Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Another) Polish player in NBA !!! Marcin Gortat

Orlando Magic to sign Polish draft pick Marcin Gortat

The Orlando Magic's Marcin Gortat goes up for a layup in front of the New Jersey Nets' Josh Davis during their teams' opening game in the 2007 Pepsi Pro Summer League at the RDV Sportsplex in Maitland on July 9, 2007.

The Orlando Magic have decided to sign center Marcin Gortat, a second-round draft pick in 2005 who has played the last two seasons in Europe.

Gortat, who played well on the Magic's Summer League team earlier this month, would become just the third player from Poland to ever play in the NBA.

Gortat, 23, is a 6-foot-11, 240-pound center who is expected to provide depth in the frontcourt and ease the loss of free agent Darko Milicic, who left the Magic recently to sign with the Memphis Grizzlies.

In five Summer League games, Gortat averaged 10 points, 6.8 rebounds and 3.2 blocks. He has played the past two seasons in Germany, along with playing for the Polish National team.

He originally was a second-round pick by Phoenix, then traded to the Magic on draft night of 2005.

"We've decided to keep him here instead of sending him back to Europe again," Magic General Manager Otis Smith said. "We think he'll develop faster here, and we want to see what he can do for us. We think he can become an NBA player."

The Magic also have decided to keep power forward James Augustine for a second season and bring him to training camp. They have an option to void at least part of the second year of his contract if they waived him by Aug. 1, but they have decided against exercising that option. He was a second-round pick in 2006 out of Illinois.

Source: OrlandoSentinel.com

hope he will be more lucky and more time to show his skill than lampe and trybanski
    hi all i m new on this forum and also new in furums,sorry in advance if will be future mistakes and also sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by legio
      hope he will be more lucky and more time to show his skill than lampe and trybanski
      Trybanski is so poor - wooden player, but I think that Gortat will be better then Lampe and spent more minutes in game Orlando wait for player under basket like Gortat, and they made great move when they sign contract with Marcin

Comment

i can see i m the only fan of trybanski i think is not great talented and not nba plyer but i think for a medium low euroleague level is good,he doesn t give so many points,even if he shotted with 56% last year,but he is a good defender and was best shot blocker of d leaugue,hope with peristeri he will improve his carreer .about lampe he is definetly one of my favourite player and i m really glad in russia he is showing his skills even if he didn t has so many minutes in game last year,i really hoped my team bought him last year but they prefered the horrible mavrokefalidis .philip can you tell me what's wrong with him with nt?i knew that at begining he was on list but after disappeared,i searched some infos but only found in polish and didn t understand .about gortat,lets cross the finger but i think will be difficult
        hi all i m new on this forum and also new in furums,sorry in advance if will be future mistakes and also sorry for my english

Comment

Marcin Gortat is very happy in USA. Yesterday he buy new car - BMW M6 (price 110 000 USD ).

V10, 5000 ccm
          0-100km/h in 4,5s
          Max speed - 250km/h
          Price in Poland: 540 000zl
          Price in USA: 302 000zl (~110 000 USD~)

Comment

Marcin Gortat play today first game for Orlando Magic. Polish center play 4 minutes in preseason game, and in this time have only 1 rebound and 1 foul Bad game, but I hope that this was only bad day, and next game will be better

Comment

Magic Assign Marcin Gortat To Anaheim Arsenal

Anaheim, Calif., November 20, 2007 – The Orlando Magic today announced the assignment of rookie Marcin Gortat (MAR-chin GOR-tat) to the Anaheim Arsenal, their D-League affiliate. A native of Poland, the 7-foot 240 pound center-forward was drafted in the second round of the 2005 NBA Draft by the Phoenix Suns with the 57th overall selection. His rights were acquired by Orlando on draft night (June 28, 2005) in exchange for cash considerations.
              Last edited by PHILIPeurobasket; 11-21-2007, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Video about Gortat here.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

MArcin Gortat scored today first points in NBA !!! Gortat play in "garbage time" 2 minutes and scored 2 points and 1 rebound

Comment

HAHAHA in the latin night and Arroyo..........perfect
                    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Hi everybody i`m new to this thread and site. Glad i found you guys I have lots of questions on polish basketball players.
                      Does anybody think or have any news that lampe or trybanski might return to the nba? and are therir any other players or polish prospects that have a shot at this years 2008 nba draft or to make the nba
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gortat101
                        Hi everybody i`m new to this thread and site. Glad i found you guys I have lots of questions on polish basketball players.
                        Does anybody think or have any news that lampe or trybanski might return to the nba? and are therir any other players or polish prospects that have a shot at this years 2008 nba draft or to make the nba
                        thanks
                        Hello man Lampe play great basket in Russia, and he will propably try to comesback to the NBA, but Trybanski is so poor that he didnt have any chances - just look where he play now, and how much points he scored (1.2 per game?). Any other prospects ... I will write about they later best regards !!!

Comment

Gortat started and had his first big minutes (30) against the Jazz and managed 4 points, 4 rebounds, 4 blocks and 1 steal.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

First big game for Gortat with a double-double: 16 pts + 13 rebs + 3 blocks as the Magic beat the Warriors.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

14 pts + 7 rebs off the bench in 19 minutes. Magic won.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information