(Another) Polish player in NBA !!! Marcin Gortat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Howard only 15 pts having 10 minutes more

We've got Gortat fan in Portugal or sth?

Comment

Rikh is fan of every single internaional in the NBA .

Gortat is a fan favorite nowadays in Orlando. They call him "warlock".
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
        And Howard only 15 pts having 10 minutes more

We've got Gortat fan in Portugal or sth?
        Hear sariss
        Looks like I'm more of a fan of him than you are
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Solid double-double for Gortat: 13 pts (6/8) + 15 rebs as the Magic beat the Bulls.
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
            Solid double-double for Gortat: 13 pts (6/8) + 15 rebs as the Magic beat the Bulls.
            He's great, he's really great !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket View Post
              He's great, he's really great !!!
              Gortat is a good, solid, big player. He might be averaging only 3.4 points and 4.2 rebounds in about 10 minutes per game, but he has a great NBA body. He also seems to enjoy "pounding" with the big guys by the basket, which means he might be a contributor for many years in the NBA.

Slam Dunk
              Same Slam, Different Angle
              Playing Defense
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Another very good game by Gortat - this time 10 points and 8 rebounds agains Bucks

Comment

Maybe this guy here is on a roster next season again to battle Marcin
                  http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...zary_trybanski

I from Wisconsin!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                    Maybe this guy here is on a roster next season again to battle Marcin
                    http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...zary_trybanski
                    No no no, thanks man

Comment

Another great game for Gortat.

As starting center he made in 40:18 min (team leader), 11 pts, 15 reb (team leader), 2 ast, 4 stl (team leader), 29 +/- (team leader).

Magic won series 4-2. Without Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee in the final game.

That Gortat's 4th career game as starter and 6th career double-double.

SVG for the second time with Gortat in S5 said that it is the best win he ever had.

Just another prove that holding him with Dwight Howard in one team is just a big waste.
                      Last edited by greg; 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Marcin Gortat vs. LeBron James @ Game 3 Playoff 2009:
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Marcin Gortat getting it done for the Orlando Magic

Kyle Hightower | Sentinel Staff Writer
                        May 27, 2009

The Cleveland Cavaliers entered their Eastern Conference finals series with Orlando believing that if they could somehow manage to get Magic Dwight Howard in foul trouble, they would be in pretty good shape.

Simple logic, really. Get the big man off the floor and their star, LeBron James, would be free to roam free.

The Cavs forgot about Marcin Gortat.

Heading into Tuesday's Game 4, Gortat had provided everything the Magic wanted and more from their backup center.

With the confidence he already was riding after starting for Howard in Game 6of the Magic's first round series win over Philadelphia, Gortat continues to add sparkle to what has already been a jewel second season.

"It's been his year, really," Coach Stan Van Gundy said of Gortat, who is a restricted free agent after this season. "He's been good and consistent. And not only does he have a lot of confidence, but we as coaches and his teammates have great confidence in our ability to play with him."

A project when he arrived in Orlando, Gortat rebounded from what he admits was a "bad training camp" to find his groove during the regular season. It included playing exceptionally well in back-to-back starts for an injured Howard in mid-December.

"I went through a lot of things this year," he said. "The first 20 games I was sitting on the bench and just praying for the chance. And finally in [Utah, Golden State], everything started. ... And I believe I can help the team even more."

His numbers haven't been staggering in the playoffs. Entering Game 4 Tuesday Gortat was averaging 3.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in limited minutes.

But his presence has been felt in other ways.

He had two blocks on James in Game 3 and helped the Magic hang on to the lead and the win with quality minutes after Howard got his fourth foul in the third quarter.

He finished the night with four points, five rebounds and the two rejections.

"I don't even know how to compare it," Gortat said. "It's like having an Escalade and beating a Ferrari. ... I got over 30 messages [after Game 3] and most of them were about blocking LeBron rather than winning the game. But I just look at it as it's more important to help stop LeBron from getting to the basket and getting dunks.

"After the second block he looked at me and I could read his face and it was like 'Next time I'm going to dunk on you.' So I'm waiting for that."

As to what his signature season might do for his prospects this summer and beyond, Gortat said right now he's just living in the moment.

"There's such a big pressure right now with everything is going on," he said. "I really don't know what's going to happen. Right now I'm just trying to focus on the game. And trust me, right now there is nothing else in my head except trying to block LeBron James [again]. That's the only thing I'm thinking right now."
                        sigpic
                        ACB league
                        Scola & Ginobili 4 life
                        TAU & Lakers supporter
                        need4sheed.com

Comment

Despite being blown out by the Lakers, Gortat got some good minutes and contributed 4 points. 8 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals in 20 minutes of play.

Stuart
                          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Last edited by greg; 06-19-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Gortat should get a nice little contract this summer, even though he has the tackiest tattoo in the NBA. Gortat is an unrestricted free agent this summer. A lot of teams will take a long look at him. He's proved that he can be a good 15-20 minute back-up in the NBA...will any team let him start?

For me, he's a good back-up. His power game is fantastic, which makes him a good back-up for Howard. Unfortunately, I really don't think his skills game is that great, like Howard. I don't know. Still, he'd be nice for Cleveland to look at.
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                                Gortat should get a nice little contract this summer, even though he has the tackiest tattoo in the NBA. Gortat is an unrestricted free agent this summer. A lot of teams will take a long look at him. He's proved that he can be a good 15-20 minute back-up in the NBA...will any team let him start?

For me, he's a good back-up. His power game is fantastic, which makes him a good back-up for Howard. Unfortunately, I really don't think his skills game is that great, like Howard. I don't know. Still, he'd be nice for Cleveland to look at.

Gortat is restricted free agent. Stil a very small possibility of staying in Orlando.

And he can be a starter in NBA next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information