidney is thought to have an important role in helping growth.

Dieting Habits

Drink plenty of milk, (3-4 cups a day) or cheese and yogurt, that are rich in calcium.
    Chewing more also helps stimulate growth hormone secretion.

Growth-friendly foods:
    Milk:
    Cold milk are not absorbed by the body as easily as warm milk. If you have problem digesting milk, mix in a little bit of honey or sugar, coffee.

Sardines:
    Eat sardines and other fish that are high in calcium and protein.

Spinach:
    High in calcium

Carrot:
    Good source of Vitamin A, which helps the body metabolize protein.

Orange:
    Vitamin C helps the body absorb calcium. Strawberry, grape, lemon, kiwi are also good sources of vitamin C.

Foods to Avoid

Spicy and salty dishes:
    Too much salts are bad for stomach and heart.

Sugar and Sweet food:
    Food high in sugar have raise insulin level and have a very negative effect on growth hormone.
    Soft drinks have high sugar levels and dissolves bones.
    Do not eat foods high in sugar especially before going to sleep.

Eating late:
    Eating late causes body to metabolize food instead of growin during sleep. Eating late also causes fat to be stored in the body.

Coffee, Tea:
    Don't drink coffee or tea before going to sleep because they contain caffeine, which prevents sleep.

Personal Habits

Don't wear clothings that are too tight - it hinders blood circulation, causing more load on the heart and extra pressure on the veins in the legs.

Hard beds

Keep a good posture while sittin on a chair.

Keep a good posture while walking - don't sway your shoulder.

Lie down for 10 minutes after meals - helps strengthen digestive tract.

Don't smoke - Nicotine has a negative effect on hormone secretion.

Don't drink alcoholic beverages - It places more pressure on the liver to perform.

Don't wear backpacks on one side.

Suntan - Vitamin D helps bone growth, but don't overdo it.

Don't stand up more than an hour at a time.

Sleep for at least 7 hours a day. Level of growth hormones are highest during the 10 PM - 2 AM period. Sleep during these hours to maximize the effect of the hormones.
    Level of growth hormone is 50 times higher than when you are awake.

Keep a calm mind when you go to sleep - helps your body to secrete growth hormone and lower cortisol level.
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Quezon City but I grew up in Kalibo, Aklan

Quote Originally Posted by bolabasket
    This is a good guide for our future players....

http://www.tallpeople.org/forum/show...33&postcount=1

Tallpeople.org - Daily Habits For Growing Taller (For Teenagers)

The following is a compilation of habits that are thought to induce growth. This is a discussion board, so feel free to comment.

Even though most tall people wouldn't find this helpful, maybe you can now figure out why you grew those extra few inches:

These habits apply to those who are still growing. (Under 20 for men, under 18 for women in general) If the growth plates in your bones are fused together, you will not grow no matter what kind of habits you have. However, you may be able to look a little bit taller with a good posture.

Sports & Exercises

There are hundreds of exercises that are thought to help your body grow.

Sports that involve jumping - jumping ropes, basketball, volleyball will help the bones be stimulated for growth.
    Sports that involve stretching - swimming, pilates, will help the bone alignment.
    On the other hand, sports that involve lifting excessively heavy weights should be avoided.

Massaging
    Ear Massaging:

Right below of the front of the earhole is a soft bone. Massaging this area is thought to stimulate pituitary gland, which will in turn secrete growth hormone.

Foot Massaging:
    Massage convex part of the bottom of the big toe. This massage is also useful for treating headache.

Back Massaging:
    Massage 2 points that are about 1-2 inches away from the spinal column. It is important to give bones enough space to grow.

Ankle Massaging:
    Massage between the inner ankle bone and the Achilles' Heel. This stimulates the kidney. Kidney is thought to have an important role in helping growth.

Dieting Habits

Drink plenty of milk, (3-4 cups a day) or cheese and yogurt, that are rich in calcium.
    Chewing more also helps stimulate growth hormone secretion.

Growth-friendly foods:
    Milk:
    Cold milk are not absorbed by the body as easily as warm milk. If you have problem digesting milk, mix in a little bit of honey or sugar, coffee.

Sardines:
    Eat sardines and other fish that are high in calcium and protein.

Spinach:
    High in calcium

Carrot:
    Good source of Vitamin A, which helps the body metabolize protein.

Orange:
    Vitamin C helps the body absorb calcium. Strawberry, grape, lemon, kiwi are also good sources of vitamin C.

Foods to Avoid

Spicy and salty dishes:
    Too much salts are bad for stomach and heart.

Sugar and Sweet food:
    Food high in sugar have raise insulin level and have a very negative effect on growth hormone.
    Soft drinks have high sugar levels and dissolves bones.
    Do not eat foods high in sugar especially before going to sleep.

Eating late:
    Eating late causes body to metabolize food instead of growin during sleep. Eating late also causes fat to be stored in the body.

Coffee, Tea:
    Don't drink coffee or tea before going to sleep because they contain caffeine, which prevents sleep.

Personal Habits

Don't wear clothings that are too tight - it hinders blood circulation, causing more load on the heart and extra pressure on the veins in the legs.

Hard beds

Keep a good posture while sittin on a chair.

Keep a good posture while walking - don't sway your shoulder.

Lie down for 10 minutes after meals - helps strengthen digestive tract.

Don't smoke - Nicotine has a negative effect on hormone secretion.

Don't drink alcoholic beverages - It places more pressure on the liver to perform.

Don't wear backpacks on one side.

Suntan - Vitamin D helps bone growth, but don't overdo it.

Don't stand up more than an hour at a time.

Sleep for at least 7 hours a day. Level of growth hormones are highest during the 10 PM - 2 AM period. Sleep during these hours to maximize the effect of the hormones.
    Level of growth hormone is 50 times higher than when you are awake.

Keep a calm mind when you go to sleep - helps your body to secrete growth hormone and lower cortisol level.
    Nice tips. Can you still grow if you are 20 and turning 21 this year? I think 21 is the age where guys stop growing. Sadly I am not satisfied with my height (6'2"). I wanted to be a 7'0" but sadly I stopped growing when I was 17 or 18. I was 6'0" when I was 15. Dang. :P
    "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

Quote Originally Posted by aklanarcher
    Nice tips. Can you still grow if you are 20 and turning 21 this year? I think 21 is the age where guys stop growing. Sadly I am not satisfied with my height (6'2"). I wanted to be a 7'0" but sadly I stopped growing when I was 17 or 18. I was 6'0" when I was 15. Dang. :P
    me too... I was growing up to 3 inches when from I was 13 to 14 years old. When I was 14 to 16 years old I was growing at 1 inch and when I was 17 to 20 I growing at 1 inch also. I was stoped to growing up at age of 20...

Quote Originally Posted by joel23
    me too... I was growing up to 3 inches when from I was 13 to 14 years old. When I was 14 to 16 years old I was growing at 1 inch and when I was 17 to 20 I growing at 1 inch also. I was stoped to growing up at age of 20...

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by aklanarcher

Yes I think so, I've grown a 3/4 of an inch when I was 20 going 21.
    Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

I think most people stop growing at the age of 20-21.

Quote Originally Posted by rtc022077
    I think most people stop growing at the age of 20-21.
    Oh gosh darn.. huhuuuhu

Default Shaw-review

Among the products listed on the site, which one is the best?
    https://www.shaw-review.com/5-inch-h...andrini-review