Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebanon will have a hard time against the hometown

but I expect Lebanon to win..
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13

If the group a is the group of death this is the group (b also c) of everlasting life kabaligtaran talaga ng group a
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13

Im sorry but i have to disagree with this one. I see Japan beating Lebanon convincingly. Japan not only has the homecourt advantage, it also possess a very strong line-up, almost similar to that of the Philippine squad. Watch out for this team, it would be a strong contender for the crown.
        RP Basketball Quintet...The Road Back to the Olympics

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50158

Comment

Lebanon has the tendency to lose to teams like philippines. well, japan is rle similar to RP. plus the homecourt advntg, and that Henderson

Comment

Whatta sorry group...Kuwait probably changed their team again and stil will bomb...UAE thinks they won the game if they tie the opponent sometime during the game...Japan is the only closest thing to a decent game...Lebanon has a week of tanning at the beach. Martini glasses up...
            "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Japan will once again host the much anticipated Asian Basketball Championship, set to unite teams all across Asia and lead the winner to the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Among the many teams gracing the courts of Tokushima, Lebanon is one of the strongest contenders for the title.

The Lebanese national team arrived in Tokushima on Tuesday, July 24, after two stops that served as preparations to the Olympic Qualifier. In the 29th William Jones Cup, Lebanon came in second with a 6-3 record. Leaving Taiwan, the Lebanese players stopped by the Philippines for the 4-Nation Manila Invitational, after which they went into training camp before landing in the Japanese island.

National team point guard, Rony Fahed and his teammates felt the necessity of camps and tournaments to help the team gel fast. Now, after two months of preparations, they are ready for the big challenge.

“I think we are ready,” Fahed said. “All the teams are good and they got their best squads. We have built the chemistry with the new style of Coach Dragan and we’re ready now.”

“Personally, I have small injuries but nothing serious,” Fahed continued. “I will put all I have to make the Lebanese people proud. I love this country and its people.”

Joining Fahed in the national team are Roy Samaha and Fadi Al Khatib. The veteran forward captured the scoring title in the 24th William Jones Cup and is ready, as usual, to lead Lebanon to the most prestigious championships.

As for Roy Samaha, he is more confident of his abilities as his minutes go up game after game.

Lebanon’s first step towards the Asian title pairs it with fellow Middle Eastern country, Kuwait. The two will meet at 2:15p.m. (Beirut time) on Saturday, July 28, 2007.

Source:www.pma-basketball.com
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

UAE starter players:Jassim haji,Younis ibrahim,Ayoub albaloushi,Ali alhattawi,Jasim abdalla.

Japan's starter players:kenichi sako,Takehito orimo,Kosuke Takeuchi,Tomoo amino,Fumihiko Aono.
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

good luck lebanon !!!!!
                  5 minutes to go

Comment

does anyone here know why the coach left vogel and khatib in the whole 4th quarter when the lead was between 40 and 50 pts ? can something good come out of this like keeping the players in shape or is the coach just retarded ? i think khatib played 38 min and vogel 35 WTF !! we need these players to be rested until the strong games come !!!

Comment

Originally posted by karim
                      does anyone here know why the coach left vogel and khatib in the whole 4th quarter when the lead was between 40 and 50 pts ? can something good come out of this like keeping the players in shape or is the coach just retarded ? i think khatib played 38 min and vogel 35 WTF !! we need these players to be rested until the strong games come !!!
                      maybe vogel and khatib jus wanted to have fun with kuwaitis lol

Comment

Originally posted by rodreyes
                        Im sorry but i have to disagree with this one. I see Japan beating Lebanon convincingly. Japan not only has the homecourt advantage, it also possess a very strong line-up, almost similar to that of the Philippine squad. Watch out for this team, it would be a strong contender for the crown.
                        feel free to disagree bro, it's my opinion and you have yours.
                        I just see Lebanon as the more experienced and more cohesive team.
                        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

japan win against lebanon 77 - 67

source: http://netcasting.mbt.lt/fiba/jp/netcasting/
                          Command me Confessor

Comment

Originally posted by jvandread
                            japan win against lebanon 77 - 67

source: http://netcasting.mbt.lt/fiba/jp/netcasting/

i can't believe Fadi scored only two points... looks like Group B will have Japan at no.1 and Lebanon at no.2
                            Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by apiSigbinz
                              i can't believe Fadi scored only two points... looks like Group B will have Japan at no.1 and Lebanon at no.2
                              Fadi scored 14 pts bro !
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

are there videos of the Japan vs. Lebanon game on the net???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information