Thread: Israeli League's F4

Arrow Israeli League's F4

Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Jerusalem and the surprise of the season Maccabi Rishon LeZion are waiting for 4th team that will join them in the F4.

Rishon's celebrations after last victory against Bnei HaSharon
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

I think I aready said it somewhere, but It is pity that Galil isn't amoung those teams, because Galil is defienetlly better then Naharia and Rishon Lezion.
    They won against Naharia all the 3 league games plus passed them at the cup, and they have 2-1 agains Rishon, and the last game they won then with a big difference.
    Also Galil beaten maccabi once by 15 (Rishon beten Maccabi twice), and the last time had cance to win (if the last preety good shot would go in).
    Galil's problems during the season where firstlly injuries of many players at the same time, and the second being unfocused against weaker teams- leading most of the game by low score, and then somehow losing at the end.
    Another team that is at the best shape is Givat Smuel that was the last team not too long ago, but now have now stright 12 victores, including on Jerusalem, Naharia, Rison and Galil (after two overtimes, when at the end of the 4th qouter some strage foul was called for Givat-Shmuel, and at the first one Galil leaded 8 point 2 minuts before the end and had 2 FT in her favor )!!!

Galil is driving me crazy... Again... Had 4 points lead after their FT 10 sec befor the end.

Managed to lose from a basket at the buzzer from half of the court... I don't know how every time they manage to lose to weak teams on tide games

Ironi Nahariya has qualified to F4. It means we'll see two semi-finals: Maccabi Tel Aviv - Ironi Nahariya and Hapoel Jerusalem - Maccabi Rishon
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Highlights from the Galil Elyon vs Halpoel TA game:
    http://players.mediazone.co.il/media...999/players/3/

Hapoel wins because after a triple from half court on the buzzer

Today
    Hapoel Jerusalem-Maccabi Rishon Lezion 18:15
    Maccabi Tel Aviv-Ironi Nahariya 20:30

I'm looking at this thread name and can't understand.. what does it mean F4? is it Euroleague-style when all the games are playing in one arena and champions are clear after 2 victories? Israel doesn't have finals to 3 or 4 victories? or u have several different cups and trophies - for example regular season and playoffs?

nope - that's the championship. league championship. though league doesn't fit the defenition of this nock-out system.
    after doing all sort of stupid things (a reminder last 2 years we had 2 rounds + one round of playoffs for the right to play a 4-teams "super-group" and than the top 2 teams in this group played the championship series) - obviously this didin't help teams (other than maccabi) to win the title and now they've changed it - we play 3 league-rounds with no playoffs at all and than the top 4 plays a final-four, euroleague style. since there's just one suitable arena in israel (i.e. over 3500 capacity...) it is played in maccabi's home-court and so it probably will be next year too (this system will apply for 2 years and than it will be re-considered).
    so generally speaking we can have first none-maccabi-tel aviv-champion in about 15 years tommorrow...

Although the final four system was clearly against Maccabi, Maccabi took yesterday it's 46th Championship in the last 47 years, 13 of them in a row.
    That's AMAZING.

Yesterday Result :

Maccabi vs Hapoel Jerusalem : 96-66.

Go Maccabi !!

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3260657,00.html

http://sports.walla.co.il/?w=/7/920694

this team is something special!
    Nicola! you know it !!!

"אני צהוב בנשמה"! "ANI ZHOV BA-NESHAMA" remember?!....
    (I do!... )
    waiting to see you again in MACCABI next year ....
    MACCABI IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!

Hi all.

i Tehila from israel and i love maccabi' and antony.
    sorry for my bad english.
    if someone want that i help him to know more about maccabi'' can to contact me:

MSN
    star123434@hotmail.com

E mail
    Maccabi_14@hotmail.co.il