Adriatic league 2007/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buducnost PG
    And a new win for Partizan in NLB league. Today we won in Ljubljana against Olimpija with 83-60. Partizan finished the game with the following 5.

Tepic
    Riznic
    Milosevic
    Borovnjak
    Djurkovic

Marko Milic get injured during the 1st quarter and after that not entered the game. I hope he will be fine for the game against Virtus.

We are 10-1 now in NLB.
    if Olimpija was playing half as good as vs. CSKA you'd be finishing with that lineup as well, but on the other hand Taylor never heard of Tepić or Tripković so by his opinion they're not called Macijauskas/Langdon and aren't worth a try defending and out of 3 americans Taylor was actually the best ...better not to start about Bailey and Booker...
    congratulations to Partizan, but this performance blew away the bottom of a barrel, 6th unorganised game in a row with Olimpija playing on a level of 2nd hungarian division is too much, they really got me pissed on this one. Booker, Bailey and Anderson must go and I don't care if I'll have to watch Močnik for 35 minutes and Mulalič for 20 minutes in Bologna, they've lost all their credit from both euroleague home wins as far as I am concerned. Olimpija is in a deep crisis and I want changes now since games like this are anti propaganda for basketball and won't help saving the club a bit.

for gods sake Milošević and Borovnjak were joking from us worse than they'd be playing vs. guys in their own age cathegory

won't go far with the referees, but the treatment Olimpija is getting in this league is not even ridiciolus but more of hilarious and than people whine about Pukl (I wholefully agree about his incompetence), I wouldn't whistle normaly either in this league... no one does...
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 11-24-2007, 05:59 PM.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
      if Olimpija was playing half as good as vs. CSKA you'd be finishing with that lineup as well, but on the other hand Taylor never heard of Tepić or Tripković so by his opinion they're not called Macijauskas/Langdon and aren't worth a try defending and out of 3 americans Taylor was actually the best ...better not to start about Bailey and Booker...
      congratulations to Partizan, but this performance blew away the bottom of a barrel, 6th unorganised game in a row with Olimpija playing on a level of 2nd hungarian division is too much, they really got me pissed on this one. Booker, Bailey and Anderson must go and I don't care if I'll have to watch Močnik for 35 minutes and Mulalič for 20 minutes in Bologna, they've lost all their credit from both euroleague home wins as far as I am concerned. Olimpija is in a deep crisis and I want changes now since games like this are anti propaganda for basketball and won't help saving the club a bit.

for gods sake Milošević and Borovnjak were joking from us worse than they'd be playing vs. guys in their own age cathegory

won't go far with the referees, but the treatment Olimpija is getting in this league is not even ridiciolus but more of hilarious and than people whine about Pukl (I wholefully agree about his incompetence), I wouldn't whistle normaly either in this league... no one does...

Yeah yeah if if. If Partizan had played with 100% it would be more then +23.

Now without joking.

I think there is no chemistry by your team. You have only centers on paper. But IMO Bailey and Anderson should be fired, when Gorenc and Ozbolt are back. Anderson even earlier. Mocnik should get his chance more often in front of Bailey.

Booker and Rizivc get owned today. Best situation was when 1st Borovnjak and then Vranes blocked Rizvic. Or at on situation when Rizvic was posting up against the 10cm smaller Milosevic and still couldn´t make the basket. Booker should play more under the basket. He is more around the 3-pointline then under the basket. That is no Center. No Center for Olimpija.

And the reporter on SLO2 was right, when he said that some of these american players, are not worth to wear Olimpija jersey.

Olimpija should search for a real center. But it is not easy to find a good one at this moment.

And did you know something about the injury of Milic?

Comment

Yeah yeah if if. If Partizan had played with
        I think there is no chemistry by your team. You have only centers on paper. But IMO Bailey and Anderson should be fired, when Gorenc and Ozbolt are back. Anderson even earlier. Mocnik should get his chance more often in front of Bailey.

Booker and Rizivc get owned today. Best situation was when 1st Borovnjak and then Vranes blocked Rizvic. Or at on situation when Rizvic was posting up against the 10cm smaller Milosevic and still couldn´t make the basket. Booker should play more under the basket. He is more around the 3-pointline then under the basket. That is no Center. No Center for Olimpija.

