Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1686

Thread: Philippines womens NT

  1. #1621
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    I am very surprised that this comments will pop up after this defeat..
    The girls need more A-Type games like these. China WNT has been playing games with top opposition since the start of summer and in the Olympics, so the big loss is expected. But even in big defeats such as this, PHL can learn lessons and draw experience the look back at.

  2. #1622
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,729
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    The girls need more A-Type games like these. China WNT has been playing games with top opposition since the start of summer and in the Olympics, so the big loss is expected. But even in big defeats such as this, PHL can learn lessons and draw experience the look back at.
    I hope SBP will invite Kai's sister next time and Taulava's daughter.. We need some height to upgrade our position at womens team.. We can be a better team than this one next time...

  3. #1623
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    I've watched the beginning of the NZ vs Korea game. I thought the Kiwis will do the Haka. They didnt do it. Why no Haka, is it reserved only for mens?

  4. #1624
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,835

    Default

    Lol at whoever put as above with Taipei in power rankings..its just were better as underdogs..

    As for program its the baby steps I focus on 3x3 where our gurls height disadvantage will be not be abused by our opponents
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  5. #1625
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,729
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Lol at whoever put as above with Taipei in power rankings..its just were better as underdogs..

    As for program its the baby steps I focus on 3x3 where our gurls height disadvantage will be not be abused by our opponents
    It's FIBA who puts us as minor favorite over Taipei.. I don't know why? Anyway a win vs India should be a must to remain at Division 1 status until the arrival of young tall gals likes of Erie Sotto to be a competitive.. Maybe we should hire a foreign coach also and another naturalized big to add some ceiling to our team...

  6. #1626
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    486
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I don't follow Women's Basketball NT much. I see we're just slightly smaller than our Japanese counterparts. Aside from the obvious skill level gap, what could be the other reason why we aren't remotely as good enough as the Japanese who went to the finals early this year? Is it the coaching? Lack of funding and support?

    Looks like the Women's NZ team also has their own Korean Curse after losing 69-85.

  7. #1627
    Senior Member mapuakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Iramoo Ward
    Posts
    583
    Country: Australia

    Default

    gilas wnt has a lot of undersized players...
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

  8. #1628
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    304
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    gilas wnt has a lot of undersized players...
    And very undersized at that. That game against China last night, no matter how forgettable that is, must be used as an example to further improve the state of women's basketball in our country. It exposed the glaring deficiencies of PHL WNT as far as continental level tournaments are concerned, and I feel sad more than embarrassed.

  9. #1629
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,729
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    And very undersized at that. That game against China last night, no matter how forgettable that is, must be used as an example to further improve the state of women's basketball in our country. It exposed the glaring deficiencies of PHL WNT as far as continental level tournaments are concerned, and I feel sad more than embarrassed.
    How many registered women ballers in our country? I think SBP should upgrade the line up of our womens team.. We need height in this category... We have some players there.. daming undersized players team natin...

  10. #1630
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    304
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    How many registered women ballers in our country? I think SBP should upgrade the line up of our womens team.. We need height in this category... We have some players there.. daming undersized players team natin...
    All the players in the Women's NBL, plus those in the amateurs and in the states. The local talent pool won't be enough, imo, as the athletically and height/length-gifted Pinays would rather try to be successful in volleyball rather than basketball.

    And yeah, they definitely need to upgrade size-wise. I don't care if the future teams build become very similar to Azkals (mostly foreign-developed players), what's important is we keep our place in the FIBA Asia div. 1 and continue competing at a very high level. It might inspire those people who run the WNBL and collegiate leagues for their leagues to get better, thus attracting talents with high potential in the future.

  11. #1631
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,109
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    japan has the same height as gilas women but look how they play


  12. #1632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    japan has the same height as gilas women but look how they play
    how different is the Japanese Women Olympic lineup to Asia Cup lineup? wow they play the same and shows why they are Olympic Silver medalists.

  13. #1633
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    What are WNT need.

    1. A good domestic league - which we have now but the fruits will be see in 5 to 10 years.
    2. Players playing in other leagues - we know Amman is now with Serbia league
    3. We mimic for now Japan plays. Outside to inside play. We need a lot more consistent shooting.

