X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nene returns to the Brazilian National Team

Nene's back! (link)

Nuggets forward Nene returns to Brazil's national team
    SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Denver Nuggets forward Nene said Tuesday he will end a four-year absence and rejoin Brazil's national team for this summer's Olympic qualifier.

"I talked a lot with my family and my team, and I realized that it was time to come back," Nene said in a statement distributed by his public relations manager, Samy Vaisman. "I want to be happy with the national team and want to help Brazil secure a spot in the Olympics."

The top two finishers in the FIBA Americas tournament from Aug. 22-Sept. 2 in Las Vegas will clinch a spot in Beijing in 2008. The Brazilians, who nearly beat the United States in an exhibition game last summer, should have one of the strongest teams.

Nene, who will not play in next month's Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, has been at odds with the Brazilian Basketball Confederation, saying it owes him money. The forward skipped the 2006 world championships, reportedly for the same reason.

"Whatever happened before is in the past and my focus now is to help and defend my country," he added. "Brazilian basketball needs help, and this is the right time to try to save it."

Brazil finished 17th in the worlds and did not qualify for the last two Olympics. The country has won seven gold medals at the Pan American Games.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

OMG!! ,bahh
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

And now Brazil becomes the most likely finalist. But they shouldn't get too confident either, Puerto Rico and Argentina can still beat them and it wouldn't be too shocking.

Comment

Good for Brazil and Nene, I'm glad to see him their.

Bad for Puerto Rico though...

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13
          Good for Brazil and Nene, I'm glad to see him their.

Bad for Puerto Rico though...
          Are you serious? haha , I think is bad for USA, you know why?, because USA is the team to beat
          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
            Are you serious? haha , I think is bad for USA, you know why?, because USA is the team to beat
            bad for every team not named Brazil
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
              LOL. With Argentina and Brazil missing players and Puerto Rico having a strong team, it was looking good. But Brazil is coming back strong.

U.S. is in!

Besides who else with the world root against?

Comment

Nenê finally took the right attitude. Not playing for the NT wouldn't solve anything, he was just part of the problem or even worse he acted passively.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information