Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1443

Thread: Philippines womens NT

  1. #1421
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,907
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    good luck finding a naturalize player for our girls.. gilas women been planning to naturalized someone (a chinese from almost a decade ago and girl name kelly hardeman) the reason? not enough $$$ to some politicians to make kelly and the chinese girl a NP.. The bar was set high for douthit and blatche NP. MVP paid big bucks for that.. can BW or ever bilena group pay big bucks to naturalize someone? like blatche type amount red tape?
    the thing is bw/ever bilena group can lobby to some other big companies to partner with them. unlike the men's team, we have all the availability of women's players after their college since we have no domestic pro league. we have a free hand in assembling it.

  2. #1422
    Senior Member C2Hamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,822
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    good luck finding a naturalize player for our girls.. gilas women been planning to naturalized someone (a chinese from almost a decade ago and girl name kelly hardeman) the reason? not enough $$$ to some politicians to make kelly and the chinese girl a NP.. The bar was set high for douthit and blatche NP. MVP paid big bucks for that.. can BW or ever bilena group pay big bucks to naturalize someone? like blatche type amount red tape?
    no 1 NP can turn around a team whose players doesnt have a professional league to play in to continue and develop its player. i dont know how the softball team is doing it but kudos to them. is there an ABL like league for softball that maybe our team can join or something? sayang e, if we have something good going, might as well start looking at ways into make it continuous for the future.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

    P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

  3. #1423
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,831
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm View Post
    no 1 NP can turn around a team whose players doesnt have a professional league to play in to continue and develop its player. i dont know how the softball team is doing it but kudos to them. is there an ABL like league for softball that maybe our team can join or something? sayang e, if we have something good going, might as well start looking at ways into make it continuous for the future.
    Problem as usual is, lack of market.. our obsession with men's basketball and women's volleyball is killing other sports
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  4. #1424
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    5'8 Filipina-American Vanessa De Jesus Commits to Duke

    Born of Filipino parents, in CA. Let's see if she's eligible tho.


    Apparently, she is also Zaire and Bronny's school-mate at Sierra Canyon

    https://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/st...uit-perfection


  5. #1425
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Problem as usual is, lack of market.. our obsession with men's basketball and women's volleyball is killing other sports

    Solution is to have a pool and retain the core and let them compete as a club team,overseas Invitationals.Let them banner,commercials whoever are the sponsors as long as at least 17 girls in rotation competing regularly.Logistics shouldn't be that hard once there's a commited sponsor and a competent team manager.It won't be pretty or easy,but the experience should take their skills to the nexe level.

  6. #1426
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    6,884

    Default

    GOLD! Congratulations, Gilas Women! A performance for the ages!
    Keep running, big boy.

  7. #1427
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,352
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Congrats Girls! this Gold medal solidifies our Division A status at FIBA Asia Womens

  8. #1428
    Senior Member GoPilipinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,842
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    TJ Manotoc
    @tjmanotoc
    Coach Pat: “I’m just so happy for the team. And sana mas mapansin nyo na kami now”

  9. #1429
    Senior Member Servinio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,113

    Thumbs up



    HISTORY!

    After years of being in the shadows of their famous and admired male counterparts, Lady Gilas Pilipinas finally showed that they can also reign supreme on the court after capturing the gold medal in Women’s Basketball at the 30th Southeast Asian Games Tuesday at the Mall of Asia Arena. The Filipinas maintained their intensity in beating many-time champion Thailand, 91-71, behind the good plays of Jack Danielle Animam, Janine Pontejos and Kelli Hayes. READ MORE

  10. #1430
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    The core of this team should go to a Mighty Sports type team and compete at least in two tournaments a year,it can be a rotational members with at least 15 players,in the team whenever they're free from school,outside pro league for filfors.

  11. #1431
    Senior Member judasmartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,184
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    The core of this team should go to a Mighty Sports type team and compete at least in two tournaments a year,it can be a rotational members with at least 15 players,in the team whenever they're free from school,outside pro league for filfors.
    Do you think Afril Bernardino will get any offers to play overseas with the way she played in the SEA Games?
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

  12. #1432
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Do you think Afril Bernardino will get any offers to play overseas with the way she played in the SEA Games?


    Oh yeah,if not in US/Euro at least the Pan Pacific like Japan,Korea,China or even Australia/Nz she'll be an asset to the team.But I sure hope that the rest who won't go anywhere else will be in a semipro team that will constantly compete and reinforced by eligible filfors.If they do the next gold will be the Asiad.

  13. #1433
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,037
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Question about Kelli Hayes: is she FIBA eligible or considered naturalized?

  14. #1434
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,831
    Country: Philippines
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  15. #1435
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    396
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2020...s-3x3-campaign

    I think the best way to uplift Women basketball here is to stage a Professional League for 5 x 5 sponsored by Sir Rico's Chooks-to-Go brand...that's my take on this issue.

  16. #1436
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    590
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    5'8 Filipina-American Vanessa De Jesus Commits to Duke

    Born of Filipino parents, in CA. Let's see if she's eligible tho.


    Apparently, she is also Zaire and Bronny's school-mate at Sierra Canyon

    https://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/st...uit-perfection

    This girl seems pretty good. My friend was wondering why he hasn't noticed her play for Duke and I found that it's because she's was just in Grade 11(a Junior) last year when Duke offered her. So I believe that's an early commit. She won't play 'til fall of this year. Duke's level on the women's side isn't as high as the men's but it's still good. Ranked #38 right now. Check out her latest play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1aea51B-oU this is at one of the biggest West Coast tournaments in the US. Sierra Canyon made it to the final and lost by 1. You can tell she likes to set up her teammates. Her playmaking and passing is what jumps out at me. Pull-up is good. Can shoot. Can drive and finish with contact. She's 5'8" now, could be 5'9/10" later. That's taller than Afril. Imagine, a Filipina PG on the taller side(taller than 5'6") just like how for the Men's we're usually debating the under 6footers lol. Regardless, I think this is interesting.

  17. #1437
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    396
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rzr_390 View Post
    This girl seems pretty good. My friend was wondering why he hasn't noticed her play for Duke and I found that it's because she's was just in Grade 11(a Junior) last year when Duke offered her. So I believe that's an early commit. She won't play 'til fall of this year. Duke's level on the women's side isn't as high as the men's but it's still good. Ranked #38 right now. Check out her latest play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1aea51B-oU this is at one of the biggest West Coast tournaments in the US. Sierra Canyon made it to the final and lost by 1. You can tell she likes to set up her teammates. Her playmaking and passing is what jumps out at me. Pull-up is good. Can shoot. Can drive and finish with contact. She's 5'8" now, could be 5'9/10" later. That's taller than Afril. Imagine, a Filipina PG on the taller side(taller than 5'6") just like how for the Men's we're usually debating the under 6footers lol. Regardless, I think this is interesting.
    I Think one of the best way to uplift the women basketball here is to include a women's division for future NBTC tournament..It sounds broken records already because I keep on mentioning this idea but I will never stop posting this suggestion for as long as I'm still an active member of this forum because I believe people running NBTC has this vision to discover new talents..mapapansin at mapapansin din ang mga ganitong message ko..I admit that before I tagged coach Eric Altamirano alongside coach Franz Pumaren as an active member of the so called Pirates of the Caribbean during their stint as RP Youth team's coach but we can't deny his contribution for this endeavor..and it's very inspiring indeed.

  18. #1438
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Boyprenin nya dapat si fellow Sierra Canyon student, Bronny

  19. #1439
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    396
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Guys do you have other details on this particular open try-out..kindly share something...thank you.

    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2020...ational-jersey

  20. #1440
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    474
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    Guys do you have other details on this particular open try-out..kindly share something...thank you.

    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2020...ational-jersey
    Who's that #15? She looks over 6 ft too.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •