No announcement yet.

(Another) Polish player in NBA !!! Marcin Gortat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'd be the missing piece in Dallas imo. He really needs a bigger role and minutes, he already proved he's a quality centre.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Since being traded to the Phoenix Suns and playing with them for 6 games, Gortat is averaging 30 minutes, 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.2 blocks and shooting 57%.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

19 points and 17 rebounds from the bench on a victory of the Suns against Boston.
        My Youtube channel

Comment

Career-high 25 points (9/10 FG) to go along with 11 rebounds and 2 blocks as the Suns beat the Hornets.
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Marcin Gortat - road to the NBA (Torrent)
            Artificial Nature

Comment

I'm watching Marcin Gortat on ABC TV right now. He's looking great. He's so strong, but he's got super-soft hands. He's very, very good. Averaging 13 points, 9.7 rebounds since going to Phoenix and Hubie Brown just said he's had 20 double-doubles since the trade.
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Gortat to play for Spartak SP

Spartak Saint Petersburg tab Marcin Gortat
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

The agent of Gortat, Guy Zucker denounces the news of his client signing in Russia. Zucker said in hoopshype:

“I can assure you that the story claiming that he has reached an agreement with Spartak St. Petersburg of Russia is incorrect. While I have a lot of respect for Spartak St. Petersburg and its GM, Alex Karvanen, Gortat has not signed with or reached an agreement with Spartak St. Petersburg or any club whatsoever.”
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

I am interested on what Gortat have learned after training with Hakeem Olajuwon. Better Post Moves perhaps?

When the Phoenix Suns were preparing for June's draft, general manager Lance Blanks made it perfectly clear that his team needed to improve in the pos...
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

it's a pity he didn't play in national team lately, Poland would have better chance of winning with him.

Comment

Suns center Marcin Gortat is not saying that he does not believe he deserved to be an All-Star. He is just saying he did not expect to be.

"I need a minimum of two years to be considered a true center who is dominating the game and putting up good numbers," Gortat said. "I believe I can reach up to the level of (All-Star center picks) Andrew Bynum and Marc Gasol, definitely. It is just a question of working hard."

Gortat still will be in Orlando during the All-Star festivities because he has a home there and friends from Poland visiting.

Gortat's statistics were similar to Gasol's, but the coaches likely rewarded Memphis' better record, and some coaches have noted that Nash has much to do with Gortat's scoring.

Gortat said he was honored just to be on the ballot and that his only expectation was to be mentioned as a candidate.

"I will take this as motivation for the next couple years," Gortat said. "I've got to work hard. I'm 100 percent sure that if I play the way I've been playing and even better that I'm going to get selected to that. I've got to do it longer and work harder to get there. It isn't going to happen after 25 to 30 games."
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information