Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EuroBasket prediction 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Once in 5 games and Latvias outshouts Serbia im sure.Definetely not in 15,as you trying to show as serbia is some kind monsters.
    10 to 15 I said. That is not that bad odds vs a heavily favored team. By outshooting someone you won't always win a game, keep that in mind too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    If I were coaching Italy, I'd leave Bargnani and Belinelli home, in case they were having the same effect as in the past, in my opinion that improves Italian chances by a lot. Not that they're bad players, but in the past they didn't fit one bit and hurted their team.
    Belinelli is the best italian player with NT in the last 10 years!

Gallinari is the most overrated player in fiba basketball,he played well with NT only one time in the eurobasket 2015,then last year Saric destroyed him in the most important game for our NT in the last 12 years!

many people in Italy called him "winner" maybe with playstation he's a winner not in basketball!

I think Spain and Serbia will be the main cotnender for the gold,possibile under dog i see slovenia with Dragic and doncic they have the best backcourt of the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Belinelli is the best italian player with NT in the last 10 years!
    Best player of Italian team which couldn't win anything for 10 years...maybe Gallinari isn't the answer, but it's surely not Belinelli

PS: Hezonja out from EB. Pretty huge loss for Croatia, but for them Bogdanovic and Saric is the key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    By outshooting someone you won't always win a game, keep that in mind too.
    I think that is implied ) .You win by scoring a single point more than your opponent . But i get your point , no worries .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

That Latvia team can beat Serbia at full strength if both teams play at high level, maybe once in 10-15 games...
    I would be more cautious in such statements may be sufficient once.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Best player of Italian team which couldn't win anything for 10 years...maybe Gallinari isn't the answer, but it's surely not Belinelli

PS: Hezonja out from EB. Pretty huge loss for Croatia, but for them Bogdanovic and Saric is the key.
    Neither Belinelli or Gallinari are leader,but i don't udnerstand beacuase many people think that Gallinari is untouchable or infallible!

With Nt Belinelli often played point guard,not his role as you know!

Why Hezonia won't play?

Quote Originally Posted by G&B View Post
    I would be more cautious in such statements may be sufficient once.
    If it happens, it happens. I am not a fortune teller. We are just talking about realistic probabilities of things happening. For example, what is realistic chance that let's say Greece wins this European Championship. Let's put it at 2-5% for example.

Of course if you say that Greeks will win it once in 50 times, it will sound harsh. I gave them 10% chance, is that so bad?

If it happens, it happens. I am not a fortune teller. We are just talking about realistic probabilities of things happening. For example, what is realistic chance that let's say Greece wins this European Championship. Let's put it at 2-5% for example.

Of course if you say that Greeks will win it once in 50 times, it will sound harsh. I gave them 10% chance, is that so bad?
    Now it is difficult to say who will win medals, because there is no known lineups. Yes, Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy and Latvia can gather very powerful teams. If you thinking that medals will share Spain, France and Serbia, That I would not be surprised if none of the Quartet team will not play in the finals, because they all also have weaknesses.
    For example in our country's federation hopes to assemble a better team than in 2013 and 2015, where was to win the silver medals, and also poses the highest goals, but it is unclear whether it will succeed because in 2011 is also expected, but so did not receive their best players, and here still, and a new coach.

What's so bad about current Greece NT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    What's so bad about current Greece NT?
    I was speaking hypothetically Not realistic probabilities. Just trying to demonstrate the point, of how actual probabilities and saying them out loud change perception of in the ears of the people.

Batum most probably will miss eurobasket!

news about Parker and Diaw?

Parker has officially retired. On the other hand, Diaw will probably be available.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Parker has officially retired. On the other hand, Diaw will probably be available.
    Diaw already confirmed he will play unless he is injured.

Among old guys that could have come, Mahinmi is also retired from nt.

Gobert will probably miss this Eurobasket, Utah is not known (cf Kirilenko) to let their top player play during summer especially in meaningless competitions.

We had the "parker" (and old teammates) tour last two years, i guess 2017 will be Gasol's retirement tour.

It will be a brand new french team most likely, with rookies as role players at the international level especially for our frontcourt.

Clear fav will be Spain, then Serbia/Lithuania if everyone comes. France will try to get to the semi but realistic objective is 1/4 final. We have to rebuild to have something competitive with the new qualification system.

Gallinari has declined a player option on his contract with Nuggets. That means he will become a free agent July 1st and it is a huge possibility that because of that he will miss Eurobasket...

Gallinari has declined a player option on his contract with Nuggets. That means he will become a free agent July 1st and it is a huge possibility that because of that he will miss Eurobasket...
    Yes,he said that he isn't sure to join NT next summer!

I think he'll join because this is last time for this generation to win something ,but in the worst case there will be Da-Da-Da Pascolo to replace him

Yes,he said that he isn't sure to join NT next summer!

I think he'll join because this is last time for this generation to win something ,but in the worst case there will be Da-Da-Da Pascolo to replace him
    Dada working the high post against the European superpowers. That will be something to watch.

One has to take into consideration the pool of talent in a certain period of time a team like Greece has. Then one can estimate chances of winning a European Championship. Historical results are rather irrelevant. I mean, the last time Serbia has won gold in Eurobasket was in 2001, which is almost two decades ago. But if you would have calculated their chances in tournaments after 2001 based on historical results, they would be quite high.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Since 2007 Spain collected 3 gold medals out of 5 EB. Only once didn't reach the final (2013). All teams chances don't look good compared to Spain at this point It would be nice if new team would become a champ. Spain has dominated for so long now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Neither Belinelli or Gallinari are leader,but i don't udnerstand beacuase many people think that Gallinari is untouchable or infallible!

With Nt Belinelli often played point guard,not his role as you know!

Why Hezonia won't play?
    Watching the OKC-Denver game right now, and Gallinari is on fire. He sometimes looks really infallible. One of the best euro scorers.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

When we talk about theoretical possibilities, here are all equal. If we talk about practical possibilities , it is too early to consider the if not know of command formations. If we are talking about potential chances, it have, a team already who won medals in the last 5 years, since any of these teams find players who already have medals.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast