No announcement yet.

Lebanon National Team - 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butautas said it was his decision and only his decision but i don't believe him. Lebanon is a crazy country, everybody wanna talks about everything and everyone thinks he's a coach !
    I never was a fan of Ahmad Ibrahim because he's a selfish player and he acts like he's already a legend so basically the person is not my cup of tea but he's surely without a doubt our best back up and talented player since Fadi so it's a loss but it's still ok for me.
    We have to stay behind our coach and behind our NT.
    But it's hard to believe it's always the same problem when it comes to the NT. We never had the chance to be all united behind our NT. There is always people inside Lebanon who don't care about the NT.
    By the way players and staff were impress by Batautas because he knews everything about every Lebanese players.
    He watched games from the Lebanese league and games from the NT.
    Last edited by Lebasketball; 07-02-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Some updates :
      -The Lebanese NT is in camp in Beirut.
      -Two training sessions per day.
      -Still a lot of injuries but Fadi Wael and Elie Estephan will be back this week.
      -As for the naturalized player, still no names but they will pick two players and they will chose the right one (not a bad idea).
      -The federation had a list of some players who might be naturalized but the coach didn't want none of them so the coach gives some name to the federation. They are still working on it.
      - A training camp to Serbia (from 9th of july till 22)
      - Mini tournament in Lebanon (4 teams : most probably Australia, Qatar and maybe Jordan or Iraq or Syria)

Comment

Are Khazzouh, Elijah Obade and Charles Tabet in camp?

Comment

Khazzouh will not play with us because of his injury.
          Obade will not play this summer too because of his paper.
          Tabet is still injured.
          As you can see it we are in trouble at the moment in the position 5.

Comment

Yesterday Lebanon won against Syria 78-57 (no tv coverage, still no stats).

Comment

Norvel Pelle is officially our naturalized player. He will join the NT in Serbia.
              Pelle played this season with Varese in the Serie A and last year he was playing with Homenetmen club (Lebanese club).

Comment

Its a very bad choice, We seen him in lebanese league.Pelle does nothing but block shots, rebound and fly.Thats about it.Guy got no technique, shooting and its like playing 4 vs 5 in offence with him on court.

This modern era its all about spacing and PELLE doesnt fit modern basketball

Comment

I would not say it's a very bad choice because he's a pure center, good in the defense and very quick. Ok he's not a scorer but a guy like him will give headache to every player who want to penetrate under the basket. Plus he's 23 years old and can improve and he has played this season in the Serie A and in the champions league. It's still a better competition than our league and Asian league.
                  On the technical side, I heard that Batautas wants to play uptempo, fastbreak, etc so for this role he's our best choice.
                  After all, we don't need a scorer. We have fadi wael haidar so if he can make 15ppg i think it will be ok.
                  Be positive.
                  Btw which players did you want instead of him ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
                    Yesterday Lebanon won against Syria 78-57 (no tv coverage, still no stats).
                    Is Michelle Madanly still a member of their national team?
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      Is Michelle Madanly still a member of their national team?
                      Yes Micho is still a member of their NT and the syrian federation naturalized a center (if im not mistaken, it's the first time that Syria naturalized a player).

Comment

Yes Micho is still a member of their NT and the syrian federation naturalized a center (if im not mistaken, it's the first time that Syria naturalized a player).
                        so syrian has naturalized an american? (Yup suck that Fiba rule as araujo was tagged as naturalized)And where are their training now?
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I would not say it's a very bad choice because he's a pure center, good in the defense and very quick. Ok he's not a scorer but a guy like him will give headache to every player who want to penetrate under the basket. Plus he's 23 years old and can improve and he has played this season in the Serie A and in the champions league. It's still a better competition than our league and Asian league.
                          On the technical side, I heard that Batautas wants to play uptempo, fastbreak, etc so for this role he's our best choice.
                          After all, we don't need a scorer. We have fadi wael haidar so if he can make 15ppg i think it will be ok.
                          Be positive.
                          Btw which players did you want instead of him ?
                          Somebody like Blatche. Pelle average 5 ppg in Italian league, its ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                            so syrian has naturalized an american? (Yup suck that Fiba rule as araujo was tagged as naturalized)And where are their training now?
                            Not an American but an eastern european.
                            I have no idea. They played against Lebanon twice so maybe they are in Lebanon.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                              Somebody like Blatche. Pelle average 5 ppg in Italian league, its ridiculous.
                              Someone like Blatche needs 1 000 000 $ so it's impossible for us.
                              He averaged 7.8 ppg but in 17 minutes i think so it's not that bad. Plus his pourcentage are impressive so I think he's ok. It's our best choice since vroman.

Comment

Not an American but an eastern european.
                                I have no idea. They played against Lebanon twice so maybe they are in Lebanon.
                                So the naturalized player of Syria & Madanly played vs. Lebanon in a tune up game?
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information