And the reporter on SLO2 was right, when he said that some of these american players, are not worth to wear Olimpija jersey.

Olimpija should search for a real center. But it is not easy to find a good one at this moment.

And did you know something about the injury of Milic?
        you're absolutely right about all this, my point of view exactly, with more than 23 margin if Partizan decided to play included, which just makes the reality even worse and more cruel...
        Booker should either play under the rim and stop with his jump shots, but he obviously doesn't have any proper center technic to show it on court, at least I haven't seen any move of his like that yet and as far as I am concerned he can go wherever he wants to and I won't care one bit... Slovan maybee ...
        Močnik does tend to screw up things at some moments, but with him in the game the game is just much more fluid and agressive than with Bailey that honestly yesterday seemed as on weed or nt giving a f*ck about winning or loosing since Memi didn't use him untill the end of 2nd Q and just went solo everytime he got the ball. I hope there will be no need to use him again on any game .
        The time couldn't be more unapropriate than this, but imo Anderson and Bailey should get fired right away... i mean we ove big ammounts of money to loads of players, I don't care if we get one more Bailey on the list, as long as he gets away from the team. I'm sure he would be welcomed instead of Clemons in Slovan, but definately not a player for any significant level... and his strenght are supposed to be team-play
        Rizvič is just Rizvič, but I think he'll get his share in the next games, he did get fouled twiced imo, while of course those 2 blocks on a row are inexcusable, but aren't likely to happen in euroleague as no other team has Vranješ

Milič reportedly twisted his ankle, hopefully he'll be ready for euroleague game.

once again congrats to Partizan, at this moment the best team in adriatic league, although I wouldn't mind if we sucked just a bit less, to at least make it a D of a derby...
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Slovenians whats up with you? All 3 teams won and nobody is writing something about it. Slovan beat Cibona 85-81. Great job. Helios beat Red star by 15 points or so. And Olimpija finaly won against Zagreb in Zagreb. Baily and Hukic had a very nice game.

FMP is still strugeling. They los the 8 game in the row. Buducnost beat them 79-76. Bakic hit a 3-pointer in the last second for the win.

Zadar easily beat Hemofarm in Zadar. Joksimovic had a very bad game today. He had Index of -5 at the end.

Vojvodina easily beat Split. Ivanovic had a good game for Vojvodina. Stipanovic with a very good game for Split with 20p and 17reb and 4ast.

And Partizan won with 81-71 against Siroki.

Comment

• I dont really understand why FMP made it such a big deal that they were calling the 5 young players up from FMP 2. More than likely none will play much and all still play on FMP 2 anyways. I hope Musli will get minutes but it is unlikely. Raduljica can not even get enough. If they got rid of Erceg it would be perfect. Where has Macvan been? Is he injured or just not playing since he turned 18?
            Srbija - Quadruple Crown 2007

Comment

• Where is Shariff Fajardo?
              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

• Originally posted by PRSURF
                Where is Shariff Fajardo?
                無料エロ動画を毎日アップしています。 美少女から熟女まで、パイパン、中出し、巨乳や人気AV女優などジャンル別に厳選されたエロワールドの無料エロ動画をご視聴下さい。

His team is on the last place at the moment with a score 2-12.

Comment

http://www.adriaticbasket.com/igraci.php?id=940

His team is on the last place at the moment with a score 2-12.
                  Wow, thanks.
                  Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                  16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                  Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                  8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Slovenians whats up with you? All 3 teams won and nobody is writing something about it. Slovan beat Cibona 85-81. Great job. Helios beat Red star by 15 points or so. And Olimpija finaly won against Zagreb in Zagreb. Baily and Hukic had a very nice game.
                    I guess we were all to shocked that all 3 teams won, for the first time after 2004 ...wow, that was really long streak... that happens when every season one team decides to suck.

Helios got Močnik back, while Janža and Moro are slowely returning from the injuries as well. If Močnik could develope up to the hype from 4 years ago he might become one of the better PG's in the league as he is showcasing in last two games (NLB+1.A skl). Helios still lost too many games in the last minutes, they might get few wins more easily with some luck or a better coach but I hope this game would become a turning point for them.

Slovan finaly registered DeMarco Johnson, Cibona probably took them too easy, but I don't doubt much with DeMarco Slovan improved... afterall I can't exactly understand what's going on with him, after his performances with Olympiakos few years back and Olimpija two seasons ago I'd say he could earn much more than Slovan is giving him
                    Slovan is 4-4 in slovenian league (prepare for slovenians demaning 5th team in NLB ) and I have a feeling Laško or Krka might surpass them in the championship and qualify to next edition of NLB. hopefully Krka would be the one with their main sponsor waking up they could gather a respective team once again... Laško would again average 300 fans per game unless they would be the leading team...

anyway, nice round I must say I wouldn't mind if that would repeat from time to time.

And Partizan won with 81-71 against Siroki.
                    no secret I'd prefer Široki ending last, Slovenia keeping 3 spots and Bosna in adriatic league next season, but with Fajardo and that other guy they've brought it seems they improved a bit, otherwise they wouldn't be loosing by 10 points only.

Vojvodina is surprising me lately, while if FMP was getting rid of Erceg and maybee even Samardzinski to develope Musli and Mačvan the situation would be perfect for any team but themselves... they'd make loads of team a favour than

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                      I guess we were all to shocked that all 3 teams won, for the first time after 2004 ...wow, that was really long streak... that happens when every season one team decides to suck.

Helios got Močnik back, while Janža and Moro are slowely returning from the injuries as well. If Močnik could develope up to the hype from 4 years ago he might become one of the better PG's in the league as he is showcasing in last two games (NLB+1.A skl). Helios still lost too many games in the last minutes, they might get few wins more easily with some luck or a better coach but I hope this game would become a turning point for them.

Slovan finaly registered DeMarco Johnson, Cibona probably took them too easy, but I don't doubt much with DeMarco Slovan improved... afterall I can't exactly understand what's going on with him, after his performances with Olympiakos few years back and Olimpija two seasons ago I'd say he could earn much more than Slovan is giving him
                      Slovan is 4-4 in slovenian league (prepare for slovenians demaning 5th team in NLB ) and I have a feeling Laško or Krka might surpass them in the championship and qualify to next edition of NLB. hopefully Krka would be the one with their main sponsor waking up they could gather a respective team once again... Laško would again average 300 fans per game unless they would be the leading team...

anyway, nice round I must say I wouldn't mind if that would repeat from time to time.

no secret I'd prefer Široki ending last, Slovenia keeping 3 spots and Bosna in adriatic league next season, but with Fajardo and that other guy they've brought it seems they improved a bit, otherwise they wouldn't be loosing by 10 points only.

Vojvodina is surprising me lately, while if FMP was getting rid of Erceg and maybee even Samardzinski to develope Musli and Mačvan the situation would be perfect for any team but themselves... they'd make loads of team a favour than

You are absoulutly right about Helios. I mean they played a very nice season last year and the also keeped a lot players from last season. The lost Pavic (where is he now?) and Doncic. I saw 3 games of them this season. The 1st against Buducnost, the one against Olimpija and the one against Slovan. They lost all of this 3 games, but especially on a very stupid way against Slovan. Slovan hit a 3pointer with 3sec to go after they grabbed a offensivrebound before. Helios also missed some FW´s in the end. Against Buducnost they played OK and had a nice period, but then they were not able to hit a basket for couple of minuets and so Buducnost get the win. Against Olimpija they played a nice 1st half. But Olimpija is on the opponent where they have to search for a win. But as you said, they lost to many games at home for now and that against teams like Buducnost, Vojvodina and FMP. I think they will not be last, but i checked the last 14 games of Slovan, Siroki, Helios and Zagreb and Helios will have 8 games on the road and 6 at home.

Slovan beat 2 euroleague teams with Olimpija and Cibona. But they will face a hard 2nd round with 9 of the following 14 games on the road. For me they are to focused on only devoloping players to be able to sell them away after one time. Sure that they can do this and they have the right to do this, but selling players like Dragic, Vidmar and Preldzic that early to clubs like Fener and Tau is not the best for slovenian basketball in my opinion. I think that a team like Krka would be a better NLB team for slovenia.

Siroki get better with Fajardo and Pedroza but they are still missing a decent Center. IMO they have no real center in the team. On paper it looks like they have easier games in the 2nd round the the teams mentionend abowe. They will have 8 games at home and 6 on the road. The big problem of them is that they are not able to win on the road for a very long time. So the home games are very very important for them.

Vojvodina is playing good for there possibilities. They won easily against Split and also played quite well in Zadar for around 35min. But then they were not able to made a basket. But i also think that their coach is not the best. It is a nice result for them to have 6/6 now, but i think that they could have grabbed a win more with better coaching. They lost a won game against Slovan and also against Zvezda they lost in the last seconds.

FMP is a factory. They have no fans and no tradition. Their 1st goal is to sell players and get good money for them. And then we have the case in this season that the son of Nebojsa Covic (the owner of the club, for the people that are not informed about it) Fili Covic had to play and be the main PG. FMP=Filip must play . But i will say it here what i also said for Slovan. They have the right to sell the players, but the think that dissapoints me is that they are talking about hey we are producing talented players and so on and then sell the players to early to a big club. They are not realy interested if it is the right choice now or not. That what matters is the money and that´s it. If they would sell the players to Partizan or Olimpija for a fair price we would be lucky. But this is not the case. The same happend with Ukic and Tomas. Both were sold from medicore NLB teams to one of the biggest clubs in europe and get barley playing time. And now they are both on loan. They are both improving. But i am sure, that if both would have gone to Cibona or some other teams where they could have played one from the begining they would be better players now. Because both of them were great in NLB in my opinion and croatias biggest talents. But the problem is that only the biggest clubs have the money buy this players.

And also Zagreb is in the game for the last place. I wrote a post on troglav.net forum last weekend with the opponents for Slovan, Helios, Siroki and Zagreb and i will put it here now.

Siroki
                      H Zagreb
                      H FMP
                      A Slovan
                      H Helios
                      A Zadar
                      H Hemofarm
                      A Zvezda
                      H Cibona
                      A Buducnost
                      H Olimpija
                      H Vojvodina
                      A Split
                      H Partizan
                      A Zagreb

Zagreb
                      A Siroki
                      A Split
                      H Partizan
                      A Vojvodina
                      A FMP
                      H Slovan
                      A Helios
                      H Zadar
                      A Hemofarm
                      H Zvezda
                      A Cibona
                      H Buducnost
                      A Olimpija
                      H Siroki

Helios
                      A Cibona
                      A Buducnost
                      H Olimpija
                      A Siroki
                      H Split
                      A Partizan
                      H Zagreb
                      A FMP
                      H Slovan
                      A Vojvodina
                      A Zadar
                      H Hemofarm
                      A Zvezda
                      H Cibona

Slovan
                      A Buducnost
                      A Olimpija
                      H Siroki
                      A Split
                      A Partizan
                      A Zagreb
                      H FMP
                      A Vojvodina
                      A Helios
                      H Zadar
                      A Hemofarm
                      H Zvezda
                      A Cibona
                      H Buducnost

Comment

• Pavič will reportedly be a free agent soon, leaving AEK. It will be interesting to see where he'll end up next already this late in the season. Both Slo teams oin adriatic league could use him imo.

Haven't realised Slovan and Helios have that many away games untill the end of the season, I guess especially Helios might surprise on one or maybee accidently two games on the road, while winning half of their home games. Imo they've already spent the chance to achieve something more than 9th-10th place this season.
                        While for Slovan... I'll still be just happy if they don't finish last and maybee beat Široki and Zagreb.

Krka has some home-raised players from which 1-2 might end up with probably decent career, while most of all, they'd fill the arena competing in adriatic league after all this time again... I am also cheering for them to return back.

Sure that they can do this and they have the right to do this, but selling players like Dragic, Vidmar and Preldzic that early to clubs like Fener and Tau is not the best for slovenian basketball in my opinion.
                        Most definately agree on this subject. The examples of players going abroad too soon are clear, all the way from (as you said Ukič, Tomas to Lončar, Slokar, Perović, Teodošić, Vidmar, Omerhodžić, Preldžić, Rašić, Kešelj, Bojan Bogdanović and on and on...
                        If Slovan managed to keep Dragič and Zupan last year and Vidmar, Preldžić, Begić this year they'd be a solid teams in both seasons... not even starting on FMP, since all they need is Rašić or Teodošić and that would improve their W/L ratio by a lot this year.

