Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which IBN users have actually met in real life?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I heard that IBN's artist qiandade was in Athens I just had to see this smart ass guy. So a meeting was arranged at OAKA to combine business and pleasure. Of course I never met him there because of some 'force majeure', or at least that was his (lame) excuse anyway...

After some seriously laborious negotiating and personal information gathering (by some other IBN members) and numerous harassments over the phone he finally agreed to meet yours truthfully for some drinks in probably the dirtiest area of Athens.

Of course as a typical rude German he was pretty late, so I started drinking some low quality, mixed with water lame Greek barrel wine without waiting for him. But it didn't all come easy, because apparently qiangdade is playing in a league of his own and he is usually drunk 20 hours a day, so as you can imagine it was not easy to spot each other in the crowded square, but I think that the fact which gave him away was the fact that he was the only one consuming alcohol on his own...

So we headed back to the place we were supposed to have drinks, of course since the moment we sat down I don't remember much, just ordering some more wine for me while none of the waitresses even bothered to ask qiangdade to order as he was apparently too ugly to even speak to.

Come to think of it, I remember him asking me about 50 times where had I learned to speak Lithuanian... this of course
    was just beyond me, as I don't know a single Lithuanian word, so you can imagine the levels of his drunkenness.

Things started becoming surreal after some more alcohol as upon returning from the restroom I found him sitting at a different table and when I asked why he moved, he said he didn't... apparently he was so wasted that he didn't notice that someone had moved him... some witnesses even claim that we were so drunk that we started hugging (what the fuck?!?!) and taking some ridiculously absurd pictures together. What can I say?

I'm not saying that it wasn't all fun and good but the guy somewhat ruined my plans, because when you want to flirt with some red haired and blond Greek chicks, your (already slim) chances of actually getting lucky automatically drop to below zero when you have a drunk guy looking like Georgi Muresan sitting next to you...

Well the last thing I remember is that he had to go because he was wanted at home (no wonder he was on his phone all the time) and me dropping him at a taxi piazza.

P.S. Dude who paid for our drinks? Can't remember paying...

Originally posted by mvblair
    Now, what about the pictures? Do we have any incriminating pictures?
    There are some, but I don't know if qiangdade would be OK with posting them here, if you know what I mean...

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
      ...he finally agreed to meet yours truthfully for some drinks in probably the dirtiest area of Athens.
      Do you have a liquor license for your house?
      ... some witnesses even claim that we were so drunk that we started hugging (what the fuck?!?!) and taking some ridiculously absurd pictures together. What can I say?
      That was me when I was 12-years-old. Minus the alcohol.
      because when you want to flirt with some red haired and blond Greek chicks, your (already slim) chances of actually getting lucky automatically drop to below zero when you have a drunk guy looking like Georgi Muresan sitting next to you...
      HAh, hah, hah!!
      There are some, but I don't know if qiangdade would be OK with posting them here, if you know what I mean...
      Qiangdade, come on, man. We want to see the evidence!!
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

When I heard that IBN's artist qiandade was in Athens I just had to see this smart ass guy. So a meeting was arranged at OAKA to combine business and pleasure. Of course I never met him there because of some 'force majeure', or at least that was his (lame) excuse anyway...

After some seriously laborious negotiating and personal information gathering (by some other IBN members) and numerous harassments over the phone he finally agreed to meet yours truthfully for some drinks in probably the dirtiest area of Athens.

Of course as a typical rude German he was pretty late, so I started drinking some low quality, mixed with water lame Greek barrel wine without waiting for him. But it didn't all come easy, because apparently qiangdade is playing in a league of his own and he is usually drunk 20 hours a day, so as you can imagine it was not easy to spot each other in the crowded square, but I think that the fact which gave him away was the fact that he was the only one consuming alcohol on his own...
        1.Yeah!
        2. Was i? can't remember

So we headed back to the place we were supposed to have drinks, of course since the moment we sat down I don't remember much, just ordering some more wine for me while none of the waitresses even bothered to ask qiangdade to order as he was apparently too ugly to even speak to.
        HAHA!
        Too bad i can't remember

Come to think of it, I remember him asking me about 50 times where had I learned to speak Lithuanian... this of course
        was just beyond me, as I don't know a single Lithuanian word, so you can imagine the levels of his drunkenness.
        I know a couple: Lietuvos Rytas, Zalgiris, krepsinis...I can teach you if you want
        Can't remember asking though

Things started becoming surreal after some more alcohol as upon returning from the restroom I found him sitting at a different table and when I asked why he moved, he said he didn't... apparently he was so wasted that he didn't notice that someone had moved him... some witnesses even claim that we were so drunk that we started hugging (what the fuck?!?!) and taking some ridiculously absurd pictures together. What can I say?
        Or you just were too drunk to remember where you were sitting...
        Pictures?? No that has to be a lie!!

I'm not saying that it wasn't all fun and good but the guy somewhat ruined my plans, because when you want to flirt with some red haired and blond Greek chicks, your (already slim) chances of actually getting lucky automatically drop to below zero when you have a drunk guy looking like Georgi Muresan sitting next to you...
        Looking like Duenas yourself doesn't help either. Screw the chicks, you can always settle with a goat, which in your case is more apropriate

Well the last thing I remember is that he had to go because he was wanted at home (no wonder he was on his phone all the time) and me dropping him at a taxi piazza.

P.S. Dude who paid for our drinks? Can't remember paying...

I had less money the next morning so i must have paid at least my part, but i can't remember paying either. In fact i don't remember anything...Who the f*** are you man??
        sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

i.have.a.discreet.question....is.it.true.that.qian gdade.has.tattoo.on.his.left.shoulder??? or.maybe.you.both.didnt.go.that.far.it.seems.you.had.a.really.good.time.....

Comment

A wise acquaintance of mine once told me 'Friends do not give you a choice, that is why they are called friends'. Who cares you would ask me. Well, that was pretty much the feeling when Jan Van Grabski notified me of her plans to visit Athens.

Whether it was to watch Euroleague giant Panathinaikos beat their arch rivals and domestic midgets Olympiakos, once more, or to get the feeling of being in the cradle of the Western Civilization or just to annoy me is still a mystery.

Anyway, my first reactions upon receiving the news of her arrival were:

1. Shit, I gotta clean up
            2. Shit, I gotta endure a Lietuvos Rytas fan for the whole weekend
            3. Shit, I gotta clean up

While on my way to the airport I was pretty sure that things would take a bad turn. And indeed that is what happened as upon arriving and after meeting me for the first time in her life she said that I looked like a Chechen. I mean that is not a very nice thing to say to a famous Putin fan right?

So, on the way back to home she started making these annoying silly questions such as... there are actually palms in Greece? Why is Greek plantation so dry? All that while whining about the hot weather... what did you think lady, that you were going to Siberia?!?!

Oh well... we finally made it home and of course first thing first, she was introduced to the fine refreshment of frappe on the balcony under the sounds of gypsies selling flowers and soil off their Datsun pickup, I mean it was the perfect combination possible and I'm puzzled why she thought it was something strange.

After ignoring my guest for a couple of hours because of the Greek
            siesta we set off to a luxurious crowded restaurant. With full stomaches, as any Greek who respects himself, the Odyssey to OAKA started riding probably the most modern train there is in Europe.

Once in the arena I witnessed some of the most surreal images of my life, one of the most famous PAO haters of IBN, Jan Van Grabski was sitting there proudly wearing a PAO triple crown t-shirt (And please do not even dare denying this as there is plenty of evidence) and, believe it or not, cheering for PAO. After miraculously running into EverGreen in the arena and taking a dozen pictures of Saras and Spanoulis the game was finished before we even knew it, and guess how, by PAO winning.

So in order to celebrate this famous win some alcohol consumption was a must, but unfortunately and despite the desperate efforts by me and qiangdade we couldn't get her drunk... finally and just before collapsing we found our way back home, of course it was thanks to Jan Van Grabski's alertness that I'm still posting in this forum as I fell asleep in the bus with destination to Piraeus wearing a PAO t-shirt ... anyway the last thing I remember from that night was watching probably one of the worst scatophagic films of all times and my eyes closing...

Next day was dedicated to ancient Greek culture, climbing, whining about the heat and magnet hunting. And of course coffee, the Greek way with EverGreen. The evening was pathetic as I got humiliated by Jan Van Grabski by losing a durak game with hands down. And as that wasn't bad enough, she declined playing the games that I have mastered and would have kicked her ass, chess and NBA 2K8. The entertainment was lame as well as the films I rented were so crappy we couldn't even watch em anyway.

