This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    On another topic, a bit of a scary few days for Serbia.

Bjelica left a game yesterday in crutches and his foot injury is deemed serious. He was shut down by the Wolves for the rest of the season. If it is a broken foot/ligaments etc. This might even jeopardize his participation in the next Eurobasket.

Tonight also Bogdanovic went down again in pain, with an ankle injury to the same ankle that he has injured earlier this year and missed a lot of time. That is never good. But we will know more about that in a few days. Let's hope it's not a serious injury but rather a sprain...
    Yeah it seems Bjelica maybe snake bit when it comes to national team participation. But the tournament is still so far way I think it might not affect Serbia if many stars from other countries don't participate. And I think judging by other non Olympic qualyfing Eurobaskets it is a good possibility that many may unfortunately skip the tournament.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Yeah we share the same opinion. Bobby is the man. Also I would like to mention a guy that is often overlooked unfairly and he has accomplished similar things over his career. also being challenged in terms of talent etc. Jim Calhoun. What he did at UCONN is a phenomenal job.

Also I think that coaching greatness and legacy doesn't always come from just pure wins and championships. There are a lot of coaches who's influence on the game is eternal due to innovations and changes they brought to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
        I think if Latvia will gather all of its best players (Porzingis, brothers Bertrans, Strelniks, Tima, ....), it will surprise a lot of teams, they should be able to dig in even Serbia, but in reality I think the group second place guaranteed.
        I completely forgot about them, they could assemble a really good team, as you say. If their range gets going they could beat anyone.

Every eurobasket since the expansion to 24 teams, had 1 or 2 teams surprising everyone. Finland, Macedonia, Belgium, Ukraine... I wonder which one is next...
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
          I completely forgot about them, they could assemble a really good team, as you say. If their range gets going they could beat anyone.

Every eurobasket since the expansion to 24 teams, had 1 or 2 teams surprising everyone. Finland, Macedonia, Belgium, Ukraine... I wonder which one is next...
          The surprise may be forthcoming not only from Latvia, but also from Slovenia, Croatia, Greece or Italy. I call it a surprise, that these teams can push out of the semi-finals any of the favorites command. Of course, Greece and Italy could even be attributed to the favorites group, but lately they are playing worse than their potential.

Comment

Seems like Pau is going to play. If both brothers will come, yet another gold medal for Spain...Damn, how much it means to have one true all around gem, leader. Spain is dominant since 2003 (very competitive since 2001) and the key is Pau.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

With this Latvia team, Serbia has yet to strongly fight for the first place in the group

PG Janis Strielniks 191, PG Janis Blums 191
              PG/SG Dairis Bertrans 192; SG Aigars Skele 192; SG/SF Kristaps Janicenoks 196
              SF Daivis Bertrans 205; SF Janis Tima 201; SF/ PF Ojers Silins 205
              PF Rolands Freimanis 210; PF Mareks Mejers 207 / PF Martins Mejers 206;
              PF/C Kristaps Porzingis 221; PF/C Kaspars Berzins 213 / C Anjei Pasečniks 210

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
                With this Latvia team, Serbia has yet to strongly fight for the first place in the group

PG Janis Strielniks 191, PG Janis Blums 191
                PG/SG Dairis Bertrans 192; SG Aigars Skele 192; SG/SF Kristaps Janicenoks 196
                SF Daivis Bertrans 205; SF Janis Tima 201; SF/ PF Ojers Silins 205
                PF Rolands Freimanis 210; PF Mareks Mejers 207 / PF Martins Mejers 206;
                PF/C Kristaps Porzingis 221; PF/C Kaspars Berzins 213 / C Anjei Pasečniks 210
                That Latvia team can beat Serbia at full strength if both teams play at high level, maybe once in 10-15 games...

Comment

That Latvia team can beat Serbia at full strength if both teams play at high level, maybe once in 10-15 games...
                  Latvians in their shooting day can steal the game againts any europe team including Serbia.Serbia is beatable, Spain with Pau in playoffs mood not really...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                    Latvians in their shooting day can steal the game againts any europe team including Serbia.Serbia is beatable, Spain with Pau in playoffs mood not really...
                    That's why I said precisely, if both teams play their A game that's the outcome. How often can you have a fantastic shooting day? How often the other team will play terrible defense? How often the other team will play like shit on their offense etc. When you add all those things, you get the expectations.

It's not saying that Serbia or Spain cannot be beaten (they both can), the point was the likelyhood of that happening.

Comment

That's why I said precisely, if both teams play their A game that's the outcome. How often can you have a fantastic shooting day? How often the other team will play terrible defense? How often the other team will play like shit on their offense etc. When you add all those things, you get the expectations.

It's not saying that Serbia or Spain cannot be beaten (they both can), the point was the likelyhood of that happening.
                      Once in 5 games and Latvias outshouts Serbia im sure.Definetely not in 15,as you trying to show as serbia is some kind monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        Once in 5 games and Latvias outshouts Serbia im sure.Definetely not in 15,as you trying to show as serbia is some kind monsters.
                        10 to 15 I said. That is not that bad odds vs a heavily favored team. By outshooting someone you won't always win a game, keep that in mind too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                          If I were coaching Italy, I'd leave Bargnani and Belinelli home, in case they were having the same effect as in the past, in my opinion that improves Italian chances by a lot. Not that they're bad players, but in the past they didn't fit one bit and hurted their team.
                          Belinelli is the best italian player with NT in the last 10 years!

Gallinari is the most overrated player in fiba basketball,he played well with NT only one time in the eurobasket 2015,then last year Saric destroyed him in the most important game for our NT in the last 12 years!

many people in Italy called him "winner" maybe with playstation he's a winner not in basketball!

I think Spain and Serbia will be the main cotnender for the gold,possibile under dog i see slovenia with Dragic and doncic they have the best backcourt of the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                            Belinelli is the best italian player with NT in the last 10 years!
                            Best player of Italian team which couldn't win anything for 10 years...maybe Gallinari isn't the answer, but it's surely not Belinelli

PS: Hezonja out from EB. Pretty huge loss for Croatia, but for them Bogdanovic and Saric is the key.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

By outshooting someone you won't always win a game, keep that in mind too.
                              I think that is implied ) .You win by scoring a single point more than your opponent . But i get your point , no worries .
                              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

I would be more cautious in such statements may be sufficient once.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information