Managers are the ones to blame, selling clouds in the skies to youngsters, than they get in a loaded team with absolutely no patience for their development... not to mention home-raised talent always gets an advantage (sth. normal). Ex-Yu area has a clear edge on developing players towards Spain, Italy, Russia... thanks to Aca Nikolić, other former coaches and former league that consequently left enormous knowledge of bball in the area. Yet players are leaving and underdeveloping later, because leaving too soon or by getting a chance at a very young age on a level way too high for them with everybody persuading them they're the next MJ's, ussualy later turning from an all-round prospect into a 3point throwing machine because of it.
                        I get sort of alergy whenever I read something about the next big thing out of the balkans when a 17 years old scores some points in adriatic league, since we all know that story already...
                        this way I prefer guys as Dragič jr., Vesely, Krušič, both Močnik's and some others in Slovenian clubs not receiving all that hype... it's better for them...

FMP=Filip must play

I think he might turn out into a decent player someday, nevermind his father... in Slovenia there were constant complaints about the Lorbek brothers being privileged as well...

FMP might not have fans and tradition, but people like to watch young home-made talents and if Čović would decide to make a step further (=keeping some of his players for at least a bit longer) the team would get some nice results and also more fans...

Comment

• Pekovic 33 points and 11 rebounds. This player is just amazing.

Originally posted by parso
                          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                          Originally posted by sseppel
                          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                            Pekovic 33 points and 11 rebounds. This player is just amazing.
                            Split has some solid talented big mans as Stipanović and Ivanov, but they're definately no match for Peković.

News of the round, Zadar has won vs. Crvena Zvezda in Pionir for the first time since 1976 !!! nevermind that in some seasons of the 80ies they were probably one of the best teams in europe.
                            After underperforming for the last 2-3 seasons in the league, they're no.2 s far. hopefully that'll last for ome time.

After the last round upset, slovenian teams lost all 3 games. Olimpija was too tired and too inacurate vs. Železnik that should be beaten easily on an average day. Yet Hukić missed all 11 attempts from 3pointer...
                            Helios was leading for most of the game vs. Cibona, got up to 15 points lead, but as usuall for this season, they managed to lose the game in the final minutes.

Široki had an ideal chance to get rid of the last place when hosting Zagreb, but as far as I've read they've shown the worst game in the season to 13th placed team back than... losing to Helios and Slovan in the next few rounds might as well mean they're gone from adriatic league for next season.

Comment

• Široki again lost in the last minutes. FMP looks less and less conviencing, nevermind their win in Ljubljana. Maybee that will give Čović a thought and he might consider keeping some of the players letting go just the most obvious ones as Erceg and Samardzinski (i'd love that kid in Olimpija btw. )

one more big away win for Zadar, this time vs. Cibona... needless to say I'd love to have Gečevski in Olimpija

Other results were more or less expected, Vojvodina held on their own vs. Partizan till the last minutes, Olimpija revenged to Slovan for their loss in 1st round, Hemofarm obviously keeps getting better and better and after starting with 1-3 score, they got 8-2 partial since... yet to see them in their new form, but seems like Marshall was a great adition to the team. Too bad Marjanović is injured, he is extraordinary useful for a man his height. They'll be the team defending honor of NLB league in Uleb Cup this season.

standings after 14th round:
                              1. Partizan 13 / 1
                              2. Zadar 11 / 3
                              3. Hemofarm 9 / 5
                              4. Crvena zvezda 9 / 5
                              5. Union Olimpija 8 / 6
                              6. Budućnost 8 / 6
                              7. Cibona 8 / 6
                              8. FMP 7 / 7
                              9. Vojvodina 6 / 8
                              10. Split 6 / 8
                              11. Zagreb 4 /10
                              12. Slovan 4 / 10
                              13. Helios 3 / 11
                              14. Široki 2 / 12

Comment

• What do you think about the Macvan sell? It's hard to understand FMP. They sell their top two prospects Macvan and Teodosic. Do you think Macvan will play much in Hemofarm?
                                Srbija - Quadruple Crown 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information