Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines womens NT

Default RP Women's Team (2003 SEA Games)

This is the RP Women's Team that won a bronze medal at the 2003 Vietnam SEA Games. We finished behind Malaysia and Singapore.

RP Team
    Marites Gadian
    Marsha Faustino
    Minerva Narciza
    Cherrylyn Lubiano
    Emelia Vega
    Ana Marie Jaleco
    Shiela Esteban
    Susan Bambico
    Matilde Carreon
    Estrelita Enriquez
    Joan Grajales
    Pixie Valencia

Head Coach: Bai Cristobal

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio
    THE tallest Filipina I have heard about is 6'3" Zenaida "Zeny" Ybanez of Cebu, former member of our national women's volleyball team in the late '80 and early '90s. Recently, Ybanez came out of retirement to play with her contemporaries for the PSC Legends in last year's Shakey's V-League. I am not sure if she dabbled in serious basketball during her prime.
    Anyways if i go back in the philippines for a vacation ill try to look to that news paper article which i cut from Philippine Star ngayon about that 6'4 girl....

Default Big Woman

Back in 1999 or 2001, we had this 5 ft. 10 burly Filipina player in our SEA Games team. Anybody remember her? Her built reminds me of Asi Taulava's mother...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Enz
    Back in 1999 or 2001, we had this 5 ft. 10 burly Filipina player in our SEA Games team. Anybody remember her? Her built reminds me of Asi Taulava's mother...
    That's Mary Ellen Caasi, also known as "The Bulldozer". Actually, she played beyond the call of duty in the 2001 SEA Games in Malaysia because her knee injury was not fully healed but gave a good account of herself nevertheless. The Pinays ended up with the Bronze.

That's Mary Ellen Caasi, also known as "The Bulldozer". Actually, she played beyond the call of duty in the 2001 SEA Games in Malaysia because her knee injury was not fully healed but gave a good account of herself nevertheless. The Pinays ended up with the Bronze.
    Wow, thanks Anthony for the infos...whatever happened to her? ...hope we can have more pinay players as big as The Bulldozer in our National Team...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Enz
    This is the RP Women's Team that won a bronze medal at the 2003 Vietnam SEA Games. We finished behind Malaysia and Singapore.

RP Team
    Marites Gadian
    Marsha Faustino
    Minerva Narciza
    Cherrylyn Lubiano
    Emelia Vega
    Ana Marie Jaleco
    Shiela Esteban
    Susan Bambico
    Matilde Carreon
    Estrelita Enriquez
    Joan Grajales
    Pixie Valencia

Head Coach: Bai Cristobal
    These team were underdogs in womens international basketball

THE tallest Filipina I have heard about is 6'3" Zenaida "Zeny" Ybanez of Cebu, former member of our national women's volleyball team in the late '80 and early '90s. Recently, Ybanez came out of retirement to play with her contemporaries for the PSC Legends in last year's Shakey's V-League. I am not sure if she dabbled in serious basketball during her prime.
    I saw remember that 6'9 Filipina who named "Emma" I'm not sure her name... She's from Leyte i think and she came recruited from womens national team. During her stay in province, she only ate "rice with salt" 3 times a day and out in school. She came in to Manila and went to practice she can't run and slow act. Many of coaches trying to develop her skills etc. but couldn't get anymore... I think she had a problem in her pituary glands...She's not a normal

I saw remember that 6'9 Filipina who named "Emma" I'm not sure her name... She's from Leyte i think and she came recruited from womens national team. During her stay in province, she only ate "rice with salt" 3 times a day and out in school. She came in to Manila and went to practice she can't run and slow act. Many of coaches trying to develop her skills etc. but couldn't get anymore... I think she had a problem in her pituary glands... The Philippine Team staff said she's not a normal...

Quote Originally Posted by joel23
    I saw remember that 6'9 Filipina who named "Emma" I'm not sure her name... She's from Leyte i think and she came recruited from womens national team. During her stay in province, she only ate "rice with salt" 3 times a day and out in school. She came in to Manila and went to practice she can't run and slow act. Many of coaches trying to develop her skills etc. but couldn't get anymore... I think she had a problem in her pituary glands... The Philippine Team staff said she's not a normal...

