Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well imo if we want womens basket / mens volleyball to grow we need a decent fanbase or our "masa" will like the sport like what happened to womens volleyball theres a Lasalle - Ateneo that boomed back in 2013/2014.

Well for the basket womens lets wait for Aris Dimaunahan`s daugther to go to college and make waves..

Comment

• I wonder if sbp tried to recruit this kid -> http://northpolehoops.com/2018/03/30...-championship/

Per this interview she is pinay -> http://www.pinoycrossover.ca/blog/se...gelica-alfonso

She is part of the develooment team of Canada and represented Canada in a number of tournaments. But it disnt look like its Fiba sanctioned so we can still get her i guess
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Sofia Roman

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6j...ew?usp=sharing

Sure hopes she comes back

Comment

• i put on my creepy stalker hat and slid Sofia Roman a DM. I asked if she's coming back to play in the Asian Games later this year, she answered she won't be playing. :-(

Comment

• Kayla Padlla for Team Perlas

16 year old 5'9" Filipino-American Kayla Padilla is a certified basketball star in SoCal. The starting PG of Bishop Montgomery even has her own cool nickname...

homecourtedge, bishopmontgomery, ladyknights, basketball, ballislife, wnba, stanfordbound, d1bound, nativitybruins, kaylapadilla, ksmooth

She is 16 yrs.old. Needs to get a passport to be able to play for the Philippines Women Basketball Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
              i put on my creepy stalker hat and slid Sofia Roman a DM. I asked if she's coming back to play in the Asian Games later this year, she answered she won't be playing. :-(
              She's already working with the WNBA.
              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                She's already working with the WNBA.
                yep, as a vlogger / social media personality

Comment

• Originally posted by aklanarcher View Post
                  There is a 6'1" player in DLSU right now. Cassie Tioseco is also 6'1" and she plays for ADMU. The Manalo twins are also good players. Khristine Prado is also a good 5'8" center. She is pretty too.
                  I've met Cassie Tioseco and she is very attractive in person.

Comment

• There's a lot of young girls in the states that plays competitive basketball all over and some of them has the potential to be a future WNBA player as per scouting report, it's just unfortunate that we are very concentrated on the men's side..same with the men's volleyball, according to some of my friends in the US there's lot of players who had Filipino lineage who played in a top US NCAA Div. 1 schools and ply there stuff somewhere else but unfortunately it is somehow overlooked here in the Phils.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                      There's a lot of young girls in the states that plays competitive basketball all over and some of them has the potential to be a future WNBA player as per scouting report, it's just unfortunate that we are very concentrated on the men's side..same with the men's volleyball, according to some of my friends in the US there's lot of players who had Filipino lineage who played in a top US NCAA Div. 1 schools and ply there stuff somewhere else but unfortunately it is somehow overlooked here in the Phils.
                      A lot of excellent Pinay players in the US because usually in the youth ages, boys and girls are mixed and they undergo the same training in club basketball. However, as it is in the men's side, height is a problem so I'm not so sure about the WNBA. But if and when they start playing in the Philippines, they could certainly dominate.

Comment

• Originally posted by monsoonxvi View Post
                        A lot of excellent Pinay players in the US because usually in the youth ages, boys and girls are mixed and they undergo the same training in club basketball. However, as it is in the men's side, height is a problem so I'm not so sure about the WNBA. But if and when they start playing in the Philippines, they could certainly dominate.
                        Hopefully this NBTC thing will include a girls division in the near future, there's a lot of talent all over, just like in the women's football wherein there's a lot of competitive ladies out there who could be a potential national team caliber a future Perlas Pilipinas and Malditas. Now the big question, is there a(much bigger) budget for our girls division or majority of the money is on the boys side? I hope this gap in girls basketball and womens football will somehow address as soon as possible because there's so much talent all over and it is such a waste if we could not fully utilize this considering that we could be very competitive in that elite level be it in basketball and football(woman side). I hope this new league NBL Philippines may help uplift our woman's basketball as per latest news the inauguration will be on August 2018. https://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/...jerry-codinera

Comment

• We have gazillion leagues in the phils. yet no standard 5 on 5 womens league to make our womens team in shape after college
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Good fight by the girls.

Comment

• Our biggest basketball rivals, China and Korea, have professional leagues for their women. More than that, it is puzzling to think that countries such as Japan, Hong Kong, and Lebanon (among others) have existing pro leagues for the ladies but the Philippines doesn’t. These are countries that we handily beat in men’s basketball, which are not well-known to be crazy for basketball like the Philippines. It is not like there is no demand for it or that Filipinas can’t play the sport.

http://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/8...etball-league/

Comment

• Originally posted by heystifler View Post
                                Well imo if we want womens basket / mens volleyball to grow we need a decent fanbase or our "masa" will like the sport like what happened to womens volleyball theres a Lasalle - Ateneo that boomed back in 2013/2014.

Well for the basket womens lets wait for Aris Dimaunahan`s daugther to go to college and make waves..
                                Well for the La Salle-Ateneo volleyball boom in the 2010s, it's more like both the top two teams in UAAP women's volleyball have the most beautiful women in the league who are also skilled at the game (not just pure eye candy) such as Mika Reyes in La Salle and Alyssa Valdez. Then Kiefer Ravena came into the mix and boom, both players are hyped.

It seems to me that the only way to improve women's sports viewership and fandom in PH is to get a lot of eye candy and win big internationally, which is not really possible to do given the smaller female athlete pool we have compared to even our ASEAN neighbors.

I did want the Malditas to qualify for the World Cup but I was worried if that did happen soccer will become a women's sport like what happened with soccer in the US.
                                Originally posted by gideon
                                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information