Lebanon National Team - 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon National Team - 2017

Fadi El Khatibi announces his return to Lebanon national team http://www.fiba.com/news/fadi-el-kha...-national-team

Concerning the new coach? Nothing is yet official, but Joe Moujaes will be most likely the next coach

Actually he is not Fadi El Khatibi. He is Fadi Khatibian. He plays for Homenetmen. LOL

Comment

Joe Moujaes has been elevated from U18 coach to NT coach.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Joe Moujaes named the 12 players who will represent Lebanon in WABA (29 January-2 February in Amman, Jordan): Fadi Khatib, Elie Rostom, Wael Arakji (22y), Rodrigue Akl, Nadim Souaid, Ali Kanaan, Ali Haidar Charles Tabet, Jad Khalil (20y), Elie Stephan, Amir Saoud, Ator Majok (naturalized player)

Comment

Lebanon will be hosting the asian cup for the 1st time ever with the addition of australia and new zealand

Comment

My best roster starting is:

1-Ali Mahmoud
            2-Branco(NP)
            3-Fadi El Khatib
            4-Ali Haidar
            5-Julian Khazzouh

Comment

Originally posted by heart21 View Post
              My best roster starting is:

1-Ali Mahmoud
              2-Branco(NP)
              3-Fadi El Khatib
              4-Ali Haidar
              5-Julian Khazzouh

terrible roster, when you still rely on ali mahmoud and fadi el khatib at their ages. We need to remove the 3 import rule as soon as possible, because there is no talent coming out apart from Wael Arakji , whose the best upcoming lebanese player but vastly overrated.

Comment

My team for Fiba Asia 2017 :

starting 5 :

Arakji (if he's able to be here) / Mezher
                Jean Abdelnour or Ahmad Ibrahim
                El Khatib
                Naturalized player (someone like Vroman who can play the position 4 and 5)
                Khazzouh

Coach : Abbaz/Vucinic/Zouros/
                Or bring back Baldwin

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
                  My team for Fiba Asia 2017 :

starting 5 :

Arakji (if he's able to be here) / Mezher
                  Jean Abdelnour or Ahmad Ibrahim
                  El Khatib
                  Naturalized player (someone like Vroman who can play the position 4 and 5)
                  Khazzouh

Coach : Abbaz/Vucinic/Zouros/
                  Or bring back Baldwin
                  are the lebanese dont feel their players being "held" back by Baldwin style, he handled a team whose talent can beat nz and australia (seriously), and he do have a powerful sagesse lineup in flb
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I really do think also that we can match up with every NT in Asia but we have to do things right !

In my opinion what I'm feeling is that we f*cked up by letting Baldwin go ! He's the best NT coach we ever had !

I respect the Lebanese coaches but we can't pick one of them. I prefer pick a foreign coach without El Khatib in the line-up instead of having a Lebanese coach with El Khatib.
                    Basketball is a team sport ! You can't rely on 1 player and that's the main problem of our lebanese coaches ! Their strategy is "give the ball to El Khatib and give him space".

So to become Asia's Best : 1) have a foreign coach who knows our league that's why I named Vucinic (plus he knows the international level, he was NZ coach)
                    2) Naturalized a 4/5 position not a 2 like the last fiba asia edition ! We have a lot of 2/3 position players
                    3) Play friendly games against European teams --> Training camp
                    4) Participate in Jones cup is a MUST --> the only time we can play against East Asian teams
                    5) For God sake call Khazzouh
                    6) Arakji must be fit or we'll have a problem on the position 1
                    Last edited by Lebasketball; 05-26-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Seriously we have to stop the 3 foreigners in our league ! We deserve better than this rule for God sake !
                      The Lebanese are not taking chance because of this stupid rule !
                      Instead of complaining about Ismail Ahmad if he has the right to play as a Lebanese or not ! The clubs have to act like professional and be professional ! Im a sagesse fan but respect to Riyadi management. They play as a team and don't rely on one player !
                      Coach Joe is weak !!! No system...the only system he knows is "1on1" "basketball streat" or "give the ball to DJ" and take the shot !

So it's a good step from the federation to take a foreign coach. They talks with a Greek one and a Lithuanian (still no name but the greek one coached the Greek NT before)...I think it's a good idea to take one from Europe (Greece or Lithuania). They will bring some defense.
                      Good news : Arakji is back so he will be ready to play with the NT

Comment

Congrats to Riyadi ! They deservee to win the championship !
                        Now it's time for the NT ! We have to work right now, appoint a new coach and begin to answer this question "what we have to do to win the Asian title ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
                          So it's a good step from the federation to take a foreign coach. They talks with a Greek one and a Lithuanian (still no name but the greek one coached the Greek NT before)...I think it's a good idea to take one from Europe (Greece or Lithuania). They will bring some defense.
                          Good news : Arakji is back so he will be ready to play with the NT
                          Our media claims that it's Ramunas Butautas, our former NT coach. He had success with our youth NT, won world champ in 2005, but was really bad at coaching our main NT, even tho with him we won bronze in 2007 Eurobasket, were 4th in Beijing Olympics, but it was mostly thnx to players, then our main guys left, in 2009 Eurobasket he failed big time, both in selection of players, in tactics, in everything

Comment

Thank you sir for the info !

Comment

It's official now, Ramūnas Butautas is our new head coach !
                              I wish him good luck ! He can make history if we win the Asian cup at home so come on Butautas, it's your time now to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information