Wow really? I never heard of this news... anyone confirm this?
    Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

I've heard Tony dela Cruz has already conceded his slot for the RP Team, instead, he is vouching for his wife who is trying out for the RP Women's Team for SEA Games. Any info on his wife?
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Quote Originally Posted by bolabasket
    I've heard Tony dela Cruz has already conceded his slot for the RP Team, instead, he is vouching for his wife who is trying out for the RP Women's Team for SEA Games. Any info on his wife?
    Haha, are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by rtc022077
    Haha, are you serious?
    yes he's serious Tony's wife is a varsity basketball player you really are a newbie

any pics of tony dela cruz's wife? how tall is she? thanks

Saw the twin contestant in Wowowee...the twins could stand around 5'11-6'0.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMap2007
    Saw the twin contestant in Wowowee...the twins could stand around 5'11-6'0.....
    they're already 46(?)... so count them out

*WOWOWEE*

%^)

Quote Originally Posted by pepiyows
    they're already 46(?)... so count them out

*WOWOWEE*

%^)
    TFC whoooah...........Kapamilya

Default Fil-Am standout suits up for SEAG quintet

Fil-Am standout suits up for SEAG quintet
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007

With the Southeast Asian Basketball Association (SEABA) Women’s Championship just around the corner, the BAP-SBP RP Women’s team gets a major shot in the arm as Filipina-American cager and former University of Maryland ace point guard Victoria Lynne “Vicki” Brick is set to join the Nationals.

Brick is one of several foreign recruits being eyed to reinforce the squad, according to head coach Matthew “Fritz” Gaston, who was one of the guests at the recent opening ceremonies of the 38th Women’s National Collegiate Athletic Association (WNCAA).

Brick, a high-school All-American for the McDonough Tornados in Maryland before suiting up for the Terrapins in 1999, brings her defensive tenacity and superb play-making skills to the quintet bound for Singapore this September.

As a freshman, the 5’7” Brick averaged 3.1 steals and 4.3 assists per contest in 26 games as a starter, the second and third best efforts, respectively, by a first-year player in NCAA history. After her college career, Brick suited up for Sydney in Australia’s WNBL and normed 3.1 points and 1.8 rebounds and shot 40 percent from beyond the arc in 16 games for the Flames in 2005.

“I’m eagerly awaiting her arrival,” said Gaston on his 26-year-old find. “Having played (NCAA) Division I (basketball) in the USA and professionally in Australia, she will bring excitement in RP basketball, raise the level of play and hopefully help us win (our) first SEABA gold.”

Brick will be flying in from the United States within the next two weeks.

Gaston also said that he will be announcing the composition of the team for the SEABA before week’s end.

Default Is She HOT!!?? :rolleyes:

Personal
    Full name is Victoria Lynne Brick ... born July 30, 1981 ... the daughter of Victor and Lynne Brick ... parents own "Brick Bodies," a chain of health clubs in the Baltimore area ... has one brother, Jon (18) ... majoring in kinesiology ... planned to give up basketball in order to pursue a long-time goal of playing professional tennis, but chose to give up tennis instead.

Vicki Up Close
    Nickname: VB, Brick
    Age started playing basketball: 8
    I started playing basketball because: My dad got me started.
    Who had the greatest impact on your athletic career? My father.
    Favorite food: My nana's pancit canton (a filipino dish).
    My heroes/role models are: My parents.
    Favorite place to hang out on campus: Comcast Center.
    Few people know that: I had aspirations of being a professional tennis player and was playing on the international circuit until I was 16.
    Words to describe you on the court: Scrappy.
    Words to describe you off the court: Personable/outgoing.
    Craziest ambition: To sing or dance on Broadway.
    If money was not a factor, my dream job would be: To play professional basketball.
    What do you want to accomplish this season? Go to the NCAA Tournament.
    Funniest player on the team: Anesia Smith.
    Teammate who will surprise people this season: Crystal Washington.
    After Maryland I'd like to: Play professional basketball.
    My favorite thing about Maryland basketball is: My teammates and my coaches. Everyday I look forward to being around them.
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyballer
    the 5’7” Brick averaged 3.1 steals and 4.3 assists per contest in 26 games as a starter
    She will have a role going for full-court trap!!!

RP womens team needs world-class international coach and 6'6 player...

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast