Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serbia vs Greece 93:61. I had to say I was hoping for more interesting game but it was a sweeper.

Comment

• have you see Fiba.com's power ranking?

MUNICH (FIBA EuroBasket 2017) - Two more weeks have passed since the last Power Rankings. Preparation games are in full flow, time for us to track the movers!

it was updated on Aug 10th but still controversial imho. here is the ranking:

1-Spain
      2-Greece
      3-Serbia
      4-Croatia
      5-Lithuania
      6-Slovenia
      7-France
      8-Turkey
      9-Georgia
      10-Italy
      11-Latvia
      12-Montenegro
      13-Israel
      14-Czech Republic
      15-Poland
      16-Belgium
      17-Russia
      18-Finland
      19-Germany
      20-Ukraine
      21-Great Britain
      22-Hungary
      23-Iceland
      24-Romania
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        have you see Fiba.com's power ranking?
        I did, wish I wouldn't The same like every year, lot of nonsenses, especially when they (or he, whoever ranks the teams) tries to explain his decisions why

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          have you see Fiba.com's power ranking?

MUNICH (FIBA EuroBasket 2017) - Two more weeks have passed since the last Power Rankings. Preparation games are in full flow, time for us to track the movers!

it was updated on Aug 10th but still controversial imho. here is the ranking:

1-Spain
          2-Greece
          3-Serbia
          4-Croatia
          5-Lithuania
          6-Slovenia
          7-France
          8-Turkey
          9-Georgia
          10-Italy
          11-Latvia
          12-Montenegro
          13-Israel
          14-Czech Republic
          15-Poland
          16-Belgium
          17-Russia
          18-Finland
          19-Germany
          20-Ukraine
          21-Great Britain
          22-Hungary
          23-Iceland
          24-Romania
          It's totally unclear why Greece is - secondly, in the group may be. 1/4 finals for this team the highest rating.

Serbia also does not consider it to be a candidate for medals. A real 4-5 team in this tournament.

Turkey - 8 ???, only just because play at home?
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          France - 7 ))) ???, they are real contenders for medals.

Latvia, with Porzingis, moves to the 11th place???. you're the real contenders for the first place in group. Serbia is stronger especially in the tournament where more power will be needed, but whether there are many players in the Eurolyga and the NBA to stop Porzingis.

Comment

• G&B, you don't stop to amaze us . I am dead curious to hear who are yours 1-3 teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
              G&B, you don't stop to amaze us . I am dead curious to hear who are yours 1-3 teams?
              Lithuania for gold, Lietuva for silver and Latvia for bronze
              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by r1ou View Post
                lithuania for gold, lietuva for silver and latvia for bronze :d
                :d :d :d
                Last edited by G&B; 08-15-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

G&B, you don't stop to amaze us . I am dead curious to hear who are yours 1-3 teams?
                  The last two championships EC-2013 and EC-2015 were three teams that only slightly changed their places, so the trend is the same, and miracles are unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by G&B View Post
                    The last two championships EC-2013 and EC-2015 were three teams that only slightly changed their places, so the trend is the same, and miracles are unlikely.
                    Ah, so the trend is the thing to watch for. Good, this was an eye opener, gotta go to the bookie's straight away and place some serious money as I know now the order of first 3 teams.

Yeah, right...

Comment

Ah, so the trend is the thing to watch for. Good, this was an eye opener, gotta go to the bookie's straight away and place some serious money as I know now the order of first 3 teams.

Yeah, right...
                      Why not, I profitable often use of stupid bookmaker coefficients.
                      Last edited by G&B; 08-16-2017, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Huge loss for Spain, Lull is probably their best guard at the moment and one of the best in Europe. Spain is still heavy favourite, IMO, specially with Serbia's problems (Raduljica out). I think (suddenly, specially in Slovenia's case) such teams as Slovenia and Russia becomes border-line powerhouses of this EB. Still not sure where to put Greece, they are preparing without Giannis mainly as understand which may be a huge problem (again). But now I see such branches:

1. Spain.
                        2. Serbia, Lithuania, France, Croatia, Greece
                        3. Russia, Slovenia