  14. #1634
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    That is reality dude.. Example is the Azkals.. Do you think they got their popularity from 2010 - 2014 w/o the Youghusband bros.? They have the skills and looks, the reason why Azkals get mainstream popularity that time.. Phil and James are instant celebrities.. You have to promote the sport and they need ambassadors to promote it.. Women's basketball is not popular here, And need to have ambassador to reach mileage popularity, especially from mainstream people.. Syempre kailangan din manalo for further exposure.. Even in women's volleyball.. who are popular there? Daquis, Valdez and Mika Reyes are most popular volleybelles right now, Although Santiago sisters are also in mention but if you tell the mainstream fans, Who are your favorite players in PHL volleyball? 80-85% dyan sagot ay si Valdez, next si Daquis at 3rd si Reyes...

    Women's and Men's Volleyball started to get better,when they started to really weed out the non ,internaitonal level skill pretty face.Imagine if Gilas would also have that criteria,at least 5 players would not pass the idol look and would be dropped out of the lineup.Reality is if you have this criteria you will overllook some really talented players,this is not US Girls HS soccer team where half of the players were also in the Cheer team.

  15. #1635
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    Country: United States

    Default

    We might need a foreign coach or consultant plus new tall recruits.

  16. #1636
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    What are WNT need.

    1. A good domestic league - which we have now but the fruits will be see in 5 to 10 years.
    2. Players playing in other leagues - we know Amman is now with Serbia league
    3. We mimic for now Japan plays. Outside to inside play. We need a lot more consistent shooting.

    and better coaching. Sure Pat Aquino is the best available coach for the job, he surely raised the standard of the WNT, and if i am not mistaken, he coached the team and levelled them up from FIBA Asia Division B to now Division A. But i guess, it's time to move on, and look for a coach outside of the country.

    He is a good recruiter and team manager, i think, its time forPat Aquino to be promoted to executive position, or director, ala Tab Baldwin in the mens, but minus the coaching.

  17. #1637
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    how different is the Japanese Women Olympic lineup to Asia Cup lineup? wow they play the same and shows why they are Olympic Silver medalists.
    Constant motion and platoon substitution ( 4 girls sub in, all at the same time, only their anchor in defense remains) , and no drop in level of talent when 2nd unit takes the floor.

  18. #1638
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Lol at whoever put as above with Taipei in power rankings..its just were better as underdogs..

    As for program its the baby steps I focus on 3x3 where our gurls height disadvantage will be not be abused by our opponents

    AUS vs PHL today, expect another bog blowout. But the real "game" for us is tomorrow Wednesday against CT. Warm up lang natin china and australia! lol.

  19. #1639
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,729
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    What are WNT need.

    1. A good domestic league - which we have now but the fruits will be see in 5 to 10 years.
    2. Players playing in other leagues - we know Amman is now with Serbia league
    3. We mimic for now Japan plays. Outside to inside play. We need a lot more consistent shooting.
    I admire coach Pat Aquino for his sacrifice on women's basketball, But SBP should hire a foreign coach for our team.. Coach Daleo or coach Dickel (or any available foreign coach) can do the job and coach Pat will be the 1st assistant... Then recruit most Fil-foreign Pinays.. much better under 16 years old for be eligible in FIBA sanctioned tournaments.. Syempre we still have local based players such as Erie Sotto to be prioritize.. SBP should upgrade our line up, It's already 6 years after we promoted to Div.1 status and still we didn't achieve results other than beating India consistently.. Our goal must beat Taipei and NZL first, maybe after 3-4 years, then step by step lang.. I watch some clips of yesterday's match, If individual talent lang paguusapan eh we can go toe to toe w/ China.. But because the latter has a system and height, Dun tayo lugi..

  20. #1640
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,729
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    AUS vs PHL today, expect another bog blowout. But the real "game" for us is tomorrow Wednesday against CT. Warm up lang natin china and australia! lol.
    We will lose to Taipei as of now.. we are lack of height and of course good system for international plays.. But if SBP will correct those things, in 5 years we can compete with them toe to toe...

Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •