No announcement yet.

Adriatic league 2007/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We did it again. 6 win in the raw against Cibona and the 3rd in the raw in Zagreb.

And we are again under the best 4 teams. This is the 4th year we are playing NLB League and always we reached the finale so far and one time won the league.

Comment

• 1/4:

Partizan - Cibona 90:80
      Cibona - Partizan 93:100

Partizan goes with 2:0 to Final4.

Zadar - FMP ot 95:91
      FMP - Zadar ot 99:94
      Zadar - FMP 74:73

Zadar goes with 2:1 to Final4.

Hemofarm - Budućnost 87:71
      Budućnost - Hemofarm 64:55
      Hemofarm - Budućnost 75:69

Hemofarm goes with 2:1 to Final4.

Zvezda - Olimpija 93:87
      Olimpija - Zvezda 88:60
      Zvezda - Olimpija 74:97

Olimpija goes with 2:1 to Final4.

All teams with home advantage proceded to the Final4 (except for Olimpija) (still to be announced where it will be held, but most probably in Zadar). Zadar and FMP clearly both deserved to be there, just look at the results of the games...

Semi-finals:

Partizan - Olimpija
      Zadar - Hemofarm

Partizan is clear favourite in matchup against Olimpija, while Zadar is favourite against Hemofarm.
      Last edited by elaj; 03-31-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• I don't have anything to resent to Bečirović and still believe he is a great coach... but Džikić is slowely yet obviously surpassing him. In the last two games Taylor was playing just like in the begining of the season when he was on of the main reasons for those upsets. With a defense like that, such a limited offensive team as Olimpija plays much easier.
        He also made Begić contribute 11 points, 19 rebounds and 10 blocks in 57 minutes in the series vs. Zvezda.
        When mentioning Vujošević as Džikić's mentor, comparison with the way Dule knows how to make Vraneš usefull comes to my mind. In some systems they're both (Begić and Vranješ) just like a twig you put your laundry on to dry, while Vujošević and Džikić are taking the whole benefit from extreme height in basketball.

regarding the F4, wherever it'll be.
        Partizan is the favourite there, still Olimpija has a chance for an upset if they're able to repeat the same game from last two performances. While we all know they're also able to repeat the first game vs. Zvezda in no time, which wouldn't end that nice vs. Partizan either.

And for the second pair, unless those 7-8 players Zadar is rotating all the time gets some energy and physical rest, Hemofarm should walk over them, no matter how unconnviencing they looked vs. Bodućnost in some periods.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Ljubljana (Slovenia), Zadar (Croatia) and Belgrade/Vršac (Serbia) are candidats to host F4 (also Banja Luka (BiH) is rumoured). Mayor of Ljubljana said that they already have approval of Partizan management (and probably Hemofarm will agree) that they would rather like to play in Ljubljana than in Zadar if the pick will be among those two.

The final decision should be announced on thursday or friday.
          Last edited by elaj; 04-01-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Ljubljana and Zadar are main candidats for the Final4. According to some sources in Croatia the city of Ljubljana offered ten times more money for organization of the Final4 than Zadar. Also the fact that Partizan and probably Hemofarm would rather like to play in Ljubljana than in Zadar.

I believe Ljubljana will be the host.

Comment

• As It was expected, Ljubljana was chosen to host Final4. It will take part from Friday, 25.04.2008 - Sunday, 27.04.2008. Mayor of Ljubljana Zoran Jankovič (huge fan of Olimpija) was major factor that Ljubljana got the F4. As I heard he and sponsors offered ten times more money as any other city - Belgrade, Zadar or Vršac.

See you in Ljubljana.

Comment

• F4 will be played in Ljubljana for the 3rd time in 6 years.

For me that looks like a deal beteween the 3 "big" clubs Partizan, Olimpija and Cibona. I will also explain you way i think that.

First of all Partizan was against it to play in Zadar (Jazine), then Olimpija has a big chance now to get back on the scene after 2 very very bad years in NLB and slovenian championship. So Ljubljana offerd a lot of money (much more then Zadar) to get the F4. Does anybody think they did that only, because they would like to see Hemofarm, Zadar and Partizan play in Ljubljana? I think not. And now the perhaps most important point, who nobody has thought about or said about it so far. It is Cibona, Danko Radic and Josip Bilic. Cibona is fighiting with Zadar for the 3 year contract in EL from the season 2009/2010. Now Cibona has 22 and Zadar 16 points. But Zadar has a chance to get 5 more if they reach the Finale in NLB League and big 12 more if they win the NLB League this year. And then they won yesterday in Zagreb against Cibona and have very nices chances to be 1st after the regular season and so have homeadvantage in all playoff games. So Zadar can reach a maximum of 33 points at the end of this season and Cibona 27. So before the start of the next season Zadar could have 3 points more then Cibona. Only 3 because Cibona will for sure get 3 for playing in the EL. And with the F4 in Zadar, Zadar would have by far better chances to win the NLB and get theses important points for the EL contract. No way that Partizan (Vujosevic, Danilovic and Todorovic) are stronger then Lisac, Lorbek, Bilic and Radic who lead this league. But somobody must be there, because if not Bilic, Radic, Lobrek and Lisac could do what they want. And especially Radic is one who favours Cibona as i heard from many croatians who are not Cibona fans. Radic is also the president from HKS and this week the talented Toni Prostran from Zadar was suspended for 6 games in the croatian league, because Zadar didn´t let him go to play for the croatian U18 at the Albert Schweizer Tournament last week. Crazy decision in my opinion.

But i hope the league will learn from this mistakes. I am against this F4 modus in NLB League, because in my opinion it is not fair. The teams are playing the league for 6 month and then the winner should be decided in one game? Very stupid for me. The system from the last year was the best one. The teams could earn to many important points in this league for the EL contract, so for me something like a F4 or F8 is a very stupide move. But it is only one stupid move of 1000 from NLB directors. Now Partizan who had the best record this year and the best record ever in NLB League so far, is in a much difficulter position to win the title, then in best of 3 modus. After all that we have shown we deserv the title in NLB this year. But we have to take it as it is now. But the F4 of NLB League is not that important for us this year. The serbian championship is much more important.

So i hope we will see some changes in NLB League in the next year/s and no more F4 or F8. And if yes then they should announce the hosting team before the season as it does the whole world and not after all teams of the F4 are known. Then there would be less problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                  First of all Partizan was against it to play in Zadar (Jazine), then Olimpija has a big chance now to get back on the scene after 2 very very bad years in NLB and slovenian championship. So Ljubljana offerd a lot of money (much more then Zadar) to get the F4. Does anybody think they did that only, because they would like to see Hemofarm, Zadar and Partizan play in Ljubljana? I think not.
                  Ofcourse not. President of Olimpija already stated that they will go and try to win the F4. I think we have a realistical chance - with full support of the fans (tournament will be played in big Tivoli arena for 5500 people - EL style) I believe we will be equal with Partizan.

The league officials said they will give next F4 to Zadar when the new Zadar arena will be finished.

The funny thing on press conference was when some journalist asked mayor of Ljubljana why wouldn't they host F4 of Adriatic League rather in the year when new Ljubljana basketball arena for 12000 people will be finished... he told him back: "Nahh, in that year we will already host Euroleague F4." (he is known for his "unrealistical statements")

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                  No way that Partizan (Vujosevic, Danilovic and Todorovic) are stronger then Lisac, Lorbek, Bilic and Radic who lead this league. But somobody must be there, because if not Bilic, Radic, Lobrek and Lisac could do what they want.
                  Radovan Lorbek is one of the most influental people in European basketball. Many people don't know this, but he was one of the major factors that ULEB as organisation was established (Euroleague, ULEB Cup). He is also togather with Lisac one of the founders of Adriatic League. He has many connections all around Europe and is considered as I said very influental guy in European basketball.

Lorbek said mayor of Ljubljana and sponsors agreed to pay everything considering F4 so league would have no expenses - nobody offered that. Also the fact that Zadar's new arena wouldn't be finished on time for the F4 was one of the (major?) factors.
                  Last edited by elaj; 04-03-2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• haven't thought of it this way, Cibona wanting to hurt Zadar does make sense. Some games like this happened in the past history of this league, or even further during the ex-state so I guess nobody would be too surprised.

Reportedly Ljubljana getting the F4 was primarily Vilfan's idea, while he is in the management of Olimpija as well as a representative in the city council it came really fast to mayor Jankovič (serbian origin btw. if you didn't know ). And Jankovič eventhough a sports fan, still has to know how to put himself in the bright spot, gaining political points by it and he succeded once more by getting this tournament. As much as I won't denounce the Cibona/Olimpija/Partizan theory, having Zadar, Hemofar and Partizan playing in Ljubljana also had a lot to do with people wishing to see them and Jankovič turning it into one more "minor succes" in his political career, while with all those minor succes he'll later come out with an image of a mayor that makes thing happen. Just as an example of that after being asked why Ljubljana didn't wait with organisation of adriatic league F4 untill the 12.000 capacity arena would be completed, he answered: " we'll organise euroleague's F4 than".
                    Whatever happened between the AL clubs he bought few more political points. And as far as money is concerned, city of Ljubljana is reportedly only covering the whole organisation costs of the tournament, so I don't think those political points were that expensive for him either.

only thing I'd add to contract situation from 09/10 on is that Zadar sadly won't get a contract nevermind the results.
                    I am wondering for quite some time now, how on earth they were saying they're building 8000 capacity arena and they wouldn't have any troubles with playing euroleague, while at that time it was already declared Uleb will only gett satisfied with capacity around 10.000. This way euroleague is again loosing a potential great crowd and a historical team. And the way they're not fullfilling the planed euroleague requirements, they won't get the contract neither.
                    I don't know who exactly is pumping up dalmatians that they're fighting for the contract, but the truth is that this is just like with adriatic league getting that 4th spot: euroleague saying it is "a possibility that should be considered for the future" and all the local media pumping it up for the people to actually believe that 4th place will come just like that about any time now... while it is obvious it's not going to happen in the mid-term period.
                    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM.
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Radovan Lorbek is one of the most influental people in European basketball. Many people don't know this, but he was one of the major factors that ULEB as organisation was established (Euroleague, ULEB Cup). He is also togather with Lisac one of the founders of Adriatic League. He has many connections all around Europe and is considered as I said very influental guy in European basketball.

Lorbek said mayor of Ljubljana and sponsors agreed to pay everything considering F4 so league would have no expenses - nobody offered that. Also the fact that Zadar's new arena wouldn't be finished on time for the F4 was one of the (major?) factors.
                      When we speak about organisation then Ljubljana is for sure one of the best places. I am sure we will see a good F4. But it is not fair, because it is the 3rd in 6 years.

But i also think that because of Lorbek Partizan had nothing against the F4 in Ljubljana again. In the case of the EL contract for Serbia Lorbek could help a lot. So i think Partizan is in a much better relationship with the NLB directors then at the when they joined the NLB League. And for me as Partizanfan it is also nice to see, that Partizan is one of the clubs who has to say something in NLB. But we earned this by our own with our good games in 4 years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                        When we speak about organisation then Ljubljana is for sure one of the best places. I am sure we will see a good F4. But it is not fair, because it is the 3rd in 6 years.

But i also think that because of Lorbek Partizan had nothing against the F4 in Ljubljana again. In the case of the EL contract for Serbia Lorbek could help a lot. So i think Partizan is in a much better relationship with the NLB directors then at the when they joined the NLB League. And for me as Partizanfan it is also nice to see, that Partizan is one of the clubs who has to say something in NLB. But we earned this by our own with our good games in 4 years now.
                        I don't think it's fair Ljubljana got 3rd out of 6 possible F4's either, I'm against such ruling even if Ljubljana is the one here and eventhough the 2nd F4 should supposedly be Maccabi's and the 3rd we organised should've been Belgrades... and nevermind no host has ever won a F4 yet.
                        I hope towns like Zadar, Split, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Skopje, Belgrade, Banja Luka... would get their chance now and that decision on where would F4 occur would take place sooner and more transparent.

I also agree to some bosnian and serbian people that don't like the fact slovenians and croatians are as strong in adriatic league's management, but on the other hand all 6 nations deciding together practically means we wouldn't be able to agree on practically anything. yet, we still need different competition model, fairer voting distribution between the nation... league is far from perfect obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                          ... and nevermind no host has ever won a F4 yet.
                          I beg your pardon? Where was the first Adriatic league F4? And who won the title?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pija_Olimp
                            I beg your pardon? Where was the first Adriatic league F4? And who won the title?
                            yeah, yeah... Ljubljana hosted F4, Olimpija won it.... I was damn sure it was held in Zagreb, but now I remember Železnik won it in Zagreb vs. Zvezda and that's the only time they've hosted F4
                            I guess you got used to my "not checking it up" anyway by now

Comment

• The final4 starts today...

Comment

• Zadar - Hemofarm 72-81
                                completely deserved. Zadar kept on not caring on either Pavković or Mačvan on the long range and they revenged for that. I know Brewer played in some good clubs but what we've seen today was neither playmaking, defending or... anything while Petrović left him in the game nevermind the outcome on court. Expecting a win by relying on 3pointers as much as Zadar does when their inside-out doesn't fall in is shortly: overly optimistic thing for practicaly any team on a normal level of competition.
                                Great game from Pavković, best I've seen from him and exactly when it mattered. When you think of definition of playmaking that's exactly what he has done and Brewer didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information