Regarding second branch, I don't think Serbia stands out any more from other teams, too many losses, 3-5 postions are not convincing enough, yet their backourt won't be 100% tuned as well with some injuries or losses. Lithuania my be one of the most complete and balanced teams this EB which exceptionally deep and flexible position 3 which allows to cover most of the flaws in other positions (2 and 4). France is suffering from the lack of quality position 3. If they are extremely dangerous offensively with Fournier, De Colo, Huertel at 1-3 positions so they may suffer from this defensively (the game against Lithuania in Kaunas). Croatia looks red hot with Saric and Bogdanovic dominating, but on the highest stage and late in the knock out stage those 2 studs may be not enough to do it all. The question is how much their veterans as Popovic and Tomas will be able to help during all the tournament. I'm not surprised they would reach the final or even wins it all. Bogdanovic and specially Saric are that dangerous these days, they can outshine best duets (even teams) of the EB on a good day. Greece is mystery, but they are so quality and deep and have Giannis. Only they know how good they can be.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• judging by preparation games, popović and tomas are former players. nothing good can be expected from them

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            Huge loss for Spain, Lull is probably their best guard at the moment and one of the best in Europe. Spain is still heavy favourite, IMO, specially with Serbia's problems (Raduljica out). I think (suddenly, specially in Slovenia's case) such teams as Slovenia and Russia becomes border-line powerhouses of this EB. Still not sure where to put Greece, they are preparing without Giannis mainly as understand which may be a huge problem (again). But now I see such branches:

1. Spain.
                            2. Serbia, Lithuania, France, Croatia, Greece
                            3. Russia, Slovenia

Regarding second branch, I don't think Serbia stands out any more from other teams, too many losses, 3-5 postions are not convincing enough, yet their backourt won't be 100% tuned as well with some injuries or losses. Lithuania my be one of the most complete and balanced teams this EB which exceptionally deep and flexible position 3 which allows to cover most of the flaws in other positions (2 and 4)
                            That's fairly objective, Serbia has still maybe the strongest backcourt combination in the tournament. Basically only Nedovic will be missing and he will be replaced by Milosavjlevic. Indeed there are some absences in forwards but still you can't say that it's not convincing. As it was pointed previously they're top favorites on par with Spain, I have yet to understand why some LTU fans here insist considering them as a tier-2 team.

It should be something like that below.

1) Spain, Serbia, France
                            2) Greece, Lithuania, Croatia
                            3) Italy, Slovenia, Latvia etc
                            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• for me this 8 teams are strongest ones and should make 1/4 stage:

Spain,Serbia,France,Greece,Lithuania,Croatia,Italy ,Slovenia

If any other will make 1/4 stage it will be suprise.But every tournament have a cinderella team and that cinderella team will make upset.

Dark horses Turkey at home and Latvia.

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                                I have yet to understand why some LTU fans here insist considering them as a tier-2 team.
                                Too many losses. Jokic, Bjelica, Markovic, Raduljica. Probably Nedovic as well. All these players played important roles for Serbia previously, 2 of them are key players. Whether Serbia has the best backourt on Eurobasket or not it's an open question, I think France has better one f.e., but they don't have any true studs at 3-5 positions, specially 3-4. We already discussed that. I don't treat them as tier-2, as it would be some second rate team, no, but I see them, France, Lithuania, Croatia, Greece as pretty much equal teams. To me Spain still stand outs with Pau (in the first place) and Marc duet as a hands down by far best duet of the tournament (even if there are great ones like Donic/Dragic, Teo/Bogdanovic, De Colo/Fournier et cetera), they have depth, young and upcoming NBA role players. Maybe I'm underrating Serbia, but I contrary can't understand why people are so high on them. They had flaws, like losing to Lithuania in semis of 2015, or not standing a tiny chance against USA both WC and Olympics while Spain somehow is always able to give them a fight. So I just can't put them at the same level with Spain so far, that's it. If they had all their talents I would though. Studs like Bjelica and specially Jokic would change things a lot.
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information