Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jusko the score is now 131-46, i hope the lead does not reach 100 pts. Also, I hope this game won't demoralize the team, they need to move on from this

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
      jusko the score is now 131-46, i hope the lead does not reach 100 pts. Also, I hope this game won't demoralize the team, they need to move on from this
      The moment i saw that we have 5'2 in that team, medyo nadiskumpyado ako. How in the world will that 5'2 player defend a 5'11 skilled player?
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        The moment i saw that we have 5'2 in that team, medyo nadiskumpyado ako. How in the world will that 5'2 player defend a 5'11 skilled player?
        does Gilas/SBP have any plans to naturalize a female player or the naturalized slot is already given to one of the fil-foreigns?

Comment

• I am very surprised that this comments will pop up after this defeat..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
            I am very surprised that this comments will pop up after this defeat..
            The girls need more A-Type games like these. China WNT has been playing games with top opposition since the start of summer and in the Olympics, so the big loss is expected. But even in big defeats such as this, PHL can learn lessons and draw experience the look back at.

Comment

• I've watched the beginning of the NZ vs Korea game. I thought the Kiwis will do the Haka. They didnt do it. Why no Haka, is it reserved only for mens?

Comment

• Lol at whoever put as above with Taipei in power rankings..its just were better as underdogs..

As for program its the baby steps I focus on 3x3 where our gurls height disadvantage will be not be abused by our opponents
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I don't follow Women's Basketball NT much. I see we're just slightly smaller than our Japanese counterparts. Aside from the obvious skill level gap, what could be the other reason why we aren't remotely as good enough as the Japanese who went to the finals early this year? Is it the coaching? Lack of funding and support?

Looks like the Women's NZ team also has their own Korean Curse after losing 69-85.

Comment

• gilas wnt has a lot of undersized players...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                      gilas wnt has a lot of undersized players...
                      And very undersized at that. That game against China last night, no matter how forgettable that is, must be used as an example to further improve the state of women's basketball in our country. It exposed the glaring deficiencies of PHL WNT as far as continental level tournaments are concerned, and I feel sad more than embarrassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        How many registered women ballers in our country? I think SBP should upgrade the line up of our womens team.. We need height in this category... We have some players there.. daming undersized players team natin...
                        All the players in the Women's NBL, plus those in the amateurs and in the states. The local talent pool won't be enough, imo, as the athletically and height/length-gifted Pinays would rather try to be successful in volleyball rather than basketball.

And yeah, they definitely need to upgrade size-wise. I don't care if the future teams build become very similar to Azkals (mostly foreign-developed players), what's important is we keep our place in the FIBA Asia div. 1 and continue competing at a very high level. It might inspire those people who run the WNBL and collegiate leagues for their leagues to get better, thus attracting talents with high potential in the future.

Comment

• japan has the same height as gilas women but look how they play

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            japan has the same height as gilas women but look how they play
                            how different is the Japanese Women Olympic lineup to Asia Cup lineup? wow they play the same and shows why they are Olympic Silver medalists.

Comment

• What are WNT need.

1. A good domestic league - which we have now but the fruits will be see in 5 to 10 years.
                              2. Players playing in other leagues - we know Amman is now with Serbia league
                              3. We mimic for now Japan plays. Outside to inside play. We need a lot more consistent shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                                That is reality dude.. Example is the Azkals.. Do you think they got their popularity from 2010 - 2014 w/o the Youghusband bros.? They have the skills and looks, the reason why Azkals get mainstream popularity that time.. Phil and James are instant celebrities.. You have to promote the sport and they need ambassadors to promote it.. Women's basketball is not popular here, And need to have ambassador to reach mileage popularity, especially from mainstream people.. Syempre kailangan din manalo for further exposure.. Even in women's volleyball.. who are popular there? Daquis, Valdez and Mika Reyes are most popular volleybelles right now, Although Santiago sisters are also in mention but if you tell the mainstream fans, Who are your favorite players in PHL volleyball? 80-85% dyan sagot ay si Valdez, next si Daquis at 3rd si Reyes...

Women's and Men's Volleyball started to get better,when they started to really weed out the non ,internaitonal level skill pretty face.Imagine if Gilas would also have that criteria,at least 5 players would not pass the idol look and would be dropped out of the lineup.Reality is if you have this criteria you will overllook some really talented players,this is not US Girls HS soccer team where half of the players were also in the Cheer team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information