No announcement yet.

Lebanon National Team - 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, iza ma rbhna el boutoule Walid Nassar lezim yikun aktar wahad mnlem. Aktar min Pierre Kakhia bkteer.

Comment

I don't understand this coach !
      He don't even pick Elie Rustom, Elie Chamoun and Hayk in the list of 19 !
      In the Fiba Asia he picked Rustom while he was shit and now he's one of the best since the beggining of the season and he didnt pick him.
      As for Ahmad Ibrahim is the same.
      No comment about Chamoun and Hayk (maybe hayk is for paper reason) but come on Chamoun deserve at least to be in the 15 !
      Naturalized player is Majok or Pelle so we're going to be in trouble !
      Can't understand all these choices.
      Seems that we didn't learn anything.
      Last edited by Lebasketball; 02-16-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Do you have a link to the list?

Any sign of Khazzouh?

Comment

Khazzouh will never play again basketball because of his injury.
          Here's the link

So in this list i will pick

1 : Arakji, Chartouny, Jad Khalil
          2 : Ahmad Ibrahim, Amir Saoud, Nadim Souaid
          3 : Jean Abdelnour, Elie Estephan
          4 : Ali Haidar, Bawji
          5 : Majok, Tabet

If I was the coach, i will put Rustom instead of EStephan, Chamoun instead of Souaid for sure !

Comment

Game day against India.

No preparation just a few trainings session. It can pass against India but maybe not against a solid Jordanian NT with Tucker and Abbas.

We'll wait and see.

My starting 5 :

Arakji
            Ahmad Ibrahim
            Jean Abdelnour
            Haidar
            Majok

GO CEDARS

Comment

Jordan is a very different team with Tucker. Without Tucker, the Jordanians seem an average team. With Tucker in tow, Jordan is a much stronger team. I think its a 50-50 ballgame between Lebanon & Jordan. But I like Lebanon to win.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I think it will be a great game for many reasons :
                1) most probably a full house
                2) unpredictable
                3) a lot of match-up : Haidar vs Abbas, Arakji vs Abdeen, Ibrahim vs Tucker, Abdelnour vs Hamarsheh
                4) I miss the old days were Jordan, Lebanon and Syria was on top + the great rivalry between them.

i hope we'll see a great game.
                Good luck Cedars and Al-Nashama.

Comment

Congrats to Jordan. They were better than us and they deserve the win.
                  I think we have to change the coach and the naturalized player !
                  I don't know why he picked Pelle and Majok if first they don't have the level that we need and secondly he didn't put them more than 20 min in the game. Instead of this pick a SG who will help us to score especially against the teams in our group. We don't really need a center against Jordan. Haidar and Bawji can be ok especially without Doueiri.
                  Federation must do something and take responsability right now.

Comment

For this second window, Lebanon has a new coach "Patrick Saba".

Players not called due to injury in this second window :
                    - Ali Mezher is out for at least 6 months
                    - Ali Haidar for 1 month
                    - Bassel Bawji can probably also miss this window

Player not called due to personnal reason :
                    - Ahmad Ibrahim

Player not called due to paper problem :
                    - Hayk Gyokchyan

So Majok will continue to be our naturalized player. Saba wanted Sam Young or Jay Youngblood but it was before all this injuries in the position 4/5.

Right now the NT is in Qatar, they will play two friendly games against Qatar.

The Lebanese players who were called :

Wael Arakji
                    Jad Khalil
                    Hassan Dandache
                    Miguel Martinez
                    Ghassan Nehme

Amir Saoud
                    Elie Chamoun
                    Elie Estephan

Elie Rustom
                    Jean Abdelnour

Gerard Hadidian
                    Ali Kanaan
                    Charles Tabet
                    Ater Majok

My starting 5 :

Arakji
                    Amir Saoud
                    Jean Abdelnour
                    Bawji if he's ok or i will test Hadidian
                    Majok

My predicions :

Though game against Syria. Syria is preparing good for this game, they have a good naturalized player this time and their coach is Matic so he knows us very well.

Against India, I think it will be an easy game.

We must win the two games to keep our chance alive.

Comment

@Lebasketball

What's with Ahmad Ibrahim? He has posted not so impressive stats with Champville so far this season, though I understand he is playing behind the shadows of Lebanese cage legend Fadi El Khatib & there's just too many imports in every team in the Lebanese league. Still, his stats are from from being impressive. This to think that he looked very promising a young player a few years back, some even regarded him as Fadi El Khatib's heir apparent.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Hadidian is fiba eligible? I think the per 36 min of Ibrahim is fine but the three pint shooting can be improved..
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

The problem with Ahmad Ibrahim is his behavior in the court. He has a very low basketball IQ. He takes bad decisions in offense but for sure he's a talented player. IMO i would pick him no matter what.

Hadidian already played with the U18 so he's eligible. Unfortunately it's Hayk (one of the very best Lebanese in the league. Btw he was named best arab player in the last arab championship) who cannot play.

Yesterday Lebanon won against Qatar 87 -59 without Arakji. Not bad for a first game even if it's only a friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
                            The problem with Ahmad Ibrahim is his behavior in the court. He has a very low basketball IQ. He takes bad decisions in offense but for sure he's a talented player. IMO i would pick him no matter what.

Hadidian already played with the U18 so he's eligible. Unfortunately it's Hayk (one of the very best Lebanese in the league. Btw he was named best arab player in the last arab championship) who cannot play.

Yesterday Lebanon won against Qatar 87 -59 without Arakji. Not bad for a first game even if it's only a friendly.
                            Did Qatar play with naturalized player Trey Johnson?

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information