Players to Watch at Asian Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players to Watch at Asian Championship

Arab players and East Asian players..who do you think are the players to watch out and look-out for individually among others?

Lebanon NT, Syria NT, Jordan NT, Qatar NT, Iran NT, Taiwan NT, Japan NT, China NT, Kazakhstan NT, Philippine NT and etc.

Kindly post your bets, whoever they are.. let us know..
    add some visuals too.. so we would know what they look like coz arab names as well as chinese/korean names are too similiar with each other, it's always confusing.
    Last edited by sinobball; 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM.
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

As jordanian i think Rashiem wright and Sam daghlas
    Rashiem is a combo Guard and a super scorer
    Sam is a fantastic PG...those will be the main force for the jordanian squad.

Comment

Originally posted by WIZARD
      As jordanian i think Rashiem wright and Sam daghlas
      Rashiem is a combo Guard and a super scorer
      Sam is a fantastic PG...those will be the main force for the jordanian squad.
      the Jordan NT relies on its backcourt? how about the big men?
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

anybody can add to what Wizard have posted? we can enjoy the games in Japan if we know who are those players that we should watch...
        Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

ryota sakurai and igarashi can be the key for japan
          theres no bang sung yoon on korea so i didnt know whos korean player to watch out for and for the philippines secret
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

for jordan i believe there is also 6'9" Ayman dies#15 and 7 foot dashmal maitah shoetz.. also 6'3" enver soobzokov #9 who i believe is a shooter.

for korea, theres the kims...kim min soo who is 6'7" and is half korean half something else. he is very athletic. also there is 6'9 Kim joo sung, who is a National team veteran for korea. and theres Kim seung hyun, their star PG i think he is 5'9" it would be nice to see him go up against alapag.

for lebanon of course aside from veterans vogel and fadi, there is the young Mazen Menmineh who is a 6'4" sg/sf. also main pg fahed, 6'9" brian beshara who could play the sf position.

for syria i believe its only 6'2" Maadanli who we should watch out. he averaged 34ppg for syria during the asian games.

for Iran theres 6'6" Samad Nikkkah and 6'7" aidin Nekah. also theres is 7'1" Hamed Hadadi who is a good defender and could score. also 6'7" pooya tadjik who used to lead the Iranian NT.

for qatar, as far as i know there is veteran 6'8" yaseen Ismail (he looks more like 6'7) who is very athletic. also there is 6'2"doud mousa doud who is their PG and 6'2" saad Abdulraman ali who is their top scorer.

for taiwan i believe there is 6'7/6'8 Tien Lei who is their mvp last year, high flying 6'5" chen hsin an, athletic center 6'8" tsun wen din (looks more like 6'9-6'10), shooter and current mvp 6'4" Lin chijay, 6'9 Wu dai hao who played college in BYU.

for japan, aside from 6'4" ryota and 5'11 irigashi there is also veteran 6'3" takehiko orimo who is a very good shooter. 6'4" tomoo amino who is also a good shooter. and also the 6'9" takeuchi twins.

as far as kazakhastan is concerned i only know 6'10 anton ponomorev.

for the Philippine team... no comment.. hehe

in my opinion, korea and japan is packed with shooters so we should watch out for them too.

arab teams on the otherhand appears to have more muscle inside and will play really physical.

Comment

Danny Seigle (if he recover from his injury) and Mark Caguioa of the Philippines...

Of course, Yao Ming of China...

The South Korean shooters!... if they're still there!

and Lebanon!

sigpic

Comment

"as far as kazakhastan is concerned i only know 6'10 anton ponomorev."

this guy has torched a lot of the opposing teams, did he ever play in Europe or somewhere else?

plays the PF/C position but really skinny to bang inside, he is more of an oversized sf because he is too fast and agile; not really a type of person who oves bodies inside. unconventional PF, doesn't like to post but faces the basket instead fro the shots or driving the lanes.

This is what NBADRAFTNET had to say about the guy, which i just re-worded above.

"#71 Anton Ponomarev, Kazakhstan, SF/PF, 6'10''
                Handles the ball really well for his height, and can also shoot the 3's. Shoots well at close range too. However is a little too skinny. Very fast, plays like a SF. He doesn't post up but likes to face the basket, which can be dangerous, at; take the jumper or drive in and make the lumbering bigs foul him, pick your poison. He handles the ball as well as any guard, and has good instincts. Helps the weak side on defense and does it very well. Very athletic and agile, it would be good to model his game after Antwan Jamison. If he plays many minutes he will definitely become a very good tall SF."
                "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
                  Danny Seigle (if he recover from his injury) and Mark Caguioa of the Philippines...

Of course, Yao Ming of China...

The South Korean shooters!... if they're still there!

and Lebanon!
                  ei dude,kindly correct me if I'm wrong..i think Yao Ming is not included in the China Team this coming 24th Fiba Asian Championship.. how I wish Yi JianLian was there too.. I wanna see them play against RP NT

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                    ei dude,kindly correct me if I'm wrong..i think Yao Ming is not included in the China Team this coming 24th Fiba Asian Championship.. how I wish Yi JianLian was there too.. I wanna see them play against RP NT
                    Oh yeah!... I forgot about that!... my bad!

sigpic

Comment

i'd like to see it too, but i dont want to see a thrashing also. internationally yao cant be stopped. he is the premier center in intl competition. his stats at least suggest it
                      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Mark Caguioa :d
                        NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                          i'd like to see it too, but i dont want to see a thrashing also. internationally yao cant be stopped. he is the premier center in intl competition. his stats at least suggest it
                          whether its trashing or not, it would still be an interesting game for me, and it will be an eye-opener for those who think that RP NT is still an Asian Basketball Powerhouse. After seeing a lopsided game in favor of China NT, I think those bragsters will think again and weigh their options.

anyway, the good thing is, yao ming, yi jian lian and wang zhi zhi will not be present in the Tokushima joust, a bonus for every team in the bracket A who's expecting for an early collision course with the Chinese.

Comment

well of the 3 pictures above khatib and rasheem will be 2 of the best this championship but whos the east asian guy wearing number 13 ?

Comment

Originally posted by karim
                              well of the 3 pictures above khatib and rasheem will be 2 of the best this championship but whos the east asian guy wearing number 13 ?
                              is it JJ Helterbrand? just kidding..

#13 from what country? Taiwan? Japan? China? South Korea? or somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information