Monday was the day when Jan Van Grabski witnessed the famous Greek service... After ordering our dishes in some seaside restaurant she had to wait for about an hour for her dish to arrive while watching me eating and before you say I am a sad rude bastard, you should know that my dish was getting cold The dish finally arrived just about when we were getting ready to leave to the airport, so not much of eating for Jan Van Grabski

Comment

I love your stories uncle Arkadios...
              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo
                I love your stories uncle Arkadios...
                Your probably the only one dude...

Uncle? I'm not that old... well... maybe mentally as some people here will try to convince you, but don't believe them...

The stories could be a lot better but I guess I had a bad luck meeting the most boring people of IBN...

Comment

HAHA! This has been a cool trilogy Arkadios, though everything was described pretty much your way. I'll have to comment on some things later..

PS. LOOOOSEEEER (durak).. La-hoo-se-heeer
                  PS2. you call us boring while claiming you have mastered chess and nba 2k8?? That contradicts its self man
                  sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

I would like to write several remarks. I am not able to give full account, as I am still recovering from exposé to extreme heat…..

A wise acquaintance of mine once told me 'Friends do not give you a choice, that is why they are called friends'. Who cares you would ask me. Well, that was pretty much the feeling when Jan Van Grabski notified me of her plans to visit Athens.
                    Oh common, no choice ? it wasn’t like that at all…..I actually several times, repeatedly asked you whether it would be better for you if I arrive in the morning or in the evening. if you ask me , that's a pretty damn good choice I was giving to you…..

Whether it was to watch Euroleague giant Panathinaikos beat their arch rivals and domestic midgets Olympiakos, once more, or to get the feeling of being in the cradle of the Western Civilization or just to annoy me is still a mystery.
                    Isn't that obvious ? I was hoping for a double pleasure. First of all, witnessing the green whiners having their ass kicked in their own arena, which actually didn't happened only because of Saras Secondly, annoying to death a person who posses features which I despise the most : PAO fan, Putin lover and smart ass wannabee.

1. Shit, I gotta clean up
                    2. Shit, I gotta endure a Lietuvos Rytas fan for the whole weekend
                    3. Shit, I gotta clean up
                    I am puzzled, so did you do any cleaning at the end…….because it didn’t look like you did when I arrived, your cloth on the floor, empty bottles of wine everywhere, and you forgot to hide some Olympiakos attributes (what the hell they are doing in your apartment anyways ?)

While in Greece, I enjoyed one thing …… and that's sitting on the terrace, drinking coffee and watching the neighbours. Other than that, weather conditions were terrible – heat, dust, direct sun, some strange particles in the air – I couldn’t breath, and angry faces looking at me (especially the one which resembles a Chechen a lot). Food was ….well……eatable (okey,okey….i am spoiled by French cuisine), but the service….lol. Most of the times I felt like I am in Belarusian state owned restaurant, amazing.

Once in the arena I witnessed some of the most surreal images of my life, one of the most famous PAO haters of IBN, Jan Van Grabski was sitting there proudly wearing a PAO triple crown t-shirt (And please do not even dare denying this as there is plenty of evidence) and, believe it or not, cheering for PAO. After miraculously running into EverGreen in the arena and taking a dozen pictures of Saras and Spanoulis the game was finished before we even knew it, and guess how, by PAO winning.
                    While entering arena Arkadios has warned me that guards will take everything that suppose to be dangerous. Ha ha…..Yeahhh, right…..not. The Guard just looked at my two lighters, bottle of water, swiss knife, looked at me and said "You are not going to throw those, right ?" and without any further consideration let me go free. So much for security.
                    Athmosphere in the game was amazing, I couldn’t see much as the guys sitting in front of me where jumping on their feet to cheer for a basket or to complain about Yannakis every 5 sec. I have learned a dozen of useful Greek swearing words though. I have taken hundred pics of Saras : Saras enters the arena, Saras talks with Obradovic, Saras touches his ass, Saras makes a 3 pointer, Saras hugs with Diamantidis, and so on. The game started with Gate13 throwing a bunch of flames into Yannakis, I was pretty sure that the match would be stopped, but they continued as if nothing has happened. All in all, everything was great.

