No announcement yet.

Iran National Team 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In as I recall, Australia and NZ will meet in the semi-finals of FIBA Asia if both teams are unbeaten until that point. Both Oz and NZ extended squads have been released. Interestingly, the current Australian NBL All-Stars on tour in China will features I think seven players who are in the twenty player extended squad.

Comment

Samad Nikkhah-Bahrami finally had an interview about all recent events and criticized Dirk Bauermann heavily

here is a bit translation of his interview, only important parts

* The current team is prepared enough with a good preparation, I don't like some people saying that this team is young and it's ok for them to lose. They have to go to win the title, if not be the runner-up, when you set your goal for a top 4 finish, you won't even get close to that. I think most teams will go there with a lot of changes, like Iran we will be without 5 main players (he counts himself too) this is more like a "welcome tournament" for Australia and New Zealand.

* If we want to develop younger players we have to do that in other tournaments not with the main team for official tournaments. we should not ruin today's result in hope of getting better results 4 or 8 years later.

*Mr Hatami is the ccoach now, he has to take responsibility for the results. in current situation we never can hire a top class coach, Bauermann, Toroman and Becirovic they were all second or third tier coach. to me Becirovic was better than the rest.

* I love to play basketball, I still love to play, they said we didn't want to play for the NT but that's not true. the best 12 players should play for the NT no matter how old they are. we keep our best players at home to play with the younger players, that's stupid. if we lose here, nobody will remember we didn't send our best team.

* I thought Bauermann will be gone after 2-3 years but it didn't take more than few months, during the 2015 Asian Champs we had a meeting with Mashhoun and we told him about the issues, he told us to wait and keep the team together till we win the title and qualify for the Olympics and Bauermann wll never see Iran again. (meaning he will fire Bauermann at the end of the tourney) but he forgot his own words, someone like Bauermann only cares about money, he will go anywhere he gets better offer, no matter Pakistan or somewhere in Germany, I'm glad it didn't take long. when he left I was the happiest person in the world !

* In past 10 years I always spoke my mind, you can read my interviews, they always wanted to kick me out of the NT but they couldn't when I was 27-28 and at my prime days, I have no personal problem with Mr Mashhoun, he was always an important person in our basketball , if I say something about him and his plans that's because I want to help our basketball improves.

* I knew from the start that Bauermann is no good for our basketball, before the training he was talking almost an half for the team, talking about the basic things everybody knew. his training was too soft, I always stayed one more hour to train individually. and we had no tactical plan under him, just go and watch the Philippines game. they said I played bad but I think the whole team played bad in that game, and actually I was the only one playing better.

* After the Philippines game he gathered all the players and said let's watch the game again, then he showed a failed shot of mine and said "look we lost because of this bad shot of Samad ! and I'm sorry to play with him " he ruined me in front of other players, I was their captain, later he called me and told me to talk to the players, I said how I can do that when you already ruined me , if you think I was the reason we lost don't use me and let me go back to Iran, he said no don't get me wrong, I need you, I didn't talk about you but the whole team.
      for the next game I think I had no attempt, only pass and assist. he asked me why, I told him if You don't believe in me why you are stll using me. I'm playing for the NT for 14 years, all I want is helping to win, even if me sitting on bench helps then more than being in the court.

* We had the potential to beat China but only with a good preparation, with that team in that situation and those preparations, we had no chance to beat China, even if meet them in the final.

Comment

what about your final roster for FIBA Asia ? is Haddadi and Sahakian IN ?

Comment

Originally posted by OSHAFA View Post
          what about your final roster for FIBA Asia ? is Haddadi and Sahakian IN ?
          nobody knows, very unlikely for Sahakian, he wants to play but apparently they don't want him.

Comment

Irans main opponent is themselves imo..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

They haven't released Iran's official Lineup for FIBA Asia Cup, But based on news and recent tournament this is the Line up theyre working with

Arghavan 7'0
              Kazemi 6'8
              Niktash 6'8
              Yakchali 6'4
              Mashayekhi 5'11
              Hassanzadeh 6'8
              Sedighi 6'8
              Jamshidi 6'6
              Allahverdi 6'6
              Aslani 6'0
              Torabi 7'0
              Mirzaei 6'11
              Dalirzahan 6'6

THis is UNOfficial and right now there are 13 names and may have to cut one more for the finalized lineup.

20525799_10154633633045925_123803235815220277_n.jpg
              988c9931-c3a3-4294-afe7-09edf7e2825a.jpg
              Last edited by asapa11; 07-31-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Mashhoun's brother (who is NT team manager) expelled Hassanzadeh from the national team for disciplinary reasons ! even though when we heard the reason that was stupid and harsh decision !

without Hassanzadeh and Zangeneh (who is stll injured) Iran is short on PF's , based on some rumors here, Haddadi and Oshin will join them plus two players from the B / U23 team at the Jones Cup including Navid Rezaeifar.

Comment

Iran's possible final roster for the FIBA Asia Cup. not official yet but highly likely

PG: Sajjad Mashayekhi, Farid Aslani
                  SG: Behnam Yakhchali, Vahid Dalirzahan, Navid Rezaeifar
                  SF: Mohammad Jamshidi, Navid Niktash
                  PF: Oshin Sahakian, Arsalan Kazemi
                  C: Hamed Haddadi, Rouzbeh Arghavan, Keivan Riaei

----------------------------

despite that list being published in some websites, IRIBF invited 16 players to the final camp. those 12 players + Meisam Mirzaei, Mohammad Torabi, Amir Sedighi and Ali Allahverdi. I belive that list is final and these 4 extra players are invited to be ready in case of a late injury or something like that
                  Last edited by mohsena2631; 08-01-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                    Iran's possible final roster for the FIBA Asia Cup. not official yet but highly likely

PG: Sajjad Mashayekhi, Farid Aslani
                    SG: Behnam Yakhchali, Vahid Dalirzahan, Navid Rezaeifar
                    SF: Mohammad Jamshidi, Navid Niktash
                    PF: Oshin Sahakian, Arsalan Kazemi
                    C: Hamed Haddadi, Rouzbeh Arghavan, Keivan Riaei

----------------------------

despite that list being published in some websites, IRIBF invited 16 players to the final camp. those 12 players + Meisam Mirzaei, Mohammad Torabi, Amir Sedighi and Ali Allahverdi. I belive that list is final and these 4 extra players are invited to be ready in case of a late injury or something like that
                    the Rosters in the FIBA Asia Cup Website are already posted for each team's profile page and the Iran lineup is spot on.

Comment

IRIBF announced the final roster, almost the same as FIBA website with just one change, they replaced Riaei with Meisam Mirzaei

here is the final squad

PG: Mashayekhi, Aslani
                      SG: Yakhchali, Dalirzahan, Rezaeifar
                      SF: Jamshidi, Niktash
                      PF: Sahakian, Kazemi
                      C: Haddadi, Arghavan, Mirzaei

Comment

Congrats Irak and hard luck Iran !
                        But what a surprise !
                        It's a deserved win to be honest but why Haddadi wasn't playing ?

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information