So in order to celebrate this famous win some alcohol consumption was a must, but unfortunately and despite the desperate efforts by me and qiangdade we couldn't get her drunk... finally and just before collapsing we found our way back home, of course it was thanks to Jan Van Grabski's alertness that I'm still posting in this forum as I fell asleep in the bus with destination to Piraeus wearing a PAO t-shirt ... anyway the last thing I remember from that night was watching probably one of the worst scatophagic films of all times and my eyes closing...
                    I have to say that everyone in Greece seem to be very relaxed as if they don’t give a shit about anything. Like for example qiangdade, being late for about 5 hours, he finally shows up with his innocent face and gives us a "perfect" explanation of his late appearance "Sorry guys, I was…..errrrr….busy". Anyways, Qiangdade appeared as I imagined him, very tall, junkie, drunk and with that stupid smile on his face. My first thought upon seeing this combination was "He is adorable, Can I keep him? " (lol). Qiang was telling us some real bullshit most of the time like his theory on beaver migration, international policy on space objects, recipe of his gf's favourite cake and his favourite underwear color. Arkadios didn’t speak at all, he was just staring at the blonde chick sitting next to us and muttering something under his nose (I believe at that point he was just too wasted to participate in any constructive discussion). I don’t even want to go into details what happened after we ordered next round of drinks…. But I made a very good fortune by taking pictures of the action – sold them yesterday to Qiang (with the promise never to post them online) for a very attractive price

Next day was dedicated to ancient Greek culture, climbing, whining about the heat and magnet hunting. And of course coffee, the Greek way with EverGreen. The evening was pathetic as I got humiliated by Jan Van Grabski by losing a durak game with hands down. And as that wasn't bad enough, she declined playing the games that I have mastered and would have kicked her ass, chess and NBA 2K8. The entertainment was lame as well as the films I rented were so crappy we couldn't even watch em anyway.
                    Next day was dedicated to trying to kill JvG by exposing her to extremely hot weather.

Arkadios plays cards like a real amateur, it was so damn easy to win against him, I couldn’t believe my luck. And let's be true, I didn’t want to play chess and NBA 2K8, because I didn’t want to humiliate him even further. I am a person with manners.

Meeting EverGreen was like finding an oasis in a dessert. If I didn’t know, I would have never guessed that he is a greek No typical Greek rudeness, smiling all the time and of course full of stories about PAO. It was the first time in my life that I drank a coffee for several hours…..greeks are pros, when it comes to wasting time, I admit

Comment

Your probably the only one dude...

Uncle? I'm not that old... well... maybe mentally as some people here will try to convince you, but don't believe them...

The stories could be a lot better but I guess I had a bad luck meeting the most boring people of IBN...
                      I can assure u he's not the only one.
                      I was lmao in the airport reading those histories the other day, (and people started to look at me as i was crazy).
                      So u owe me some photos of that in exchange of what u did to my image of serious and respectable guy
                      I KISS BASKET

Comment

I've finally met Sariss today!!!
                        Now it's time for somebody else to come to Poland - Elaj!!!!!!
                        Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

I've met only one user. And it has been wonderful.
                          Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

We at the Philippines section actually set-up a viewing party but that did not happen... Glad to announce that we found another opportunity of meeting up:

VIA A BASKETBALL GAME!

We plan to do it weekly so that we can encourage other members to join us. And nothing beats meeting basketball forum posters through a basketball game--- makes the basketball talk a little more real.
                            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                              We at the Philippines section actually set-up a viewing party but that did not happen... Glad to announce that we found another opportunity of meeting up:

VIA A BASKETBALL GAME!

We plan to do it weekly so that we can encourage other members to join us. And nothing beats meeting basketball forum posters through a basketball game--- makes the basketball talk a little more real.
                              Same with us guys in Lebanon. I got to meet up with Daniab, CharbelSakr, and Illmatic a couple of times when we played some hoops in Lebanon.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                                Same with us guys in Lebanon. I got to meet up with Daniab, CharbelSakr, and Illmatic a couple of times when we played some hoops in Lebanon.
                                So... Do they know how to play the game as much as they know how to talk about it?
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information